Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree5Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 8th 2018, 11:40 AM   #11

I Ride: 2017 Ducati Panigale 1299S
Hey Adrian, it's about the same distance from me but it's also near the dealer where I got my bike. Let me call them up to see if they have plans to do the Brembo brake recall on my 1299 anytime soon. If so, I wouldn't mind swinging over to check out this bike for you afterward.

Be damn funny if more people responded and we ended up descending upon this guy with a Ducati forum biker gang just to inspect one bike. We could call King up and make a video of it.
Thanks from DucatiTerminator

Old Feb 8th 2018, 12:56 PM   #12

Originally Posted by laughingmanred View Post
Hey Adrian, it's about the same distance from me but it's also near the dealer where I got my bike. Let me call them up to see if they have plans to do the Brembo brake recall on my 1299 anytime soon. If so, I wouldn't mind swinging over to check out this bike for you afterward.

Be damn funny if more people responded and we ended up descending upon this guy with a Ducati forum biker gang just to inspect one bike. We could call King up and make a video of it.
Hahaha. Make sure he puts some bubbles on that video. If one of you could moonwalk next to it that would be great just to see how moonwalking suits it. I just imagined the scenario of a like a handful of guys showing up to inspect a bike for a third party. Hilarious.

Sounds good man, let me know what they say.
That would be perfect. Appreciate you reaching out either way. Thank you.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 03:01 PM   #13

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Get the bike inspected at a ducati dealership with that paperwork should be enough, the owner should pay for it if they want to sell it.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 04:24 AM   #14

Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Get the bike inspected at a ducati dealership with that paperwork should be enough, the owner should pay for it if they want to sell it.
Not a bad idea either. Thanks Halo
Old Feb 9th 2018, 07:59 AM   #15

I Ride: 2017 Ducati Panigale 1299S
Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
This is true, as I mentioned before, this guy is located up near the Brea Ducati dealer and they have a pretty knowledgeable service department from my experience.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 09:27 AM   #16

Originally Posted by laughingmanred View Post
This is true, as I mentioned before, this guy is located up near the Brea Ducati dealer and they have a pretty knowledgeable service department from my experience.
Yeah agreed.
That'd be SoCal Motorsports in Brea, right?

I'm still hoping that one of the guys who have offered to help will be able to, so I don't risk that the dealership end up luring him into to some sort of trade or anything like that
Old Feb 12th 2018, 11:30 AM   #17

@laughingmanred, @ducatiterminator,

Did either of you have any luck figuring out if you would be able to go give it a look possibly sometime this week? Early next week probably wouldn't be a problem for him either if that makes a difference for you guys.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 02:38 PM   #18

Originally Posted by adrian7 View Post
@laughingmanred, @ducatiterminator,

Did either of you have any luck figuring out if you would be able to go give it a look possibly sometime this week? Early next week probably wouldn't be a problem for him either if that makes a difference for you guys.
This weekend is looking like a possibility.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 08:31 AM   #19

I Ride: 2017 Ducati Panigale Anniversario #015/500
Somebody, or a few somebodies, are going to help you on this. I'd love to but, it's a two hour drive for me without traffic. With traffic, very painful.

With that low of mileage IT SHOULD BE in PERFECT CONDITION. Whoever looks at it should look at the tires closely. They will tell part of the story.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 06:27 AM   #20

Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
This weekend is looking like a possibility.
Hey brother,
Unfortuantely the timeline for my arrival in CA has been pushed a little, and it's not looking more like anywhere from June to September, so sadly it's kind of looking like it's now becoming very complicated for me to buy this bike. Even if I was willing to buy it now and have it stored, the new timeline has made it very likely that I'll be able to get a better offer by waiting it out, rather than having a bike depreciating for months until my arrival - I think - thoughts???

Again let me just say that I really appreciate the helpfulness of you and other members on here. I will definitely reach out to you if this opportunity or a similar one presents itself again down the line, and if nothing else, upon arrival in LA.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
throwing