Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 20th 2018, 09:16 PM   #1

Clutch master cylinder problem

I changed out the levers a few months ago and now I just changed out the clutch slave cylinder with a Ducabike one. But, now, I canít bleed the system. Somehow when I pull the clutch lever in, it wonít push into the master cylinder diaphragm (or whatever you call it). Tried adjusting the small screw on the lever to get it go further into the master cylinder but still nothing work. Removed the lever and use a small metal rod pushing into the master cylinder and it works normal. Been trying to adjust the screw in and out but canít get the lever to engage the master. Please give me any advice or suggestion. Thx.

Old Apr 21st 2018, 03:37 AM   #2

I Ride: 2013 1199S
You have to bleed the master first then slave
Old Apr 21st 2018, 07:19 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
You have to bleed the master first then slave
I tried bleeding the master also but couldnít bleed it because the lever wonít push into the madter cylinder diaphragm.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 07:46 AM   #4

Would the master cylinder get clogged or anything of that sort? I took the banjo bolt out from the bottom of the master cylinder and no fluid came out of it. Even tried to pump the lever a few times but nothing came out, even air. But if I take the lever out and push a rod in, I’ll get normal action and fluid came out. This is bugging me and got me wondering and guessing all possibilities last night. Please help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 08:51 AM   #5

I Ride: 1299S
"DUCABIKE BILLET/CF CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER: DUCATI [ALL EXCEPT PANIGALE/DESMOSEDICI] 30MM"

Are you sure you've got the right slave cylinder?

the problem- if you use deductive reasoning -is not in your clutch lever
because the problem started when you replaced the slave cylinder I'd focus on this . the lever was working fine before .
Old Apr 21st 2018, 09:19 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
"DUCABIKE BILLET/CF CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER: DUCATI [ALL EXCEPT PANIGALE/DESMOSEDICI] 30MM"

Are you sure you've got the right slave cylinder?

the problem- if you use deductive reasoning -is not in your clutch lever
because the problem started when you replaced the slave cylinder I'd focus on this . the lever was working fine before .
Thanks for the suggestion but, I thought about that also. But, regardless of the clutch slave cylinder working or not, I should be able to bleed the master cylinder. Even remove the banjo bolt under the master cylinder and nothing come out with the clutch lever held in. Thatís what got me troubled all night long. Couldnít figure out why.

By the way, I bought the Ducabike AF04 30mm slave cylinder. It clearly stated that itís for the Panigale.
AF04 - PANIGALE CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER - Ducabike

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
clutch, cylinder, master, problem