Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree103Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 11th 2018, 06:28 PM   #121

Search vandemon ducati in google n look at the pics. My spring is on the inside.

Old Nov 11th 2018, 06:34 PM   #122

I Ride: 2016 1299 Panigale
Send me a picture of please
Originally Posted by Twisted10 View Post
Search vandemon ducati in google n look at the pics. My spring is on the inside.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old Nov 11th 2018, 06:34 PM   #123

Because I kind of don't understand
Originally Posted by jackgraves View Post
Send me a picture of please

Old Nov 11th 2018, 07:34 PM   #124

I Ride: 1299s, Multi Pikes Peak, 996 Foggy Edition, Hyper 950 SP
Thoughts Vandemon Exhaust

Mine is the same as yours Jack. Spring on the outside.
Thanks from jackgraves and Twisted10
Old Nov 11th 2018, 07:37 PM   #125

Thanks. I guess the Batches of these exhaust vary just slightly. One word of Advice. Drill and safety wire your O2 plugs together. One of mine came out on my vacation trip. That way even if they loosen up they won't be able to work themselves all the way Loose
Originally Posted by Moondognyc View Post
Mine is the same as yours Jack. Spring on the outside.
Old Dec 24th 2018, 05:49 AM   #126

Hi All,

I though I’ll add my two bobs to this thread regarding the Vandemon Exhaust for a Panigale 1299S.

Initially I was looking to add an Akrapovic slip on, and called around and got some prices. ☹

I discovered this thread and decided on the Vandemon Exhaust. Michael at Vandemon was extremely easy to deal with and answered all my emails. Vandemon even notified when the courier failed to pick up the exhaust, and it will be a day late.

The exhaust has been delivered a week after the order was placed, which I thought was really efficient. I opened the package and was blown away with the quality built into the manufacture of the Vandemon exhaust.

The Vandemon exhaust weighed 5.8 kg total, while stock exhaust weighed 10.9 kg. The welds on the stock exhaust seems as though persons with impaired vision did the welding, a complete contrast to Vandemon exhaust which has welds performed using the TIG process being purged with Argon gas. The welds on the Vandemon exhaust add to the aesthetics of the Panigale 1299.

The Vandemon exhaust was easier to fit than the stock exhaust was to remove.

An exhaust such as this will require tuning, so I decided to go with TuneBoy. The TuneBoy integrated well with the system which was what I was after as I did not want to go down the road of the piggy back ECU. I loaded the full Akrapovic fuel map and three Trim files.

I had a ride this afternoon trying out different trim files, I had multiple ear drum orgasms listening to that Vandemon. The TuneBoy is performing as expected, all that down low fluffiness and the torque dip at 5500 rpm are all gone.

I am really happy now with my set up, both Vandemon exhaust and the TuneBoy are excellent products.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 08:19 PM   #127

I Ride: 1199 Panigale R
Originally Posted by Superquadro 1299 View Post
Hi All,

I though Iíll add my two bobs to this thread regarding the Vandemon Exhaust for a Panigale 1299S.

Initially I was looking to add an Akrapovic slip on, and called around and got some prices. ☹

I discovered this thread and decided on the Vandemon Exhaust. Michael at Vandemon was extremely easy to deal with and answered all my emails. Vandemon even notified when the courier failed to pick up the exhaust, and it will be a day late.

The exhaust has been delivered a week after the order was placed, which I thought was really efficient. I opened the package and was blown away with the quality built into the manufacture of the Vandemon exhaust.

The Vandemon exhaust weighed 5.8 kg total, while stock exhaust weighed 10.9 kg. The welds on the stock exhaust seems as though persons with impaired vision did the welding, a complete contrast to Vandemon exhaust which has welds performed using the TIG process being purged with Argon gas. The welds on the Vandemon exhaust add to the aesthetics of the Panigale 1299.

The Vandemon exhaust was easier to fit than the stock exhaust was to remove.

An exhaust such as this will require tuning, so I decided to go with TuneBoy. The TuneBoy integrated well with the system which was what I was after as I did not want to go down the road of the piggy back ECU. I loaded the full Akrapovic fuel map and three Trim files.

I had a ride this afternoon trying out different trim files, I had multiple ear drum orgasms listening to that Vandemon. The TuneBoy is performing as expected, all that down low fluffiness and the torque dip at 5500 rpm are all gone.

I am really happy now with my set up, both Vandemon exhaust and the TuneBoy are excellent products.
Hi there. I seriously considering this system for my 1199R. Can you please give me more details about what you did for the fuel mapping. THere a couple tuneboy kits available and I want to make sure I am getting the right thing. THanks!
Old Nov 6th 2019, 03:41 AM   #128

G’day mrjonnylee,

For fuelling I purchased the Tuneboy Tuning only flash. With this I received a link for downloading the fuel maps for different set ups for the Panigale. I described to Wayne the exhaust and he recommended the full akrapovic fuel map that he developed for the Panigale 1299.

I then followed the instructions and flashed the ECU. You will need a full, strong battery for this. I had disconnected the cooling fan as this runs whiles flashing the ECU. Also I had connected the battery tether to keep the battery charged while being flashed. The bikes dash does go a bit hay wire with lights flashes but once done it all goes back to normal.

I did flash a few trim files which I tried one at a time. I settle for the trim file that gave me the best drive at 3000 rpm without being jerky, and provided smooth acceleration way beyond 6000 rpm in 6th gear. The flat spot which all Panigale 1299 suffer from at 5500 rpm had disappeared and I am pretty happy with the linear feel of the throttle now.

The objective for my set up was never more power but rather a throaty sounding exhaust and smooth linear drive which I now have.

I hope this helps you.

Superquadro 1299
Thanks from mrjonnylee
Old Nov 6th 2019, 08:22 PM   #129

I Ride: 1199 Panigale R
I'm assuming the passenger peg mounting holes on the stock subframe are crucial for mounting this system? Are you still using the stock subframe? Im also considering the motoholders subframe but will likely need modifications.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 12:21 AM   #130

You are correct in both cases. I still use the stock subframe and the pillion foot peg holes is where the mounting bracket is fixed to.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
exhaust, thoughts, vandemon

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.