Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree92Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 31st 2019, 11:22 PM   #91

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
Interesting. May I ask your height? And inseam? I have the extension seat combo (havenít tried it) but Iíve found out that I actually prefer lower seat. R seat vs comfort seat height. I even shaved R seat to make it even lower.
Sure. I'm 6 feet tall with about a 33 inch inseam.

That's interesting to hear your preference. I had the DP race seat from when I had my 899 and always preferred the 'on the bike' feel it gave me. But it certainly came with the drawback of having less tank area to grip/brace against especially on braking.

Also I have my DP rearsets on the highest setting, and a low seat makes the fit a little too tight for me. Maybe I should think about dropping the rearsets down and seeing how that goes...

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
vyruz two things that can help you. Move your rearsets back a bit. Thisíll help you stay forward with less effort. For the seat add foam pads to the front of the seat cowl to control how far back you can slide.
I personally donít like being positioned back on the seat as the front gets to light.
Thanks Twisted. I appreciate the suggestions. I'll give the rearsets adjustment a go. I've also got a plan for a custom seat and will post my experience once that happens.

Totally agree about not liking sitting far back and getting the front light. I was at a new track last week (will post pictures and details shortly) and it had slightly undulating straights and man it was horrible trying to pin the throttle while being sat all the way back and hoping the front plays ball.
Thanks from Twistedracer

Old Feb 1st 2019, 05:21 AM   #92

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
Sure. I'm 6 feet tall with about a 33 inch inseam.

That's interesting to hear your preference. I had the DP race seat from when I had my 899 and always preferred the 'on the bike' feel it gave me. But it certainly came with the drawback of having less tank area to grip/brace against especially on braking.

Also I have my DP rearsets on the highest setting, and a low seat makes the fit a little too tight for me. Maybe I should think about dropping the rearsets down and seeing how that goes...

Thanks Twisted. I appreciate the suggestions. I'll give the rearsets adjustment a go. I've also got a plan for a custom seat and will post my experience once that happens.

Totally agree about not liking sitting far back and getting the front light. I was at a new track last week (will post pictures and details shortly) and it had slightly undulating straights and man it was horrible trying to pin the throttle while being sat all the way back and hoping the front plays ball.
that makes sense. I was guessing you're a taller guy than me. I'm about 5'8 and 29-30 inseam. I have my rearset on highest and most forward positions. I find it when i have lowest or farther back setting, I cant get to optimal BP and have tendency to cross body during lean. I like it more compact and have knees high.

I think if you get a oversize tank, it could solve your issue.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Feb 6th 2019, 10:49 PM   #93

New Lines and Another Trackday

As is tradition now, I got my bike an unnecessary present after the last trackday went by without any major issues. Looking for anything that would provide at least a little functionality, I went with new Venhill brake lines with quick disconnects paired with Stahlbus bleeder valves. I was inspired by the same bleeder valves used on the HP4 Race. Better pictures will follow!

Another trackday rolled on about a week later and the new brake lines were given a proper shakedown. Luckily nothing to report other than everything worked as it should!

Thanks from youngR and Twistedracer
Old Feb 11th 2019, 10:55 PM   #94

SL Wheels? Sure why not!

An opportunity presented itself to me to get take-off SL wheels and I went for it! I found a buyer for my black M9RS wheels (which are identical to the SL wheels) quickly enough and was happy I pulled the trigger.

Old Feb 12th 2019, 11:04 AM   #95

Originally Posted by vyruz View Post

Cut the cable ties better and fold the end of he braid shelve back inside itself or get some heat shrink to tidy up the end so it looks as high standard as the rest of your bike.
Thanks from vyruz and Benocehcap
Old Feb 12th 2019, 07:21 PM   #96

WOW! I love this build! Magnificent bike my friend. Idk what i am more jealous of, your bike or that you get to ride Sepang.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Thanks from vyruz
Old Feb 13th 2019, 02:20 PM   #97

I Ride: 1199s Tricolore
Panigale Perfection
Thanks from vyruz
Old Feb 15th 2019, 11:45 PM   #98

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Nice looking wheels. What is the braid made of on your brake line ?
Old Feb 18th 2019, 10:33 PM   #99

Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
Nice looking wheels. What is the braid made of on your brake line ?
Thanks Brad mate. They're Venhill braided lines. I understand they are made up of a Teflon tube covered in stainless steel braiding and a clear PVC outer sleeve.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2015, build, panigale