Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree41Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:33 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Cape town

Posts: 392
Thanks: 106

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Originally Posted by Mrdcook2 View Post
I have went to carbon wheels on my 1299 and s1000rr and was able to tell a huge difference and I'm far from a motogp racer. More like a middle of the pack intermediate rider on track days. On the track with my 1299 when I first went to carbon I messed my tip in point a lot due to how much better the bike handled. I was tipping in way to early. Now that I have some practice on it I absolutely love it. The s1000rr became a beast in drag racing when I switched. Overall I highly recommend it. but I understand when people cant justify spending that much for wheels.
Thank you for a balanced report based on exp, it's refreshing.
👍
Captain Greg is offline  
 
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 01:28 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 744
Thanks: 265

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by Captain Greg View Post
Add that I simply said you lot must ride like demons.....
You made your usual uneducated attacking statement regarding bike tech that is totally wrong, Followed by statements regarding you at the gym, conversations with hot women and the usual delusions of grandeur.

You forgot to add your best mate who's a high court legal eagle and something to do with supercar ownership.

I was going to post a couple of technical articles relating to small modifications to superbikes that can really and truly enhance ownership but I thought most here would already have that knowledge and would have already shared it with other forum members, you see that's what this site is all about. Contributing useful information and also learning, which is what I come for.

Are you a contributor Greg or someone that will take information and advice on board?
Thanks from Riki
able duc is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 02:53 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: So Cal

Posts: 528
Thanks: 150

I Ride: 2016 Panigale R
OMG...Please all act like humans...Afterall King Richard the tosser has left..
jpanigale is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 03:20 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2016
From: PNW

Posts: 620
Thanks: 466

And people think Mark is a troll. Good lord
NW1299 is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 03:26 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
DucatiTerminator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Southern California

Posts: 263
Thanks: 100

Originally Posted by Captain Greg View Post

So my advise to a prat like you is not to invest in more go faster parts and carbon stuff just hit the gym lose the belly! get an 8 pack (6pack is so last year) you could save yourself a buk
I must be a prat then I guess?

An 8-pack isn't that difficult, just requires a little discipline. Anyone here is capable of doing it.

Insults aside, join the 1,000 lb. club, and I'll be impressed, especially if you weigh under 200 lbs.
DucatiTerminator is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 09:10 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Cape town

Posts: 392
Thanks: 106

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Originally Posted by able duc View Post
You made your usual uneducated attacking statement regarding bike tech that is totally wrong, Followed by statements regarding you at the gym, conversations with hot women and the usual delusions of grandeur.

You forgot to add your best mate who's a high court legal eagle and something to do with supercar ownership.

I was going to post a couple of technical articles relating to small modifications to superbikes that can really and truly enhance ownership but I thought most here would already have that knowledge and would have already shared it with other forum members, you see that's what this site is all about. Contributing useful information and also learning, which is what I come for.

Are you a contributor Greg or someone that will take information and advice on board?
Able your far to serious, makes me wonder if you get beaten by your wife
In my post that got got under your skin I said you guys that are serious about reducing weight on the bike must ride like demons, that was in fact a compliment but some of you fail to pick up on that....

Am I contributer? I'm not sure, read my thread on the brembo recall, read my in depth thread on the water leak you guys seem to think is normal! Read and absorb the indepth I went into from the factory re this matter. Read the technical information I posted from the factory regarding the leak and the difference between the 1299 and the SL ....this is not info I found from you experts.
What I do get from you lot is loads of info on cosmetic upgrades
Now at least we all know the leak is not normal and those who live with it are simply complacent

I may not have the expierience to hook the best time round our local track and nor do I care, we all have our hobbies and we place a diffrent value to them

Before I go TIBA to the comment from your mate re the 8 pack that had me in stitches.....as he said it's not difficult ye right every American has one 😂😂
Captain Greg is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 09:58 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 744
Thanks: 265

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by jpanigale View Post
OMG...Please all act like humans...Afterall King Richard the tosser has left..
He left?
able duc is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:08 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
DucatiTerminator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Southern California

Posts: 263
Thanks: 100

Originally Posted by Captain Greg View Post
Before I go TIBA to the comment from your mate re the 8 pack that had me in stitches.....as he said it's not difficult ye right every American has one 😂😂
Come at me, Bro. You're pretty quick to sling insults aren't you? All that tells me is that you're all mouth no action. I'm an old fart, but I can hold my own in a car, on a bike, and especially in the gym. And I've trained enough people successfully to make the statement I did. Trust me, if I can get an 8-pack, anyone can. You want to thump your chest some more, come look me up. You can afford Astons so I'm sure you can afford a trip to LA. We can race bikes and cars through the Malibu canyons, go weight train with some nationally ranked pro bodybuilders, and even go fuck pornstars. Seriously man, shut up or bring your A game.
DucatiTerminator is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:34 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Cape town

Posts: 392
Thanks: 106

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
Come at me, Bro. You're pretty quick to sling insults aren't you? All that tells me is that you're all mouth no action. I'm an old fart, but I can hold my own in a car, on a bike, and especially in the gym. And I've trained enough people successfully to make the statement I did. Trust me, if I can get an 8-pack, anyone can. You want to thump your chest some more, come look me up. You can afford Astons so I'm sure you can afford a trip to LA. We can race bikes and cars through the Malibu canyons, go weight train with some nationally ranked pro bodybuilders, and even go fuck pornstars. Seriously man, shut up or bring your A game.
Thank you for the invite, I will look you up as soon as I can Im going to be training the Military Pilots in the Middle East from March for a period of 6 months before I get any leave and I wont be leaving Cape Town during the best month of the year. (February) so dont expect me to arrive before September.

Glad you can hold your own as a old man , see we already have so much in common.
I accept as an old fart myself training these young new recruits fresh from the US Coast Guard to fly and fight in a conflict zone does bring with it the testosterone challenges..... must be a bit like racing round a track with 20 year old on rice rockets
One thing to be saying you can hold your own while living in civvie street with the comforts...can you do it countries with Harsh WX (weather)
Last year I completed 8 Months in Nepal flying rescue at Mount Everest and I cant tell you how many yanks who paid a fortune to climb her we brought down 3 days after arriving at base camp.... all guys who could hold their own.

Im TIBA

Ride safe
Captain Greg is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:56 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2016
From: Cape town

Posts: 392
Thanks: 106

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
Come at me, Bro. You're pretty quick to sling insults aren't you? All that tells me is that you're all mouth no action. I'm an old fart, but I can hold my own in a car, on a bike, and especially in the gym. And I've trained enough people successfully to make the statement I did. Trust me, if I can get an 8-pack, anyone can. You want to thump your chest some more, come look me up. You can afford Astons so I'm sure you can afford a trip to LA. We can race bikes and cars through the Malibu canyons, go weight train with some nationally ranked pro bodybuilders, and even go fuck pornstars. Seriously man, shut up or bring your A game.
seems your LA types suffer with basic discipline? I see this report yesterday

TECH INDUSTRY
Drone hovers right above jet landing at Las Vegas airport
No, it's not legal, but that didn't stop someone from taking a remote joyride on McCarran International Airport's flight path.

BY
STEPHEN SHANKLAND
FEBRUARY 2, 2018 5:15 PM PST
Captain Greg is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
bst, failure, wheel



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GEAR SENSOR! -failure and fix Raaseri Ducati 1299 2 Jul 22nd 2015 10:50 PM
Clear Coat failure mark419ny Ducati 1199 26 Nov 21st 2013 07:27 AM
Dash-ECU Failure Styler Mechanical and Technical 91 May 16th 2013 07:38 AM
260km - CAN failure Nikt Ducati 1199 18 Oct 18th 2012 04:26 PM
Clutch Failure Styler Ducati 1199 17 Jul 2nd 2012 10:35 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed