Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree38Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 8th 2018, 12:39 PM   #41

The Big Haul - Part 2(b)

3. Sprint P08 R127S Filter - The R comes with a Sprint P08 filter stock, but this one is just a little bit more special. The carbon frame used is much thinner than the usual P08 filter, which increases the filter surface by 210%. I bought this from Motomillion.

4. Spider shock support - I previously purchased the Sato shock support when I had my 899, but I wanted a more incognito look, which the Spider unit is perfect for. It was used in WSBK by the Barni team. I believe Ducati rectified the old failed shock support bolts, but for peace of mind, I thought I'd go for this unit. Purchased from Desmo Racing (link)

5. Translogic shifter - Knowing now that the mushy shifter feel (as compared to my BlipBox unit on the 899) was down to the shifter mechanism, I decided it was time to get a proper strain gauge shifter.

6. Ohlins titanium TTX shock spring - No reasonable reason for this. The Íhlins dealer here could source this for me, so I had to pull the trigger. Good enough for the SL, good enough for me

7. More titanium bolts, including Phil's titanium valve cover bolts - These are well-known in the forum and are the perfect solution/preventative measure for leaky valve covers since these bolts can be safety wired.

Thanks from youngR and Twistedracer

Old Nov 11th 2018, 10:50 PM   #42

Trackday with the new parts went great.

I like the further-back sitting position with the extender in place, but I should have given more thought to the seat height. I didn't specify to Race Seats that I wanted to keep the DP race seat height, so the Race Seats one felt a little too low. The painter did a standup job matching the red and getting the silver to look brushed.

One the way back, I got a killer deal on a new set of Marchesini M9RS forged magnesium wheels (the 1199SL wheels in matte black), so this went on as well.

Thanks from youngR and Twistedracer
Old Nov 12th 2018, 01:04 AM   #43

Beautifull bikes
Old Nov 12th 2018, 01:42 PM   #44

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Love it
Old Nov 13th 2018, 03:03 PM   #45

vyruz:
What was your impression of the Translogic quickshifter?
Old Nov 14th 2018, 05:37 AM   #46

Toss your oem one in the trash get a Translogic you will never turn back. Less miss shifts, easier shifting and more precise. I told at least dozen people to purchase one and once they did same impression.

Originally Posted by JSR29 View Post
vyruz:
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Nov 14th 2018, 05:51 AM   #47

Be curious to see what the offset/geometry is on that Spider shock mount. Few people in the US including myself been running the Desmo Veloce setup from Richard Boyd. All cnc machined totally different shock setup with smaller/shorter spring different shock eye works well gives more feedback to the rider.

4. Spider shock support - I previously purchased the Sato shock support when I had my 899, but I wanted a more incognito look, which the Spider unit is perfect for. It was used in WSBK by the Barni team. I believe Ducati rectified the old failed shock support bolts, but for peace of mind, I thought I'd go for this unit. Purchased from Desmo Racing (link)

Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Nov 14th 2018, 06:31 AM   #48

Beautiful bike and mods, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks from vyruz
Old Nov 16th 2018, 12:19 AM   #49

Originally Posted by JSR29 View Post
vyruz:
Originally Posted by Mick1976 View Post
Toss your oem one in the trash get a Translogic you will never turn back. Less miss shifts, easier shifting and more precise. I told at least dozen people to purchase one and once they did same impression.
Mick is spot on, JSR. It is a night-and-day difference.

The stock feels mushy and squidgy, which aside from not feeling mechanically pleasant, is not precise (e.g. finding neutral is difficult because some of your shifter movement is used to physically slide the microswitch inside that black shifter unit).

The Translogic one is crisp and solid feeling. This shifter feels mechanically solid (no moving parts inside the unit) and you can be more precise with it (e.g. short shifting is quicker, you find N quicker). Worth every single dollar.
Old Nov 16th 2018, 12:21 AM   #50

Originally Posted by Mick1976 View Post
Be curious to see what the offset/geometry is on that Spider shock mount. Few people in the US including myself been running the Desmo Veloce setup from Richard Boyd. All cnc machined totally different shock setup with smaller/shorter spring different shock eye works well gives more feedback to the rider.
I don't think it changes the geometry (happy to be proved wrong though!), which is why I went for it. The Desme Veloce setup looks way better, but as you say necessitated changes in the shock eye.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2015, build, panigale