Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 8th 2018, 11:40 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Southern California

Posts: 11
Thanks: 4

I Ride: 2017 Ducati Panigale 1299S
Hey Adrian, it's about the same distance from me but it's also near the dealer where I got my bike. Let me call them up to see if they have plans to do the Brembo brake recall on my 1299 anytime soon. If so, I wouldn't mind swinging over to check out this bike for you afterward.

Be damn funny if more people responded and we ended up descending upon this guy with a Ducati forum biker gang just to inspect one bike. We could call King up and make a video of it.
Thanks from DucatiTerminator
laughingmanred is offline  
 
Old Feb 8th 2018, 12:56 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Lima, PE

Posts: 103
Thanks: 29

Originally Posted by laughingmanred View Post
Hey Adrian, it's about the same distance from me but it's also near the dealer where I got my bike. Let me call them up to see if they have plans to do the Brembo brake recall on my 1299 anytime soon. If so, I wouldn't mind swinging over to check out this bike for you afterward.

Be damn funny if more people responded and we ended up descending upon this guy with a Ducati forum biker gang just to inspect one bike. We could call King up and make a video of it.
Hahaha. Make sure he puts some bubbles on that video. If one of you could moonwalk next to it that would be great just to see how moonwalking suits it. I just imagined the scenario of a like a handful of guys showing up to inspect a bike for a third party. Hilarious.

Sounds good man, let me know what they say.
That would be perfect. Appreciate you reaching out either way. Thank you.
adrian7 is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2018, 03:01 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Halo2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 747
Thanks: 151

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Get the bike inspected at a ducati dealership with that paperwork should be enough, the owner should pay for it if they want to sell it.
Halo2 is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2018, 04:24 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Lima, PE

Posts: 103
Thanks: 29

Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Get the bike inspected at a ducati dealership with that paperwork should be enough, the owner should pay for it if they want to sell it.
Not a bad idea either. Thanks Halo
adrian7 is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2018, 07:59 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2016
From: Southern California

Posts: 11
Thanks: 4

I Ride: 2017 Ducati Panigale 1299S
Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Get the bike inspected at a ducati dealership with that paperwork should be enough, the owner should pay for it if they want to sell it.
This is true, as I mentioned before, this guy is located up near the Brea Ducati dealer and they have a pretty knowledgeable service department from my experience.
laughingmanred is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2018, 09:27 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Lima, PE

Posts: 103
Thanks: 29

Originally Posted by laughingmanred View Post
This is true, as I mentioned before, this guy is located up near the Brea Ducati dealer and they have a pretty knowledgeable service department from my experience.
Yeah agreed.
That'd be SoCal Motorsports in Brea, right?

I'm still hoping that one of the guys who have offered to help will be able to, so I don't risk that the dealership end up luring him into to some sort of trade or anything like that
adrian7 is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2018, 11:30 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Lima, PE

Posts: 103
Thanks: 29

@laughingmanred, @ducatiterminator,

Did either of you have any luck figuring out if you would be able to go give it a look possibly sometime this week? Early next week probably wouldn't be a problem for him either if that makes a difference for you guys.
adrian7 is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2018, 02:38 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
DucatiTerminator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Southern California

Posts: 263
Thanks: 101

Originally Posted by adrian7 View Post
@laughingmanred, @ducatiterminator,

Did either of you have any luck figuring out if you would be able to go give it a look possibly sometime this week? Early next week probably wouldn't be a problem for him either if that makes a difference for you guys.
This weekend is looking like a possibility.
DucatiTerminator is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2018, 08:31 AM   #19
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Palmdale, CA

Posts: 90
Thanks: 32

I Ride: 2017 Ducati Panigale Anniversario #015/500
Somebody, or a few somebodies, are going to help you on this. I'd love to but, it's a two hour drive for me without traffic. With traffic, very painful.

With that low of mileage IT SHOULD BE in PERFECT CONDITION. Whoever looks at it should look at the tires closely. They will tell part of the story.
Stangar is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2018, 06:27 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2017
From: Lima, PE

Posts: 103
Thanks: 29

Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
This weekend is looking like a possibility.
Hey brother,
Unfortuantely the timeline for my arrival in CA has been pushed a little, and it's not looking more like anywhere from June to September, so sadly it's kind of looking like it's now becoming very complicated for me to buy this bike. Even if I was willing to buy it now and have it stored, the new timeline has made it very likely that I'll be able to get a better offer by waiting it out, rather than having a bike depreciating for months until my arrival - I think - thoughts???

Again let me just say that I really appreciate the helpfulness of you and other members on here. I will definitely reach out to you if this opportunity or a similar one presents itself again down the line, and if nothing else, upon arrival in LA.
adrian7 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
throwing



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ok, I'm no expert but this seems bad... (Dash throwing rave party.) TransNone13 Mechanical and Technical 26 Jun 30th 2013 02:53 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed