Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 2 Post By Stephen6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 26th 2018, 09:42 AM   #1

I Ride: 2016 Ducati 1299 Panigale: 2015 Yamaha R1
Tuneboy Linear Torque Setting

I have been running Tuneboy on my 2016 1299 standard for around a thousand miles now and I finally decided to try the linear torque setting. It's really great. Very smooth throttle response, no dip in power delivery anywhere. I commute to work every day on the Pani and with the linear torque and EBC set to 3, the ride isn't jerky. With the standard High Power throttle, it feels a bit jerky to me. The linear torque setting is better than standard High Power, but when you combine it with EBC3, it's very smooth. Most of a jerky throttle experience isn't the power delivery, it's the engine braking if you reduce throttle.

It's easy to engage the linear torque setting. You turn the key to on, turn the throttle to full, and hit the up key on the left side controls until the tach reads 6000 rpm. You do this once. The linear torque setting will be on every time you start the bike, until you tell it to change.
Thanks from GunMoto and AlanNut

Old Jan 27th 2018, 10:15 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Stephen6 View Post
I have been running Tuneboy on my 2016 1299 standard for around a thousand miles now and I finally decided to try the linear torque setting. It's really great. Very smooth throttle response, no dip in power delivery anywhere. I commute to work every day on the Pani and with the linear torque and EBC set to 3, the ride isn't jerky. With the standard High Power throttle, it feels a bit jerky to me. The linear torque setting is better than standard High Power, but when you combine it with EBC3, it's very smooth. Most of a jerky throttle experience isn't the power delivery, it's the engine braking if you reduce throttle.

It's easy to engage the linear torque setting. You turn the key to on, turn the throttle to full, and hit the up key on the left side controls until the tach reads 6000 rpm. You do this once. The linear torque setting will be on every time you start the bike, until you tell it to change.
Ciao, scusami potresti spiegare piu dettagliatamente cosa vuoi dire?

Grazie
Old Jan 28th 2018, 12:41 PM   #3

Yes, this is my preferred setting as well.

Cheers
Old Jan 28th 2018, 01:08 PM   #4

I Ride: 2015 1299 Panigale
I tried the linear setting for a good while, but I reverted back to the stock one last year. I found the stock easier to modulate when transferring from brakes to throttle in corners, while the linear just kicked the rear tire too much for my liking. I'm seriously looking into getting the Ducati Corse throttle instead...

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
linear, setting, torque, tuneboy