Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree24Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 27th 2018, 08:56 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Mrdcook2's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2016
From: Tennessee

Posts: 171
Thanks: 74

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299S, 2016 BMW S1000RR, 2015 Triumph Daytona 675R
Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
Is there a preferred integrated taillight that is close to OEM build quality yet visible in bright daylight? Or would you recommend a fender eliminator with mini turn signals. My goal is to clean up the rear (for artwork) while losing weight (functional). I've used Competition Werkes many years ago on a few bikes, but they weren't that bright. I know that LED technology has improved since then. Are there better options?
I have not seen a integrated tail light that was worth buying. I went with the motobox fender eliminator. It is a little pricey but the cleanest looking one out there in my opinion.
Thanks from DucatiTerminator
Mrdcook2 is offline  
 
Old Jan 27th 2018, 10:33 AM   #12
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: Bedfordshire UK

Posts: 31
Thanks: 29

I Ride: 1199R
Just go for the twin, its bullet proof, but every make has niggles that's the fun of performance biking.
The V4 will I am sure be fantastic too its called progress but i doubt if you will tell the difference, I would rather have the rasp of the desmocidici
Thanks from DucatiTerminator
John Russell is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 12:43 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Detroit

Posts: 252
Thanks: 62

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Iíd go for the V4, itís new, has all the latest tech, and you know you want it
Thanks from DucatiTerminator
AmpForE is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 01:39 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Sydney

Posts: 22
Thanks: 5

Own a 1299S, best bike Iíve ever owned and Iíve been riding for 40 years! I ride it to the office in traffic every day, track it, love it! Get a TuneBoy, itíll sort out the lean fuelling so it runs cooler. I replaced the quick shifter with a Translogic, better but not perfect. Have the water pump weep but not bad, have the cracked TFT screen even though itís never parked in the sun, air in the clutch master for no reason. Not interested in buying a V4, this is enough bike for me! Best of luck! Phil


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks from DucatiTerminator
mcknightp is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 02:05 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Peterborough or Exeter, England

Posts: 181
Thanks: 101

I Ride: 2015 1299s, 2009 675SE
My 1299s is the best Bike I have owned though my trusty 675 is not far behind it. Pussycat/animal in equal doses. If you get one just say to her before you go out ĎI love you, please donít kill meí and youíll be fine! Just be prepared to buy consumables. I never never killed a front tyre as quickly as I managed on this thing. I normally get 1 front to 2 rears. 100 miles after the rear I needed a new front! Tyres, oil, brake pads and fuel. Eats them like a fat kid in a sweet shop!
Thanks from DucatiTerminator
Southwest is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 02:26 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
gnance's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Juneau, AK

Posts: 574
Thanks: 203

I Ride: 2012 1199S ABS
I've had all kinds if sportbikes over the years....Kawasaki 636, zx10, mv f4, Ducati 1198. Currently have an 1199s, ninja h2, and s1000rr. The s1000rr is the bike that is probably the most capable for the money and realistically the best mechanical bike out of all of them I've had. However my 1199s is my favorite bike to ride and look at. It's so light and nimble and you just feel like a rockstar on that thing.


I was going to get the new v4 because I am excited about it, but my spidy senses say let Ducati go through the inevitable teething on not just a new model, but a new engine. Get one in a few years. Plus....the original panigale just looks better!

I don't know if any Italian bike would be my only ride. They can have issues, so I'd say have 2 bikes.
gnance is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 06:27 PM   #17
Member
 
RANGER86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: Savoy, IL

Posts: 48
Thanks: 10

I Ride: Ducati 1299 Panigale
1299 is the better street bike. The v4 will be the better track bike. I wouldn't trade my 1299 for anything. Well maybe a superleggera.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
RANGER86 is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 09:18 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
DucatiTerminator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Southern California

Posts: 195
Thanks: 56

Originally Posted by Mrdcook2 View Post
I have not seen a integrated tail light that was worth buying. I went with the motobox fender eliminator. It is a little pricey but the cleanest looking one out there in my opinion.
Thanks for the tip. I'm on the fence regarding the integrated tail light. I haven't seen one yet that I feel that strongly about. I like the Motobox and will look into it

Originally Posted by John Russell View Post
Just go for the twin, its bullet proof, but every make has niggles that's the fun of performance biking.
The V4 will I am sure be fantastic too its called progress but i doubt if you will tell the difference, I would rather have the rasp of the desmocidici
I've already decided on the twin for sure. For me, it marks the end of an era. I've been partial to twins the last few years, and I'm trading in a twin (KTM 990 Superduke R which I will sorely miss) to get the Panigale.

Originally Posted by AmpForE View Post
I’d go for the V4, it’s new, has all the latest tech, and you know you want it
I love V4's in general and have owned a VMax and a few VFR's. I test rode the latest Tuono Factory and RSV4RF and liked them very much. No doubt I will like the Panigale V4 a lot more. Knowing me, I'll be smitten with the V4R -- I have this fetish for R model homologation bikes, and the V4 will be no exception. So I will most likely wait for the R

Originally Posted by mcknightp View Post
Own a 1299S, best bike I’ve ever owned and I’ve been riding for 40 years! I ride it to the office in traffic every day, track it, love it! Get a TuneBoy, it’ll sort out the lean fuelling so it runs cooler. I replaced the quick shifter with a Translogic, better but not perfect. Have the water pump weep but not bad, have the cracked TFT screen even though it’s never parked in the sun, air in the clutch master for no reason. Not interested in buying a V4, this is enough bike for me! Best of luck! Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, Phil. 2-wheels commuting isn't paractical for me, and I only live a few miles from the office. Does the Tuneboy work for all Panigale models? Electronic rider aides are very new to me. I have a lot to learn before I start upgrading electronic components

Last edited by DucatiTerminator; Jan 27th 2018 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Typo
DucatiTerminator is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 09:44 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
DucatiTerminator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Southern California

Posts: 195
Thanks: 56

Originally Posted by Southwest View Post
My 1299s is the best Bike I have owned though my trusty 675 is not far behind it. Pussycat/animal in equal doses. If you get one just say to her before you go out ĎI love you, please donít kill meí and youíll be fine! Just be prepared to buy consumables. I never never killed a front tyre as quickly as I managed on this thing. I normally get 1 front to 2 rears. 100 miles after the rear I needed a new front! Tyres, oil, brake pads and fuel. Eats them like a fat kid in a sweet shop!
I suspect the Panigale will end up being one of my favorites. Buying consumables means I'm riding often which is a good problem to have

Originally Posted by gnance View Post
I've had all kinds if sportbikes over the years....Kawasaki 636, zx10, mv f4, Ducati 1198. Currently have an 1199s, ninja h2, and s1000rr. The s1000rr is the bike that is probably the most capable for the money and realistically the best mechanical bike out of all of them I've had. However my 1199s is my favorite bike to ride and look at. It's so light and nimble and you just feel like a rockstar on that thing.


I was going to get the new v4 because I am excited about it, but my spidy senses say let Ducati go through the inevitable teething on not just a new model, but a new engine. Get one in a few years. Plus....the original panigale just looks better!

I don't know if any Italian bike would be my only ride. They can have issues, so I'd say have 2 bikes.
Like you, I've had a lot of different sportbikes including a few you mentioned. It's hard for me to compare them, and I think I've grown attached to each one in some way. At the end of the day, it's almost always a Ducati that gives me the strongest emotional tug. That is usually the decisive factor for me

Originally Posted by RANGER86 View Post
1299 is the better street bike. The v4 will be the better track bike. I wouldn't trade my 1299 for anything. Well maybe a superleggera.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Either way, I'm hoping that eventually both the twin and V4 see both street and track. I'm confident that I won't trade my 1299 for anything too
DucatiTerminator is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2018, 10:22 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Sydney

Posts: 22
Thanks: 5

Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'm on the fence regarding the integrated tail light. I haven't seen one yet that I feel that strongly about. I like the Motobox and will look into it


I've already decided on the twin for sure. For me, it marks the end of an era. I've been partial to twins the last few years, and I'm trading in a twin (KTM 990 Superduke R which I will sorely miss) to get the Panigale.


I love V4's in general and have owned a VMax and a few VFR's. I test rode the latest Tuono Factory and RSV4RF and liked them very much. No doubt I will like the Panigale V4 a lot more. Knowing me, I'll be smitten with the V4R -- I have this fetish for R model homologation bikes, and the V4 will be no exception. So I will most likely wait for the R


Thank you, Phil. 2-wheels commuting isn't paractical for me, and I only live a few miles from the office. Does the Tuneboy work for all Panigale models? Electronic rider aides are very new to me. I have a lot to learn before I start upgrading electronic components


I only have an 8 mile commute but I still ride it every day! The TuneBoy works for all Panigale models! Smoothes out the fuelling and gives you cruise control, amazing on highways!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks from DucatiTerminator and cavlino
mcknightp is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
gentle, panigale, virgin



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati virgin and soon to be owner! Pickles1199 New Users 16 Aug 1st 2013 03:16 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed