Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 10th 2018, 05:21 PM   #1

I Ride: 2008 848, 2014 Monster 796, 2012 Multistrada 1200 ST, 2015 Panigale 1299 'G' / Special Final Edition
MUPO Suspension Settings - advice needed

Hi, I have had the front and rear MUPO suspension kit installed in my rebuilt 2015 Panigale 1299. Btw, I have the OEM Sachs shock for sale if anyone wants it.

I plan to use my Panigale this year for both street and track (and likely convert it 100% to a track bike next year). I am 5'8" tall and 170 lbs. I will have for sure the suspension professionally tuned in a couple of months at the track, but for now I would like some advice on which settings (front and rear) would be a good starting point.

And hear from anyone else with experience with MUPO suspensions.

Gianni

Old Feb 10th 2018, 08:58 PM   #2

I have the simplified race version on my race bike front and rear on my base 1299 . I dont have the adjustable spring rate kit(K119) , was a bit skeptical on it. The clicks on the cartridge totally depends where the nut on the rod is wound to. one advice I could offer up is, get the correct spring rate. They will supply way to stiff for your weight. I have had issues getting feel with the spring rate supplied to me . I have just had the cartridges revalved and the preload threads repaired . There was a fault from the factory with the machining of a needle to seat in one leg . All fixed but the springs were way to firm with the revalving maybe having an effect. 80kg 1.1 rate in the front, but the 90 in the shock was ok . I have just put 95 Ohlins springs in the front and will test at Phillip Island this week . I have played to MUCH with geometry settings and have put everything back to std ride heights. I was told not to touch the HS Comp on the shock just the LSpeed setting.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 10:46 PM   #3

"There was a fault from the factory with the machining of a needle to seat in one leg ."
We had the same Issue

"I don't have the adjustable spring rate kit(K119) , was a bit skeptical on it. The clicks on the cartridge totally depends where the nut on the rod is wound to."
Not sure if I understand you right... Setting the spring rate does not affect the ride height more than changing springs.

If you have the K911 system: the anti rotation screw is exactly that. Don't screw it to bottom. The pieces must be able to slide up and down.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 10:32 AM   #4

hi

what are your clicks on the rear shock for compression and rebound.

M
Old Feb 19th 2019, 10:24 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Mafiaboy View Post
hi

what are your clicks on the rear shock for compression and rebound.

M
My bike is still with my mechanic, I have some records I'll pass on if youd like. I'm 80kg + gear.

I'm getting close to nailing the optimum base settings , (after so many mistakes , I should be)!

Are you running Mupo cartridges too?

Should compare swingarm length too with those cog changes.

My mechanic is Ben of Desmo Sport , Troy Bayliss's team so i've had geometry set up to match. Pity the my pace wont match

Last edited by Calderara di Reno; Feb 19th 2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Feb 20th 2019, 01:59 AM   #6

Cool thanks and yes please. Iím also 80+ with gear. Probably around 87 or so.

Iím only running the rear at the moment. Have not ridden her yet. Just put the shock on yesterday.

I it currently set to 20 clicks out on rebound and 9 on the LS comp. Have not touched the HS.

I had the geometry etc set my Motouno here in SA. He does many on the 1299 race bikes of the guys here in to different classes and series. From what point to what point do you measure on the swing arm.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
advice, mupo, needed, settings, suspension