Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By RubberSideDown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 14th 2018, 06:29 PM   #1

Front stand?

So I have an older pit bull fork stand that Iíve been using on the 1299s but have been having issues with it not lifting the front reliably. It just doesnít seem to fit under the legs with the radial bottoms very well and if the ground is uneven the bike will slip off the stand. So I am looking to replace it. Iíve been happy with the pit bull products but have found them to be pretty heavy and would prefer a lighter stand. Do you guys have any recommendations? I run tire warmers for track days so it needs to be easy to use/ not cumbersome. Otherwise can be a fork lift or steering stem lift stand.

Old Sep 15th 2018, 12:58 PM   #2

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by Domino View Post
So I have an older pit bull fork stand that I’ve been using on the 1299s but have been having issues with it not lifting the front reliably. It just doesn’t seem to fit under the legs with the radial bottoms very well and if the ground is uneven the bike will slip off the stand. So I am looking to replace it. I’ve been happy with the pit bull products but have found them to be pretty heavy and would prefer a lighter stand. Do you guys have any recommendations? I run tire warmers for track days so it needs to be easy to use/ not cumbersome. Otherwise can be a fork lift or steering stem lift stand.
why dont you get or add Pitbull Triple lifter.

I have a Pitbull stand can do both and recently, like you, it was not stable because of different forks, it even dropped on to wheel once because of uneven pavement. I now only lift with triple pin.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 05:20 PM   #3

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
why dont you get or add Pitbull Triple lifter.

I have a Pitbull stand can do both and recently, like you, it was not stable because of different forks, it even dropped on to wheel once because of uneven pavement. I now only lift with triple pin.
My front is an older model and wonít support the hybrid front. I did watch pit bulls video and they recommended lifting from the radial mount instead of directly under the leg. I will try that but I am leaning towards the woodcraft headlift stand.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 06:34 PM   #4

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfighter 1098S
Have you considered a Bursig? Not very light, but it's on wheels and lifts the bike off the ground in seconds. If I'm not on my bike, it's usually in the air on the Bursig.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 06:40 PM   #5

Originally Posted by stealthblack View Post
Have you considered a Bursig? Not very light, but it's on wheels and lifts the bike off the ground in seconds. If I'm not on my bike, it's usually in the air on the Bursig.
Itís more for at the track, change wheels, tire warmers etc.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 06:48 PM   #6

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfighter 1098S
Bursig is GREAT for the track!

Itís more for at the track, change wheels, tire warmers etc.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 03:00 AM   #7

I Ride: 2016 1299 Panigale
I Love my Moto D front Stand. I pop the Little front plug out by the horn, put the pin in and lift her right up
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 03:51 PM   #8

I Ride: 2016 1299 S
I second the Moto D stands. I have front & rear; they do exactly as advertised.
Thanks from jackgraves
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 07:24 PM   #9

I have been in the same situation for last 15 years have had shit loads of Pit Bull stands and finally made the switch over to all the Lightech stands.

So I have an older pit bull fork stand that Iíve been using on the 1299s but have been having issues with it not lifting the front reliably. It just doesnít seem to fit under the legs with the radial bottoms very well and if the ground is uneven the bike will slip off the stand. So I am looking to replace it. Iíve been happy with the pit bull products but have found them to be pretty heavy and would prefer a lighter stand. Do you guys have any recommendations? I run tire warmers for track days so it needs to be easy to use/ not cumbersome. Otherwise can be a fork lift or steering stem lift stand.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 01:03 AM   #10

I Ride: '16 Pani R, 1098R Bayliss, KTM1090R.
The DP stand is perfect for simple use at the track.
If you want something a little nicer which allows fork removal then a hand made
Gee Tech stand is the way to go.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
front, stand