Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree13Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 02:42 AM   #1

Talking Wrapping My Ride ???

Hot Damn ! Thought I was buying my Dream Bike only to find a dozen or so in the area and more than I can count out on the road . I'm seeing 17 year old teens riding the same RED STREAK I'm on .
Geez , here I am thinkin , I wanna be just a little different ! SO !!! How about a wrap ? Decals don't do it for me , I don't really like Race Livery on a street bike , the graphics are for the track and I'm not a Wannabe (no offence 2 wannabes ,some day you may BE). In fact I love the tri coloured , but I can't see myself riding one .
So ,not being a look at me personality ,I also don't like melting into the crowd and I figure something tasteful in a wrap might help my ego .Any Helpful opinions and information pertaining to wraps (PROS-CONS-COST-AVAILABILITY) would be greatly appreciated .

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 02:49 AM   #2

Originally Posted by loki99er View Post
Hot Damn ! Thought I was buying my Dream Bike only to find a dozen or so in the area and more than I can count out on the road . I'm seeing 17 year old teens riding the same RED STREAK I'm on .
Geez , here I am thinkin , I wanna be just a little different ! SO !!! How about a wrap ? Decals don't do it for me , I don't really like Race Livery on a street bike , the graphics are for the track and I'm not a Wannabe (no offence 2 wannabes ,some day you may BE). In fact I love the tri coloured , but I can't see myself riding one .
So ,not being a look at me personality ,I also don't like melting into the crowd and I figure something tasteful in a wrap might help my ego .Any Helpful opinions and information pertaining to wraps (PROS-CONS-COST-AVAILABILITY) would be greatly appreciated .
Hahahhaaaaa.....if you wanted one off, you should have bought a SuperMono
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 03:23 AM   #3

reply 2 late night howler

Originally Posted by Moondognyc View Post
Hahahhaaaaa.....if you wanted one off, you should have bought a SuperMono
Thanx EINSTEIN ,that's real helpful ! BUT ! I hear what you're sayin .
What I guess I should have imported was a customization that was more personalized . I'm thinking of a beautiful all black FireBlade I saw on a ride to Lake Louise about a decade back ONE of the most beautiful bikes I've seen.
I saw a 1199 in metallic grey that I fell in love with as well ,SO !!!
I figure with a wrap I can keep the bike STOCK RED and not devalue resale value if I decide to sell in the future .
I'm hoping this makes sense to those that like personal touches to their rides,We all like to add our personal touches , even though they may not be needed .
It's mine ! know what I mean ?
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 05:35 AM   #4
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle

Ducati 1199 Panigale - Race Ferrings ? Incognito Wraps
Thanks from Nitrouz, Blade Runner and loki99er
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 07:02 AM   #5

2 cool 4 this fool

On a P59 Mustang those graphics look cool , on my baby , I dunno ???
I've been looking at the fake Carbon Fibre wraps , which look gorgeous done right . Then again Pearlescent paint jobs have always been a fave ,but the Pearlescent wraps don't seem to have the sparkle that the paint has.
Wannabe Conservative yet still stand out .I don't wanna yell , HEY , LOOKIT ME ! KNOW WHAT i MEAN ?
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 07:51 AM   #6

You said no "Wannabe." Fake carbon is Wannabe. Go real, or go home. Just sayin'
Thanks from Nitrouz, MrSolo and adrian7
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 01:38 PM   #7

real helpful !

Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
You said no "Wannabe." Fake carbon is Wannabe. Go real, or go home. Just sayin'
and they come outta the woodwork ... Fake Carbon is Wannabe ,but it's still Gorgeous , is it not ?
You apparently took UMBRAGE to my use of the word Wannabe and I certainly don't wannabe and never have been one to FAKE IT .
I'm even at the point of checking prices and looking for someone selling stock plastic so that I may use my Pearlescence paint scheme .
But I'm in no hurry , just finished checking Craigslist and found some neat colour schemes .One scheme off a 2012 Yamaha R6 is really interesting and custom paint jobs and wrapping are there for perusal .
SO !!! just sayin , learn how to read ,better yet ,learn reading comprehension .
I know reading comprehension is taught in gr5 or 6 nowadays ,just sayin .
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 02:06 PM   #8

Relax, bro. Sensitive much?

You set the criteria. I simply pointed out something you overlooked. I frankly don't care how you dress your ride. Poser/legit, show/go -- doesn't matter to me. You state, "I'm not a Wannabe," so I'm keeping you honest. In fact, I used a vernacular that was more appropriate to the way you write. I thought you might appreciate that, but I guess I was wrong.

I thought my reading comprehnsion was adequate. Perhaps I don't understand Canadian? My bad. I'm fairly fluent with French, however, if you are from the other side of Canada.

<--- right back at you

p.s. Someone with less than perfect grammar should not be criticizing another's reading comprehension or lack thereof.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 02:17 PM   #9

honesty

Originally Posted by DucatiTerminator View Post
Relax, bro. Sensitive much?

You set the criteria. I simply pointed out something you overlooked. I frankly don't care how you dress your ride. Poser/legit, show/go -- doesn't matter to me. You state, "I'm not a Wannabe," so I'm keeping you honest. In fact, I used a vernacular that was more appropriate to the way you write. I thought you might appreciate that, but I guess I was wrong.

I thought my reading comprehnsion was adequate. Perhaps I don't understand Canadian? My bad. I'm fairly fluent with French, however, if you are from the other side of Canada.

<--- right back at you

p.s. Someone with less than perfect grammar should not be criticizing another's reading comprehension or lack thereof.
Who are you to keep me honest ??? POLICING forums ,so you can make SNIDE REMARKS ... you're a dime a dozen on every site .
and this medium is RIFE with IMPERFECTION ,then again !!! MAYBE YOU'RE PERFECT ,HUH ???
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 02:21 PM   #10

I Ride: 2015 1299S, 2014 Monster 1200S, 2013 S1000RR
I'm intrigued by the space between the last letter of a word and the corresponding punctuation.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
ride, wrapping