Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 18th 2018, 05:08 PM   #1

Another TuneBoy Cruise Control Nudge Button Issue :(

Hi Guys

Another TuneBoy cruise control question for the 1299. sorry for the long post, just want to be sure its all there so there is less tooing and frowing so to speak.

Originally I got the tune and cruise package from Wayne and flashed the ECU all good. Tune worked well and basic start button cruise worked well. I then got the trim file changed by a guy here on the dyno, all good, better tune and cruise control still in play as expected.

I then decided later to also get the nudge buttons from Wayne (the red and black ones) for more finesse control of the cruise control.

According to the documentation:

"The buttons allow the following extra function:

Cruise speed can be increased by pressing the up button, or decreased by pressing the down button (while cruise control is active).

If the cruise control is on but not active the nudge up button can be used to set the cruise.

If you have the nudge buttons selected the start button is only used to turn cruise on. It no longer acts as a set button."

I added the nudge buttons as per the instructions, installing the cable into the front 02 sensor and then attached to LH handlebar. I then fired up the TB software and connected to my PC. I opened the trim file software and waited for the connection to take place which it did, confirmed by seeing the data come down to the pc and double checked by twisting the throttle and watching the TPS value change on the trim table screen on the PC.

I then went to CONFIG MENU and ticked

Nudge buttons fitted with resume function

Then clicked ok and confirmed in bottom right that config updated.

Disconnected, turned off etc.

Then started bike and checked the CC was working by holding the start button in until the audible rev noise occurred. I then took it for a ride and proceeded to try and set the cruise with the nudge up button. Nothing happened, the bike just slowed down. I then tried the lower button and nothing and then finally the start button again out of desperation, still nothing. I turned bike off and tried to then turn cruise control on again with start button, nothing.

I then returned to my workshop and re-checked everything with the software again, all good:

Nudge buttons fitted with resume function

Is still ticked.

I then noticed in the options menu the was a SET NUDGE BUTTON function. So I proceeded to do that following instructions on the screen and managed to get the upper nudge button to register on the screen by clicking on it. All good I hoped, no more instructions appeared so I save and shut down and recheck CC operated.

CC turned on with start button and then went for a ride to test nudge buttons, again the same thing, nothing happened, the bike just slowed down. I then tried the lower button and nothing and then finally the start button again out of desperation, still nothing. I turned the bike off and tried to then turn cruise control on again with start button, nothing.

I have contacted Wayne a few times about this but as you know support is a bit sparse, am I missing something obvious here? I did ask whether an ECU reflash was needed, but was told no, just change the EPROM inputs simply with the trim file, which I did.

Any help really really appreciated guys, thanks in advance.

Old Jun 18th 2018, 05:39 PM   #2

I Ride: 1199s
Sounds like faulty buttons or the connector although you mentioned that you ran the nudge button detect feature in the software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Jun 18th 2018, 10:00 PM   #3

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Another TuneBoy Cruise Control Nudge Button Issue 😞

Understanding the menu selections in the software takes a little time. It took a bit for me to figure out when I had tuneboy software on my Triumph.

Last edited by AmpForE; Jun 19th 2018 at 03:46 AM.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
button, control, cruise, issue, nudge, tuneboy