Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree9Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 8th 2018, 05:07 PM   #21

I Ride: 2016 1299 S
Womp womp... the fuel pump is fine. Looks like I'll be calling Duc Pond on Monday.

Old Sep 9th 2018, 05:33 AM   #22

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Any way stick a length of hose on your newly exposed nipple and put into a bucket, snap it back into the tank. From there on, I'm not sure if it will siphon out or just be fine till the pump turns on.
For future reference, I got a replacement set of hoses to test with:
- attached the replacement hose to the tank
- put hose container
- hooked up the electronics
- turned key

The pump primed and squirted decent amount of gas into the container, when it was done with the prime, I turned off the key and the gas stopped flowing.

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone in the future.
Thanks from AaronJ
Old Sep 9th 2018, 12:39 PM   #23

I Ride: 2015 899 White
Thanks for the update, hope you get it sorted out!
Old Sep 26th 2018, 04:56 PM   #24

Bike is on it's way to Duc Pond... whatever the root cause is, I will post here in case it's helpful for others.
Thanks from DJ377 and AaronJ
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:02 PM   #25

I Ride: Panigale 1299 (base) Panigale 1199 sold, MultiPP&scrambler-sold,DVT multi 1200,use of MT09sp,gxsr750
Feel for you, what a pain, let’s hope it’s an easy cheap fix
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 03:59 PM   #26

UPDATE:

Duc Pond is a collection of amazingly nice & knowledgeable individuals. I have a new shop going forward.

They helped me get the bike to them for cheap, and they diagnosed AND FIXED the problem in 1 Master Ducati Technician hour.

Turns out DukeAti was right:

Originally Posted by DukeAti View Post
Considering you had damaged the throttle grip.. it may be the issue.

Here is why I think that to be the case..

- my bike was on the trailer with canyon dancers on it and tied down.
- i tried to start the bike to warm it up but it would crank but not start
- i loosened the tie down and thereby loosening the grip on the throttle..the bike started

I think if your throttle is "engaged" even slightly it won't let the bike start.

good luck.
The replacement throttle was reassembled incorrectly and the throttle was reading "13%" instead of 0% at rest. The Tech was able to take it apart, fix / calibrate it, and voila, the bike starts!

I'm hoping to get it back before the weekend so I can start putting everything back on it (shipped it naked).

Thanks to everyone here for the support. I hope this thread helps someone in a similar situation.

TL;DR for future readers:
If you've confirmed the bike is getting a spark, fuel, and air, and the throttle or wiring harness on the right side of the bike took damage, assume that the Fly By Wire is damaged or needs calibrating - it's a cheap fix that doesn't require you to take the entire bike apart!
Thanks from Halo2, 990Glen and DukeAti
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 04:31 PM   #27

Oh I long for simple days of actual throttle cables. I’m a bit divided on carbs, but getting a group of flatslide carbs dialed and and synched up leaves one with a feeling of accomplishment.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 05:32 PM   #28

I Ride: 2012 1199S
Originally Posted by RubberSideDown View Post
Duc Pond is a collection of amazingly nice & knowledgeable individuals. I have a new shop going forward.

They helped me get the bike to them for cheap, and they diagnosed AND FIXED the problem in 1 Master Ducati Technician hour.
glad you were able to get your bike taken care of relatively cheap and quickly, it's always nice to be up and going. so a bit o/t but maybe i'm missing something about transporting your disabled bike. i have ama and there are other services out there including your insurance company but who's paying to tow their bike; don't we all have some sort of cheap mechanical breakdown towing service (like aaa for bikes) to take care of a bike that won't start or when you get stuck in the boonies? i've never had to use it but am i missing something thinking i am adequately covered?
Old Oct 4th 2018, 03:03 PM   #29

Originally Posted by kensteele View Post
so a bit o/t but maybe i'm missing something about transporting your disabled bike.
My insurance wouldn't touch it in it's current state: wrecked on the track, trucked it home, disassembled it, tried to fix everything...

So no roadside would deal with it either.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 03:40 PM   #30

I Ride: Panigale 1299 (base) Panigale 1199 sold, MultiPP&scrambler-sold,DVT multi 1200,use of MT09sp,gxsr750
Sounds like you found a good workshop😍
Didnít exploit your inability to get the bike to them, nice ending.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299s, lowside, turn