Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 27th 2018, 08:17 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Prince Albert's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,138
Thanks: 1497

I Ride: 2013 1199S Tricolore, 2005 999S Track Bike
These offer good protection
Prince Albert is offline  
 
Old Aug 27th 2018, 09:33 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Detroit

Posts: 351
Thanks: 86

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Originally Posted by Mutt1979 View Post
Heat?


Stop it!
Thanks from Mutt1979
AmpForE is offline  
Old Aug 27th 2018, 09:49 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Detroit

Posts: 351
Thanks: 86

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Which pants or jeans (or whatever) to battle the 1299 heat?

Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
When you buy that bike with all the "aftermarket upgrades" tell the rest of us what they are. From the 6 years I have been on this forum I have not seen any heat solution. Airflow at speed and leathers is the only thing that works. IMHO.


Thatís somewhat disappointing. I too am finally getting around to heat mitigation and the problem is twofold.

Roasted nuts - heat from the engine vents up between the tank and seat. Block that gap and Iím betting the roasted nuts go away.

Thigh heat- when gripping the tank the subframe get really hot, and a pocket of air flows directly at you thighs. Open your legs an let air in between your knees and the bike and the hair dryer turns off. So if you can figure out a way to get airflow past the inside of your knees while you are gripping the tank, the thighs will appreciate the effort.

I added CF over the subframe, which solved the hot subframe issue, but it only made me hotter as now I can grip the tank with my knees non stop, I get the roasted nuts and hair dryer thighs non stop.

So who knows, Iím going to block the heat rising between the seat and tank. If that actually works I can deal with thigh heat, I think.

Last edited by AmpForE; Aug 28th 2018 at 02:16 AM.
AmpForE is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2018, 06:00 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 875
Thanks: 293

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by AmpForE View Post
Thatís somewhat disappointing. I too am finally getting around to heat mitigation and the problem is twofold.

Roasted nuts - heat from the engine vents up between the tank and seat. Block that gap and Iím betting the roasted nuts go away.

Thigh heat- when gripping the tank the subframe get really hot, and a pocket of air flows directly at you thighs. Open your legs an let air in between your knees and the bike and the hair dryer turns off. So if you can figure out a way to get airflow past the inside of your knees while you are gripping the tank, the thighs will appreciate the effort.

I added CF over the subframe, which solved the hot subframe issue, but it only made me hotter as now I can grip the tank with my knees non stop, I get the roasted nuts and hair dryer thighs non stop.

So who knows, Iím going to block the heat rising between the seat and tank. If that actually works I can deal with thigh heat, I think.
So are you wearing jeans when you have all these heat issues?
able duc is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2018, 05:20 AM   #15
Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Massachusetts

Posts: 78
Thanks: 29

Or you can do what I did to solve the heat problem. Sell or trade that thing as fast as possible. And try a V4 or 1198 I myself went with a 1098S Tri. Do i miss the rider aids sometimes. I brought a 1299 stock off a dude who put 1200 miles on the bike all it had was a tail tidy. Still had its chicken strips.
he was so desperate to unload it he practically gave it away to me. I was looking for hidden cameras to see if this was real when i was in his driveway. lol
I'll take the less HP and no electronics over sweating to death and roasting body parts. The 1199/1299 I just cant figure out how the factory felt the heat issues were acceptable. Crazy
Thanks from Veteran
Goshow1199 is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2018, 06:53 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2017
From: DC Swamp

Posts: 128
Thanks: 32

Get riding jeans, from Draggin, ReVit, or other places. They are made with extra layers at the hot spots and most have Kevlar there too. Regular jeans, that you wear everyday, will still get toasty.
DCPanni is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2018, 10:49 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Auburn ca

Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 359

I Ride: 13, white 1199 S, 10 Husaberg 450FE
Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
When you buy that bike with all the "aftermarket upgrades" tell the rest of us what they are. From the 6 years I have been on this forum I have not seen any heat solution. Airflow at speed and leathers is the only thing that works. IMHO.
I have had this handled for a long time.

Wrapped my under seat exhaust and when they switched to the larger CF heatshield for Termis, I did such. When my bike had the akro style short shield it was miserable.

Wrapping exhaust helps on 100F days and there is no problem unless I get stuck below 40 for 20 minutes, once the engine reaches 200 your going to bake dem nutz.

Thought about the larger racing radiator keeping fan, for my long trips, which would solve this issue in full.

So we do this 650 mile 2 day ride in Ca, and only riding around Clear Lake for 35 minutes does the bike get my ass too hot in Aug when its 100f out.
outhouse is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2018, 10:52 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2013
From: Auburn ca

Posts: 1,294
Thanks: 359

I Ride: 13, white 1199 S, 10 Husaberg 450FE
Originally Posted by Goshow1199 View Post
I just cant figure out how the factory felt the heat issues were acceptable. Crazy
Not made for city life. Not made for slow pokes. [not directed at you]

Living in the country where we can actually ride these things, most roads we have no issues keeping engine below the 200 range.
outhouse is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2018, 10:16 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: DMV

Posts: 5
Thanks: 1

I Ride: 2008 1098s / 2017 1299 90th anniv
Has anyone tried this??? https://motowheels.com/i-23899989-du...9-899-959.html
goesto11 is offline  
Old Aug 31st 2018, 02:26 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: Detroit

Posts: 351
Thanks: 86

I Ride: 2016 Ducati Panigale 1299 S
Originally Posted by able duc View Post
So are you wearing jeans when you have all these heat issues?


Yes, I reserve my leather track suit for track days. Look at the bikes Iíve owned in my signature. I own two pair of riding jeans and the result is always the same. The moment I added the CF subframe covers the heat really became an issue cause now I grip the tank. Before the subframe was so dam hot I kept my legs open and the air flow kept the heat down.

Anyway, I think itís fixable, I hope. If not Iím gonna have to move on.
AmpForE is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, battle, heat, jeans, pants



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1299 heat improvement duckyduc Mechanical and Technical 19 Jun 15th 2015 06:51 AM
1299 Heat Shields Badlarry Ducati 1199 9 May 10th 2015 08:10 AM
the battle rages on...1199 vs S1000 vs R1 Ljuice26 Ride Reports 3 Oct 14th 2014 07:37 PM
Nordic Battle of the Twins BowHunter Racing 7 Aug 12th 2013 11:00 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed