Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree19Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2nd 2018, 06:26 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,798
Thanks: 1061

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by HiSpeed48 View Post
Problem with the DesmoRR is they made too many of them. They pop up on eBay quite often and sell for about half their original price. But the DesmoRR is a real-deal exotic. A motogp bike with lights. In 20 years I could see them being a $100k bike.
I rather have new DesmoRR that will come out in few years with this new V4.
Thanks from mark419ny and jpanigale
youngR is offline  
 
Old May 2nd 2018, 12:44 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
RetardedTiming's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canyon Country

Posts: 498
Thanks: 298

I Ride: Anniversario l Hypermotard 939 SP
Originally Posted by c6vette View Post
Man if you can find one selling in the 22k range I'll buy it right now...and I already have one in the garage.
One just sold locally for $20k. Had around 7500 miles on it with full Akra and a few other trinkets.

I'll never sell mine as it would be a huge loss of fun tickets.
RetardedTiming is offline  
Old May 2nd 2018, 01:25 PM   #23
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: NYC

Posts: 73
Thanks: 11

Originally Posted by HiSpeed48 View Post
Problem with the DesmoRR is they made too many of them. They pop up on eBay quite often and sell for about half their original price. But the DesmoRR is a real-deal exotic. A motogp bike with lights. In 20 years I could see them being a $100k bike.
esp considering they sold for the same amount as a 1299 SL
KarlKani is offline  
Old May 2nd 2018, 01:46 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Halo2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 748
Thanks: 151

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Originally Posted by HiSpeed48 View Post
Problem with the DesmoRR is they made too many of them. They pop up on eBay quite often and sell for about half their original price. But the DesmoRR is a real-deal exotic. A motogp bike with lights. In 20 years I could see them being a $100k bike.
Lol they didn't make too many only 1500 out there, it’s a economy problem.

Ours in aus still hold their value because the economy is slowly ticking over due to chinese investment and mining.

Problem is when they were made the economy was booming banks were handing money out to anyone and everyone, now the world economy is f*cked.

Also from my dealer they ride like shit, hot and vibrate like crazy.

The new Motogp V4 that surely will come out would be alot more refined.

Originally Posted by RetardedTiming View Post
One just sold locally for $20k. Had around 7500 miles on it with full Akra and a few other trinkets.

I'll never sell mine as it would be a huge loss of fun tickets.
If one here ever got to 20K I would buy it in a heartbeat

Last edited by Halo2; May 3rd 2018 at 10:21 PM.
Halo2 is offline  
Old May 2nd 2018, 02:34 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 852
Thanks: 289

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post



If one here ever got to 20K I would buy it in a heartbeat
Shit yeah! even 20US
able duc is offline  
Old May 3rd 2018, 07:33 AM   #26
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Massachusetts

Posts: 77
Thanks: 28

V4 much better bike than 1299.
Plus runs cooler which is a major plus but still going to get warm/ hot at times. HP cost money and makes heat.
Aniverseriario is very cool it will be tough to get the right money for it on your own. Probally best bet if you are going to let it go would be your dealers sales floor on consignment.
Goshow1199 is offline  
Old May 3rd 2018, 12:56 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,587
Thanks: 509

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by KarlKani View Post
esp considering they sold for the same amount as a 1299 SL
1299SL is listed at $80k, the D16RR sold for $65k for initial buyers (pre-orders 2yrs ahead of time) and $72k for "late comers" - the bottom fell out on them once deliveries started (2008) as the stock market recoiled huge, and some were re-sold as original depositors couldn't finish the purchase - i saw 1 or 2 sell in the 50's new

i sold mine after 23k+ miles, and would never have considered holding on to it for increased resale value - i'm not in the collector world, and mileage kills that aspect totally...riding tends to be the priority when you've got one in the garage
RD16RR is offline  
Old May 3rd 2018, 04:01 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: NYC

Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 514

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by RD16RR View Post
1299SL is listed at $80k, the D16RR sold for $65k for initial buyers (pre-orders 2yrs ahead of time) and $72k for "late comers" - the bottom fell out on them once deliveries started (2008) as the stock market recoiled huge, and some were re-sold as original depositors couldn't finish the purchase - i saw 1 or 2 sell in the 50's new

i sold mine after 23k+ miles, and would never have considered holding on to it for increased resale value - i'm not in the collector world, and mileage kills that aspect totally...riding tends to be the priority when you've got one in the garage
yea and Ducati were supposed to only make a small number i think it was 500 for the original run and then they screwed everyone over and produced 1500 of them.

And as we know 1500 for a bike is not that limited i know some zero mileage ones sold for 90k recently but they were still in the crate, and i think they are trading around the 50Kish mark now with people asking $60-$65.

I'm glad you put some mileage on yours i have a couple of friends who had them back in the day and sold them as they thought they were terrible on the track and the 1098R was a better bike but they are so so pretty i've some close to pulling the trigger on one a few times but i just don't ride on the street so it would just sit around gathering dust.
reganc is offline  
Old May 3rd 2018, 04:43 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
wilkson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: australia

Posts: 2,813
Thanks: 2392

I bought my D16RR new and paid the discounted price rode it regularly on the track and sold it when the 3 year warranty and service was up dropped 20K on it but it was a fun $20,000 to spend
Thanks from Phl
wilkson is offline  
Old May 4th 2018, 04:36 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Yonkers, New York USA

Posts: 1,587
Thanks: 509

I Ride: 2015 1199R
Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
I bought my D16RR new and paid the discounted price rode it regularly on the track and sold it when the 3 year warranty and service was up dropped 20K on it but it was a fun $20,000 to spend

thankfully Ducati was very good with the warranty because without the warranty or service maint. plan it came with, it would have been a real test of your love and passion -- the service visits were intense -- full motor tear downs, valves replaced, and # of hours it took to do

i went thru a list of things, which was to be expected (i guess) - great fun, great bike to street ride, and i'd do it all over again (which in a way i am with the SL)

once my 3yrs were up, i just let it go
RD16RR is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
anniversario, sell



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trying to sell my bike need help. ygfamily21 Ducati 1199 5 Jul 17th 2016 05:46 PM
Sell my wheels? Red Dawn Ducati 1199 22 Jun 26th 2014 08:52 AM
Did all 500 Super Leggeras sell ? bradp51 Ducati 1199 18 Mar 4th 2014 08:17 AM
For Sale: 1199 must sell. Bigbadcj Classifieds 6 Aug 20th 2012 05:04 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed