Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree105Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5th 2019, 11:57 PM   #101

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
Could you tell me more about your bleeder? Iíve never seen that before
Sure thing. The bleeder is from Stahlbus (link here). I first noticed it on the BMW HP4 Race (image below).

It's basically a cleaner looking bleeder that comes with the functional advantage that it prevents bled fluid from returning back into the system using a check valve.

Thanks from Twistedracer

Old May 6th 2019, 12:15 AM   #102

Moarrr brakes

I sold my billet brake master to a friend and decided to go with the full fat GP 19x18 master cylinder (aka the XA7G7G0). The billet master was a 19x20, which was amazing for street use but I was not a fan of the immediate bite and not-great feel on track (feel for me = more lever travel and a more linear relation between level travel and progressiveness of the braking force). The 19x20 for me gave a lot of brakes at the start of travel (which sometimes upset the bike and me!) and it didn't gradually grow with more gradual pressure, so trail braking was nerve-wracking.

As with many things, one mod can necessitate another and so it was with this. The lever shape meant that the BSD start switch had to be moved inward toward the triple clamp and was not in easy reach. I ended up selling the BSD switch and going for the JetPrime switch+billet throttle housing combination, which worked perfectly.

With the new master installed, it was off to a new track to test! This was an amazing opportunity so I'll have another post with more pictures, but suffice to say I love the new master cylinder. The only thing that has not been solved is brake fade, but I think this is going to be an issue for as long as I run ABS.

Old May 6th 2019, 03:52 AM   #103

One thing you can do is to run bleed nipples on the front ABS unit lines. I found air getting blocked inside the ABS unit, plus the fade caused by heat from the engine not helping things, partially improved just by placing a heat shield behind the ABS unit.
The bleed nipples on the ABS unit allow full bleeding of the brakes, and in a 24 hour race, not having to bleed the brakes after a couple of hours is a great thing....
Brembo Z03 endurance pads are awesome, too, with RBF660 fluid.
I should have some photos of the set-up I made for the endurance bikes around somewhere.
The bike looks awesome.
Old May 6th 2019, 07:42 AM   #104

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by Blue Guy View Post
I should have some photos of the set-up I made for the endurance bikes around somewhere.
That would be cool.
Old May 6th 2019, 02:46 PM   #105

I Ride: 2012 1199S - 2006 Husaberg 450E BMW K1300S 1978 Ducati 900SSD
Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
Sure thing. The bleeder is from Stahlbus (link here). I first noticed it on the BMW HP4 Race (image below).

It's basically a cleaner looking bleeder that comes with the functional advantage that it prevents bled fluid from returning back into the system using a check valve.

I have those bleeders as well. Gecko put me onto them.
Thanks from vyruz
Old May 6th 2019, 07:52 PM   #106

I Ride: 2017 Suzuki GSXR-1000 : 2019 Ducati V4R
What size Stahlbus bleeder valve did you get?
Old May 13th 2019, 12:31 AM   #107

Originally Posted by Blue Guy View Post
One thing you can do is to run bleed nipples on the front ABS unit lines. I found air getting blocked inside the ABS unit, plus the fade caused by heat from the engine not helping things, partially improved just by placing a heat shield behind the ABS unit.
The bleed nipples on the ABS unit allow full bleeding of the brakes, and in a 24 hour race, not having to bleed the brakes after a couple of hours is a great thing....
Brembo Z03 endurance pads are awesome, too, with RBF660 fluid.
The bike looks awesome.
Thanks! Excellent suggestion I'm going to try that before the next trackday in a few weeks. If you have pictures to share, please do!

Originally Posted by shigeru View Post
What size Stahlbus bleeder valve did you get?
I seem to have deleted my old emails and now can't find the various sizes, but I did have to order different ones depending on where they went. I remember emailing them directly and they were helpful (info@stahlbus.de).
Old May 13th 2019, 12:39 AM   #108

Trackday at Chang International Circuit, Buriram, Thailand

This was special. The track was easy to learn and very forgiving (most run offs had a good bit of concrete before gravel started, and the rumble strips were grippy too). The weather was great (19C or 66F), and given the cost and inconveniences with getting there, it was not busy. The track surroundings were also beautiful and neatly appointed.

Thanks from youngR and GunMoto
Old May 14th 2019, 12:25 AM   #109

Ducati Thailand did everything to ship your bike to CHANG?
I plan to ship my 1299s to Sepang, from Hong Kong, later this year. It would be great to join the next track day in Chang.
Old May 14th 2019, 12:58 AM   #110

Originally Posted by Vcchanivan View Post
Ducati Thailand did everything to ship your bike to CHANG?
I plan to ship my 1299s to Sepang, from Hong Kong, later this year. It would be great to join the next track day in Chang.
My boss has brought 3 x ducati R's (as is waiting for his V4R) in Thailand. They offered him a demo bike for a track day cause his main race R was here in Australia.

Australia cant even get a email reply.......

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2015, build, panigale