Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree12Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 25th 2018, 06:22 PM   #11

I Ride: red 2015 Multistrada
Originally Posted by louis041 View Post
I thought this year was sub par compared to the previous couple of years. It was hidden beside the main grandstand and was far away from the rest of the vendors. We took the shuttle over from turn 15 and there were about a quarter of the bikes as last year, a small merchandise booth instead of the large tent from previous years and definitely less people. I was asked multiple times where ducati island was this year because it was great to see.

My overall opinion is that they should move it back to behind turn 15 and they will get more traffic and better exposure. Plus, a better experience for the ducati community.
I second that, plus the grass field where it usually is had absolutely nothing on it the whole weekend. I usually make several trips through it, but only went through one time this year because of how far away it was from my seat.

Last edited by cmh210; Apr 25th 2018 at 06:24 PM.

Old Apr 25th 2018, 07:09 PM   #12

I Ride: 2012 1199S
so i don't remember who told me, maybe it was someone on this forum. it might even be a rumor or it might be true but someone told me the grass infield from last year was left in such a condition that the owners (whomever that is) didn't want to host ducati island the following year.

i'm not trying to be critical but i called cota several times and spoke with the right person (not the wrong person) who said ducati island was coming soon, just don't know when exactly; not sure if it was going to happen, didn't know why it wasn't final yet. it was not until march 19th that we got our first email confirming so maybe that was too late. regular motogp tickets went on sale december 7th. i wonder how many people couldn't wait so long to make their plans.

ducati island ticket prices were a little higher this year (i think) but you got go-cart tix and scrambler rides plus the grandstand seats and the velocity lounge. i thought it was pretty cool, i'd like to see the owners club a little bit larger and roomier, maybe about twice the size would be nice. loved the owners club grass lawn overlooking the starting grid. maybe if our new bike parking area could get some grass turf and some landscaping, it could work out for the long term. i do miss the integration with the other vendors.

imho
Old Apr 26th 2018, 06:32 AM   #13

I Ride: 2015 1199R
I thought this year was sub par compared to the previous couple of years. It was hidden beside the main grandstand and was far away from the rest of the vendors. We took the shuttle over from turn 15 and there were about a quarter of the bikes as last year, a small merchandise booth instead of the large tent from previous years and definitely less people. I was asked multiple times where ducati island was this year because it was great to see.

My overall opinion is that they should move it back to behind turn 15 and they will get more traffic and better exposure. Plus, a better experience for the ducati community.
This being my first visit, i have nothing but praise for the set-up - with shrinkage throughout the industry and not one other manufacturer even handing out a key ring, Ducati gives us convenient parking, a secure gear check, cell phone charging station, the Ducati line up of bikes, a band, a DJ, access to Lorenzo & Dovi, two tier seating on the start grid (chairs provided), espresso, drinks, and a free lunch - i'll say it again "Thank You Ducati" !

there is an expression: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" & i'm not going to
Thanks from Phl and youngR
Old Apr 26th 2018, 06:39 AM   #14

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by RD16RR View Post
This being my first visit, i have nothing but praise for the set-up - with shrinkage throughout the industry and not one other manufacturer even handing out a key ring, Ducati gives us convenient parking, a secure gear check, cell phone charging station, the Ducati line up of bikes, a band, a DJ, access to Lorenzo & Dovi, two tier seating on the start grid (chairs provided), espresso, drinks, and a free lunch - i'll say it again "Thank You Ducati" !

there is an expression: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" & i'm not going to
Ducati does threat their customers the best compared to others by far. You feel "special"

You notice it in WSBK races as well.
Thanks from RD16RR
Old Apr 26th 2018, 06:58 AM   #15
Phl

I Ride: Panigale, CRF450, CRF50, GROM, bionicon supershuttle
last years' setting was a bit more inclusive, this year's more exclusive.

and basically almost the best seats in the house.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 07:14 AM   #16

I Ride: 2016 959

You are paying for those perks through the Ducati island package. My personal opinion is that it wasn't worth it for me this year, many of the things you mentioned we're also provided by Honda and Yamaha in the support paddock.

I prefer the inclusive atmosphere of Ducati island behind turn 15. It gave the brand an opportunity to show non ducatisti what the Ducati community is all about.

That being said, everyone will have their own opinion and I'm glad you enjoyed your first Ducati island experience. I hope Ducati keeps it going for years to come.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old Apr 26th 2018, 07:46 AM   #17

don't forget the parade lap. if i had to compare this year to last year, i would say this year was a tad bit better...because of the seating. and to be honest, it didn't matter how long they took to make the package available, i probably would have waited until the week before race day to buy.
Old Apr 26th 2018, 07:58 AM   #18

I Ride: 2015 1199R
You are paying for those perks through the Ducati island package. My personal opinion is that it wasn't worth it for me this year, many of the things you mentioned we're also provided by Honda and Yamaha in the support paddock.

I prefer the inclusive atmosphere of Ducati island behind turn 15. It gave the brand an opportunity to show non ducatisti what the Ducati community is all about.

That being said, everyone will have their own opinion and I'm glad you enjoyed your first Ducati island experience. I hope Ducati keeps it going for years to come.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
It was completely free - all that was needed was proof of ownership of a Ducati (easy enough to do)

I totally agree with you, opinions will vary...and i hope they keep it going as well - All Good !!

Last edited by RD16RR; Apr 26th 2018 at 08:07 AM.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 11:57 AM   #19

I Ride: 2015 R1 2014 HP4 2012 1199 S sold 2007 zx10r and zx6r both sold
Found rossi after the race waiting to leave at Cota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mark419ny; Apr 30th 2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 12:59 PM   #20

...which makes me remember to say, my niece and i always get the ducati island package and she doesn't ride a ducati so i always have an extra parade lap pass and extra ducati parking bracelets for ducati owners who don't get the package but maybe want to take advantage of some of the perks next year.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2018, cota, ducati, island