Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree68Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 27th 2018, 09:07 AM   #71

Like Ed mentioned my AEM carrier did not have any kind of a spacer either so definitely strange with that wear issue.

Old Nov 27th 2018, 10:41 PM   #72

Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
Just an observation but judging from the lack of wear on the area of the flange from the large retaining washer that slides on the axle before the carrier it really looks like the washer wasn't installed. The anodizing where the washer seats is un touched. I have played with a lot of carrier/sprocket combos and did a long writeup on this board about them. The only way that carrier can back its way into the hub is if the washer was not installed, thats what it is there for.
Thanks Ed. I appreciate the detailed analysis.
Old Nov 27th 2018, 10:46 PM   #73

Originally Posted by Snk1199 View Post
What did you do about the screen and visor with the drops? I guess you replaced them... I have a spoiled dashboard as a result of a busted brake master cylinder and I wonder if the screen of the dash can be replaced or repaired.
Thankfully I had no damage from the fluids sitting on there long. I cleaned it up as soon as I rolled into the pits. I'm not sure if it helped, but I had the SpeedoAngels screen protector on as well.

Originally Posted by bradp51 View Post
Don't forget to buy a SL radiator cap.
I purchased a genuine SL OEM Radiator cap. I posted pics I think at the time.
Looks nicer and you will save 10.4 grams.
Mate I saved your post about that a long time ago. I didn't pull the trigger because I wasn't sure if it'd fit the MAC radiator

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Well that sucks about the AEM. Have you contacted them about this issue?
I didn't get back to AEM and I'm glad I didn't. Judging by Ed's comments, it looks like it was an installation error rather than a manufacturing one. It was installed at the dealership at the early days of getting the bike, and I wonder if they rushed it. My bike goes to another workshop now and they do great work.
Thanks from Twistedracer and Snk1199
Old Nov 28th 2018, 07:00 AM   #74

Good call on that one. I have seen this a few times from shops as they are not familiar with the components of the rear drive assemble. Simply, when they remove the OEM junk for the swap they unbolt the carrier and slide the assembly of the axle. The thick assembly grease causes the washer to stick to the sprocket. They pull the flange out of the center and the washer stays behind on the old sprocket. The new sprocket assembly goes back on without the washer. Fortunately, the chain geometry kept that thing somewhat contained. That could have been ugly at speed. Attention to detail my friends. If you are going to F with, minimize the possibility that it Fs you back.
Thanks from youngR, vyruz, Twistedracer and 1 others
Old Nov 30th 2018, 01:03 AM   #75

Another trackday

This was the first trackday after some of the larger mods to date - including the M9RS magnesium wheels, the full Akra system and the Ohlins FKR cartridges - so there was lots to be excited about.

It's hard to nail down which part was the best - the FKR cartridges gave me a lot of confidence braking deeper into the corner. Some might say this is the placebo effect talking or just down to fresh fork oil, but I'm not so sure. There is definitely more feeling from the front when you're on the brakes and tipping in that gives you the confidence to trail it more than before.

The Akra and M9RS wheels combo made the bike noticeably stronger from corner exit all the way down both long straights in Sepang. These mods were definitely not needed, but they have made a light bike even lighter and peppier.

All that was great about the Pani R for me - the pull down the two straights followed by braking and corner entry - are better than before. I am still weak on corner exit - I envy the inline fours and their smooth linear band here. There is still a brutality to the R's power and it doles out thrills and fear in equal amounts coming out of slow-ish corners.

Thanks from youngR, Twistedracer and KarlKani
Old Nov 30th 2018, 07:32 AM   #76

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
love it when i see folks using R like they suppose to on track. not just pretty mods on it.
Thanks from vyruz and Twistedracer
Old Dec 4th 2018, 01:12 AM   #77

One of my favourite things to do is clean the bike down after a trackday and get a small photoshoot thing going. It's my way of telling my bike 'Thanks for looking after me'.

As is now tradition, she gets a little present as a reward for good trackday behaviour. This time it's a small bit of carbon but it is a little functional too. I went with the MotoCoach brake cooling airduct. I just read the recent thread about brake cooling ducts, so I'm not going to say too much about this Suffice to say the brake lever was moving back enough in one 20-minute session that I thought it is worth a try. This version is a simple fit (secured by the caliper bolts) and does not obstruct front paddock stands.

Thanks from youngR, Twistedracer and KarlKani
Old Dec 4th 2018, 07:57 AM   #78

As a hobbyist photog, I love the pics
Thanks from vyruz
Old Dec 4th 2018, 03:13 PM   #79

I Ride: Ducati 959 Panigale
This build is an absolutely fucking epic build man! Functional epic mods and actually getting used, much respect love your bike.
Thanks from vyruz
Old Dec 10th 2018, 01:07 AM   #80

EVR Billet Clutch Basket

With the EVR slipper clutch working well, I thought it would be nice to complete the set with the EVR billet clutch basket. Bellissimoto certainly pitched it right in their description below (with me falling in the average joe category):
"The Average Joe may not need this (though he'd still like to have it!), but you racers around the country and the world know the value of having a Race hub that's been: Lightened, strengthened, highly engineered, and highly tuned for optimum performance on the track, and the basket is made from one solid piece of billet and that's why we sell a surprisingly good number of them.

Ducati Corse found that on their race bikes, the OE clutch baskets were failing after about 150 km. Enter EVR's Basket which has gone more than 1500 km in their bikes with no problems!"

Thanks from youngR and Twistedracer

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2015, build, panigale