Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree33Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 30th 2018, 09:59 AM   #11

I Ride: 1299 SL
Nice little read. I have a Pani R as well - amazing bike !

Old Oct 30th 2018, 12:59 PM   #12

[QUOTE=vyruz;323638]First issues

Metal Water pump gears? That an R only thing?
Old Oct 30th 2018, 10:58 PM   #13

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
which track you heading to? Sepang?
Yes Sepang The only other one I've been to is the old Pasir Gudang track in Johor, which is great little track but it's in disrepair and I think closed now. Sepang is in a different league. The surface, which was fairly recently re-done, is amazing and the track itself is spacious.

Originally Posted by Methd View Post
Nice little read. I have a Pani R as well - amazing bike !
Thanks mate! I couldn't agree more.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 11:21 PM   #14

New drivetrain installed and Tyga goodies

I tried posting this yesterday but for some reason it didn't go through. Hoping it doesn't double post.

The AEM rear sprocket set up is now on with a new DID 525 chain. Safety wiring to be done later, but for now the old rusty corroded bits are gone.

While she was in, titanium fasteners and a CNC alternator guard went on as well.

Not really part of the build, but I ended up getting a Tyga Performance bike cover after positive experiences with the same cover for my Aprilia Tuono. It is a bargain for what it is (around US$40 but shipping is not cheap). I had the DP graphic indoor bike cover before - that fit the 899 like a glove but I struggled with it on the R and its mirrors. The Tyga one went on and off way easier.

I also ended up getting Tyga's carbon parking brake. It's a nice piece of carbon for US$28 and helps when you want to have your lever pulled back overnight to get rid of air in the lines.

Old Oct 30th 2018, 11:46 PM   #15

First Track Outing

I had promised myself that I'd take the R to Sepang once I had her, so I did but man was I nervous about the whole thing. I hadn't been to Sepang before and had only a handful of trackdays previously on a smaller circuit on the 899.

Once the nerves had settled after the first session, I started to enjoy getting to know the bike better. She was not the fire-breathing monster I was fearing. It was very manageable and confidence-inspiring. That said, opening the throttle to the stop down the straights was still scary.

I came away with better detailed notes for the track, and a lot of things I wanted to improve (e.g. body position, breathing, vision etc). It's true what people say about exaggerating your body position - when you're on track, you think you've done it but it's not until you've seen trackside photos that reality hits.

Old Oct 31st 2018, 12:56 AM   #16

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Nice
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks from vyruz
Old Oct 31st 2018, 02:11 AM   #17

Hi Raj! ��
Thanks from vyruz
Old Oct 31st 2018, 10:34 PM   #18

I Ride: 1299 SL
Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
Yes Sepang The only other one I've been to is the old Pasir Gudang track in Johor, which is great little track but it's in disrepair and I think closed now. Sepang is in a different league. The surface, which was fairly recently re-done, is amazing and the track itself is spacious.

Thanks mate! I couldn't agree more.
If you're ever down Perth way, let me know and we can go for a ride. I'll take you on some really nice roads around here
Thanks from vyruz
Old Nov 1st 2018, 03:42 AM   #19

Post-track clean and more issues

Having got through Sepang and feeling good about the bike, I thought she deserved a couple of small gifts. So on went:

1. A lightweight aluminium racing front axle from MVS Performance in Germany. The actual grams saved isn't much. It is, however, 50% lighter than the stock unit (187g vs 376g) and, being unsprung weight, is a good place to drop weight.

2. Titanium rear subframe bolts from Podium Racing

Then it was a clean and photo session in the carpark downstairs. Sorry for the unreasonable number of photos

I felt great until I noticed the right fork now leaking (was the left previously).

Thanks from Phl and Twistedracer

Last edited by vyruz; Nov 1st 2018 at 03:42 AM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 1st 2018, 02:45 PM   #20

I Ride: 1299S
Hey Vyruz, a wonderful build man, keep the pics coming! I really enjoyed your 899 build thread over at the 899 forums as well.
Thanks from vyruz

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2015, build, panigale