Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 18th 2018, 01:27 PM   #1

Tuneboy Help Request

I am a bit desperate for help, so I apologize if my post comes off as a bit of a ramble. I'm hoping someone may be able to assist though. This is regarding a completely stock / base 1299.

I just received my Tuneboy kit, but admittedly, I have little (and by little, I mean none) experience with any type of ECU flashing or anything of the sort.

No worries, I was assured this wouldn't need any prior experience.

But that couldn't be further from the truth. I follow the instructions as stated, but noticed that on the first flash, it kept crashing around 12% completion. I had to literally try about 20 times for it to finally make it all the way to 100%.

So then, I move on to the steps where it asks me to enter in my login / password so I can get the key. I do all of that, then the instructions suggest I REFLASH what I had just done in the prior steps (this makes no sense to me). Whatever though, I follow the instructions and do it. But this time, I can't get it to go through. No way, no how. I've got over 100 tries, and each time it ends at roughly 8% to 12%. I've tried so many times, my battery is now dead.

The bike is permanently in '! Engine' mode, and I can't get it to start. My bike is literally FUBAR from this program.

All I wanted was the damn cruise control.

Now when I plug the program in, it doesn't reflect my key or anything, and just shows "FFFFF" with a '0' in every other field.

I'm totally lost. I've tried reflashing with the 'Standard' map, and that also fails every single time.

Last edited by JustinWK; Jun 18th 2018 at 01:46 PM.

Old Jun 18th 2018, 02:32 PM   #2

It has been a while since I did mine but with ECU flashes I think it is advisable to have a charger on the battery. If the battery voltage is low you can lose communication with the ECU and that can cause the ECU to become similar in performance to a cold rice pudding.

Cheers
Old Jun 18th 2018, 04:09 PM   #3

Thank you for the reply!

Gave that a shot, but unfortunately, still only gets to about (at most) 8%, even with amps in the 12.4 range.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 06:16 PM   #4

I Ride: 1199s
Ive not experienced this issue but it sounds quite serious and you probably have to send the ecu to Wayne or the nearest dealer which are few and far between. Id send the connection module as well so they can test that all your devices are working correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Jun 18th 2018, 07:03 PM   #5

Originally Posted by tteitei View Post
Ive not experienced this issue but it sounds quite serious and you probably have to send the ecu to Wayne or the nearest dealer which are few and far between. Id send the connection module as well so they can test that all your devices are working correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A gentleman by the name of Wayne has e-mailed me back, so I suppose we'll see.

I sincerely hope that's not the solution - Digging out the ECU is the last thing that I want to be doing, and am definitely not confident doing it.

I should have never wasted the money on this thing, and just bought the cheaper, mechanical solution to cruise control instead.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 07:50 PM   #6

Old Jun 18th 2018, 09:54 PM   #7

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Tuneboy Help Request

In addition to a good battery charge, you must have a good and steady internet connection. I think this point is a bit lost in the directions.

Try that and see what happens.

Good luck

Last edited by AmpForE; Jun 19th 2018 at 03:41 AM.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 11:41 AM   #8

drivers for the Tuneboy module up to date?
you are using the usb cable between computer and module?
using the right Tune?
and yes internet connection too.

....im more surprised you got an email back from wayne.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 11:56 AM   #9

1. Charge bike overnight so good battery and leave on charge whilst doing flash.
2. Use the USB connection, not wifi.
3. Make sure WB-01 module is updated and use latest software here:

Mitsubishi-Software-Download | Tuneboy

Best to use Windows based laptop.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 12:45 PM   #10

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions!

Wayne came to the rescue. The program itself needed a unique update that he had to diagnose then send to me - Something to do with the ECU receiving too many signals at once, causing any type of flash to immediately crash (all outside of my scope of understanding).

Bike is back to working and now has the cruise control added to it!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
request, tuneboy