Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree12Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 13th 2018, 04:41 AM   #31

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by wilkson View Post
I would love to know if anyone is outriding a standard Ducati Superbike especially from the last five years . If so you have my respect .
Other than standard Sachs rear shock they are shit
Thanks mate,
Appreciate the respect factor ))

But yeah the Sachs is a little slow on the uptake, I had a kit put into the 1199 shock I had on my 959 and was was good until I went silly spending money, that I really didnít need to.

Old Sep 13th 2018, 08:42 PM   #32

Originally Posted by able duc View Post
Thanks mate,
Appreciate the respect factor ))

But yeah the Sachs is a little slow on the uptake, I had a kit put into the 1199 shock I had on my 959 and was was good until I went silly spending money, that I really didnít need to.
Easy fella wasnít directed at you . Just a general comment based on must have upgraded .
Old Sep 13th 2018, 09:09 PM   #33

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Oh OK then (
Old Sep 14th 2018, 10:52 AM   #34

I agree that most owners will not be able to max out a standard Panigale to full potential.

But if you spend a little money to get yourself a little more comfortable and a little more confident, therefore increasing max utilization from 50% to 60%.

Anything that gets more smiles and less sore ass is money well spend.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 03:44 PM   #35

Funny you guys mention the rear shock, i'm eyeing off the Ohlins GP TX shock (DU466).

The rear end gets a little busy and wallows out of turns. TC on 3.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 03:53 PM   #36

Originally Posted by JoshDuc View Post
Funny you guys mention the rear shock, i'm eyeing off the Ohlins GP TX shock (DU466).

The rear end gets a little busy and wallows out of turns. TC on 3.
I just swapped out the rear on the V4 to a Ohlins GP TTX DU 468 made the world of difference was pushing out too wide on exits . Got this thing dialled in now .
Old Sep 16th 2018, 04:41 PM   #37

I just swapped out the rear on the V4 to a Ohlins GP TTX DU 468 made the world of difference was pushing out too wide on exits . Got this thing dialled in now .
interesting, i just spoke to one of the suspension guys from SMSP and he said my setup would definitely be out of balance front/back.

So what order do i do things? Shock then wheels or wheels then shock? Or... both at the same time. Doesnt the wheels influence the suspension settings?
Old Sep 16th 2018, 04:56 PM   #38

interesting, i just spoke to one of the suspension guys from SMSP and he said my setup would definitely be out of balance front/back.

So what order do i do things? Shock then wheels or wheels then shock? Or... both at the same time. Doesnt the wheels influence the suspension settings?
The wheels will make FA difference to your suspension setting . Your choice I would go for rear shock first .What did he mean by out of balance ?
Get a new rear shock set the bike up with some base sags and see what it does and go from there .
Old Sep 16th 2018, 05:10 PM   #39

The wheels will make FA difference to your suspension setting . Your choice I would go for rear shock first .What did he mean by out of balance ?
Get a new rear shock set the bike up with some base sags and see what it does and go from there .
Perfect, thanks mate, appreciated!

The front and rear will be out of whack after installing my FGRT forks, words from one of ASBK's best. It feels like i have to baby it a little at the track otherwise she gets a little buck wild. I'm mid-pack fast group.

re wheels: I heard someone say that lighter wheels stuff around with suspension settings. Maybe just a wives tale.

I'll go the shock route first. Always one for a properly setup machine for weight and skill.

Last edited by JoshDuc; Sep 16th 2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 06:22 PM   #40

Perfect, thanks mate, appreciated!

The front and rear will be out of whack after installing my FGRT forks, words from one of ASBK's best. It feels like i have to baby it a little at the track otherwise she gets a little buck wild. I'm mid-pack fast group.

re wheels: I heard someone say that lighter wheels stuff around with suspension settings. Maybe just a wives tale.

I'll go the shock route first. Always one for a properly setup machine for weight and skill.
Got it . I did not realise you were swapping out your forks

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
alu, forged, mag, wheels

« 1299 | carbon fibre »