Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 6th 2018, 12:45 PM   #11

i lost a kickstand bolt once, lucky enough to catch the bike before tipping over. Should be able to tighten it, make sure it's aligned properly.

Old Jul 6th 2018, 09:41 PM   #12

I Ride: 2015 Panigale 1299
Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
Ah crap, sounds like where it's been loose and in use, on/off the stand, for some time the bolt would be moving in there and has worn/stripped the thread as Halo said........ thats not a part you can replace easily and it will be expensive as its an engine block/casing...... as you mentioned, can you look at the end of the bolt to see if it did shear and leave any in or is it intact?

Helicoil might..... MIGHT save you. Drill and re-tap for a slightly larger bolt?
Seems the threading is stripped inside and needs rethreading. I spoke to the service manager and explained that I told them last year when the bike was in for some other issues that both the warranty covered and also didnt that I was having an issue with the kickstand. The dealer had to remove the kickstand and remount my cnc rear sets that I mounted which caused some sort of issue with the shifter which messed up the race mode and other modes. No matter how many times I would switch modes it would only go into race mode and the abs dtc and other features wouldnt work. Once they fixed that and I got the bike back , the bike would run then sputter then shut off. Went back into the shop. and got it back a week later. Next day after I got it back sputtered again when I was riding it after 20 miles and shut off. Dealer picked it up again off the side of the road. Came to the conclusion my power commander v and auto tune were the issue. Once they removed it no more issues. A few months later my rapid bike was installed. No issues since installation. But when the bike went in the last time last year I mentioned the kickstand bolt was coming out. I thought they took care of it. Apparently they didnt and never put it into the work order. However a tech told them that I mentioned it. So the dealer contacted the ducati rep to let them know that this should have been covered when the bike was under warranty. So now they said they will take care of it. The least expensive way is to re-thread the inner or swap out the block. I think they will re-thread the inner since its the least expensive way to go. Kudos to my dealer for not fighting me on this. Granted I bought 4 bikes from them from 2014-2016 and now will not even hesitate buying a 5th bike from them. The new owners took over in 2014 and had a long road ahead of them to show customers and future customers that they werent going to be like the previous owner. This dealership went from 3rd world looking on the showroom floor to a modern looking dealership on long island. It will rival any NYC dealership. They have Ducati, Triumph, MV Agusta, BMW, Aprilia, Nortan, KTM, Piaggio, and Vespa. Great dealership to work with. They even reprogramed my BMW S1000R and S1000RR when I did my own service on them.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
bolt, kickstand, problem