Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree11Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 25th 2018, 02:00 PM   #1

Wheelie settings

Hi all set my wheelie setting from 5 to 3 but still can't lift the front do I have to change traction as well ?

Old Jun 25th 2018, 02:30 PM   #2

I Ride: 1299S
Originally Posted by Byron watch View Post
Hi all set my wheelie setting from 5 to 3 but still can't lift the front do I have to change traction as well ?
DWC
ducati wheelie control does not allow you to safely perform wheelies .

it limits how much or how fast the front end comes up , but it is not designed to hold the front wheel at a consistent distance from the ground and it could still cause the front end to come crashing down or the bike to loop backwards - if you were to try to use it in such fashion .

If I want to do a wheelie I have to turn the DWC off.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 02:53 PM   #3

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Mine is set to DWC 2 traction control is still at 3 I think or 2, I ride it in race mode. eBc is on 2
It power wheelies fukin beautifully and with ease in second and third with just a little crisp twist.

I find it easier to get it up driving up a hill fwiw
My bike is standard (apart from no water leaks any longer)

Whack it hard at say 5500rpm, and be ready to close it......report back
Old Jun 25th 2018, 06:04 PM   #4

I Ride: All of them
I've had mine set on 1 or 2 and when done right it will just float the front wheel an few inches above the pavement under hard acceleration. Abrupt snapping the throttle wheelies seem to confuse it or make it just cut the power.
Old Jun 25th 2018, 06:50 PM   #5

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Wheelie settings

At 5k practice hitting it slow, then gradually increases how much and fast you whack it. Be safe, cover the rear brake. If you start by lifting the front wheel a little that is good. Donít go fir the gusto, bit by bit, lift the front and hold it. Eventually you will get up to balance point.

Last edited by AmpForE; Jun 26th 2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 07:21 AM   #6

I Ride: 1299SA
I'd get on a dirt bike on a field and learn how to hoist the front using the clutch rather than just relying on twisting the throttle..

Having said that, it will loft the front easily in the first three gears just off the throttle with the DWC setting at 1-3 Try winding the power on faster rather than just feeding it in slowly, that should do it.

You could try setting the quick adjust button to manage the DWC and experiment with different settings.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 07:24 AM   #7

I Ride: 1299S
I am finding the term "Wheelie" is subjective

I was referring to an actual wheelie- not lifting the tire a few inches off the ground and letting you gently set it back down . the DWC will allow that especially between the shifts or cresting a hill or bridge.

My definition of an wheelie is lifting the bike to the balance point and holding it there. 9-12oclock
Thanks from ajctraveler
Old Jun 26th 2018, 11:47 AM   #8

I've shut everything off and let it rip. Just have to watch throttle input and cover the break like most bikes. Problem I have is the stupid electronic throttle can vary which makes it a bitch to hold.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 12:08 AM   #9

I Ride: KTM Duke R 1299 Pani YZF450 Saxon
Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
I am finding the term "Wheelie" is subjective

I was referring to an actual wheelie- not lifting the tire a few inches off the ground and letting you gently set it back down . the DWC will allow that especially between the shifts or cresting a hill or bridge.

My definition of an wheelie is lifting the bike to the balance point and holding it there. 9-12oclock
I'm with you on this, I just don't have the talent to do this with the Pani, when I was younger I was more talented or more stupid. Did it often with the R1 & Blade.
My piel styf moments are limited to short power wheelies but when I see a guy doing a full balance wheelie on a superbike I really give it the thumbs up.

Sadly in the society I live in this is seen as reckless and irresponsible, if only the non riding public knew what talent that type of riding takes!
Thanks from Macattack, MotoX183 and 1299rFE
Old Jun 27th 2018, 03:27 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Captain Greg View Post
I'm with you on this, I just don't have the talent to do this with the Pani, when I was younger I was more talented or more stupid. Did it often with the R1 & Blade.
My piel styf moments are limited to short power wheelies but when I see a guy doing a full balance wheelie on a superbike I really give it the thumbs up.

Sadly in the society I live in this is seen as reckless and irresponsible, if only the non riding public knew what talent that type of riding takes!
People here who don’t ride view simply riding a sportbike as reckless and irresponsible. They don’t realize the talent it takes to navigate a motorcycle through a field of squirrels and zombies who are driving cars.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
settings, wheelie