Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree6Thanks
  • 1 Post By hairball
  • 1 Post By jackgraves
  • 1 Post By hairball
  • 1 Post By able duc
  • 1 Post By hairball
  • 1 Post By BadBoyBeltran
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 7th 2018, 03:43 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: leicestershire

Posts: 7
Thanks: 4

help c n c carbon heat shield

hi i can not find any vids of how to fit my carbon cnc exhaust shield do i have to strip the whole rear end down etc?please help ive got no instructions vids would be nice ive searched everywhere thanks in advance
hairball is offline  
 
Old Oct 7th 2018, 03:45 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
jackgraves's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: United States

Posts: 166
Thanks: 38

I Ride: 2016 1299 Panigale
Is it just to replace stock heat shield. What model bike are you replacing this on?????
Originally Posted by hairball View Post
hi i can not find any vids of how to fit my carbon cnc exhaust shield do i have to strip the whole rear end down etc?please help ive got no instructions vids would be nice ive searched everywhere thanks in advance
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
jackgraves is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2018, 05:38 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: leicestershire

Posts: 7
Thanks: 4

Originally Posted by jackgraves View Post
Is it just to replace stock heat shield. What model bike are you replacing this on?????

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
hi jack yes replace plastic scrap for carbon thought it was obvious what bike as i posted in 1299 section but its a 1299 lol just incase ,but ive done it now found this thred https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/thread...rom-home.9346/
thanks to him ive done it know quite easy
Thanks from jackgraves
hairball is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2018, 06:09 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
jackgraves's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: United States

Posts: 166
Thanks: 38

I Ride: 2016 1299 Panigale
Sweetness Good Job
Originally Posted by hairball View Post
hi jack yes replace plastic scrap for carbon thought it was obvious what bike as i posted in 1299 section but its a 1299 lol just incase ,but ive done it now found this thred https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/thread...rom-home.9346/
thanks to him ive done it know quite easy
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks from hairball
jackgraves is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2018, 02:56 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: leicestershire

Posts: 7
Thanks: 4

im in a pickle do i fit the standard metal guard thats under the plastic heat shield to the new carbon one ?the carbon one has all the holes etc to fit the metal shield to it
Thanks from jackgraves
hairball is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2018, 03:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
jackgraves's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: United States

Posts: 166
Thanks: 38

I Ride: 2016 1299 Panigale
Not sure my new heat shield is right on top of exhaust with no metal under the carbon guard

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
jackgraves is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2018, 03:05 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 913
Thanks: 300

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
yeah just the carbon, ditch the metal.
Not that I would know, just sayin.
Thanks from jackgraves
able duc is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2018, 05:41 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: leicestershire

Posts: 7
Thanks: 4

just been in touch with c n c and its designed to replace the plastic cover and you should fit the metal heat protection aswell so there you go from the people that make it thanks all
Thanks from able duc
hairball is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2018, 01:22 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Chicago, IL

Posts: 1,107
Thanks: 238

Looks great!

Ya if it came with the metal under the carbon. I'd make sure you put that in, since it will help dissipate the heat and keep it off under the seat. It''ll prevent the carbon from fading faster as well.

Speaking of, how's the heat under the seat/behind the legs with the Vandemon?


Originally Posted by jackgraves View Post
Not sure my new heat shield is right on top of exhaust with no metal under the carbon guard

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Thanks from jackgraves
BadBoyBeltran is offline  
Old Oct 8th 2018, 02:15 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
jackgraves's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
From: United States

Posts: 166
Thanks: 38

I Ride: 2016 1299 Panigale
Not Sure ECU gets back to me tomorrow. It had to be programmed for a Full System Exhaust now
Originally Posted by BadBoyBeltran View Post
Looks great!

Ya if it came with the metal under the carbon. I'd make sure you put that in, since it will help dissipate the heat and keep it off under the seat. It''ll prevent the carbon from fading faster as well.

Speaking of, how's the heat under the seat/behind the legs with the Vandemon?
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
jackgraves is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
carbon, heat, shield



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: (BRAND NEW) DP3 Carbon Heat Shield roadracerx Classifieds 0 Jul 15th 2017 07:49 AM
For Sale: DP rear carbon fender, DP carbon heat shield gswift Classifieds 9 Jul 29th 2014 01:47 PM
For Sale: New Carbon Heat Shield AntiHero Classifieds 6 Jun 17th 2014 04:22 PM
Carbon heat shield pre update anyone? PanigaleR Ducati 1199 6 Jan 22nd 2014 06:24 PM
Termi Carbon heat shield akalapovic Ducati 1199 2 Jun 17th 2012 04:58 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed