Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree105Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 10th 2018, 05:07 AM   #81

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
^ love it. I will go this route with EVR when i decide to get a upgrade. Thanks for the pic.

Will you use stock R fairings or will you go track fairings?
Thanks from vyruz

Old Dec 10th 2018, 05:18 AM   #82

I Ride: V4 S Corse '19
maybe strange question, but... does she have a name?
Old Dec 10th 2018, 11:16 AM   #83

Originally Posted by realnuts View Post
did you just assume its gender
Thanks from able duc
Old Dec 11th 2018, 12:14 AM   #84

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
^ love it. I will go this route with EVR when i decide to get a upgrade. Thanks for the pic.

Will you use stock R fairings or will you go track fairings?
Thanks buddy!

I'm sticking with my stock 2015R fairings. They've become my 'do it all' fairings now. Instead of spending on track fairings, I ended up buying Mick's take-off fairings from his 2016R so I have clean R fairings sitting safely in storage

She is a she, but I never got around to naming her
Old Dec 11th 2018, 12:25 AM   #85

I Ride: V4 S Corse '19
Originally Posted by DStyleNZL View Post
did you just assume its gender
He was talking about “her” and “she”.

I always give my bikes names, and they are all ladies. I’ve had Vicky, Monica, Dani,...
Old Dec 11th 2018, 04:14 AM   #86

Damn that's right forgot you got all them brand new fairings from me think you got just about everything except the tank.

Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
Thanks buddy!

I'm sticking with my stock 2015R fairings. They've become my 'do it all' fairings now. Instead of spending on track fairings, I ended up buying Mick's take-off fairings from his 2016R so I have clean R fairings sitting safely in storage

She is a she, but I never got around to naming her
Old Dec 11th 2018, 09:58 AM   #87

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
He was talking about “her” and “she”.

I always give my bikes names, and they are all ladies. I’ve had Vicky, Monica, Dani,...
Because they are fat bitches?
Old Jan 30th 2019, 03:57 AM   #88

New Seat

My Race Seats extension was working well for me on track (I like the reduced front-to-back movement from being all the way back on straights and sliding up the tank to brake) but the seat was just too low (From my earlier post "I didn't specify to Race Seats that I wanted to keep the DP race seat height, so the Race Seats one felt a little too low)

I decided I had to make another seat order. This time I had them approximate the DP seat height (which they said was +35mm) and I wanted the narrower front section like the DP seat, so they did that as well. The new seat went on and another Sepang track day came by.

I gelled much better with the new seat height but I'm still struggling with keeping myself gripped on the seat on corner exits. As I get back progressively hard on the throttle, my leathers seem to slide back easily and it takes a lot of effort to keep locked on. This sucks because after a few laps I'm beat and I have to nurse the throttle on exits.

Does anyone else have the Alpinestars leather suit with the DFS knee protector/slider area (the grey bit on the inside surface of the knees)? I love my Atem V3 suit but the DFS bit does not help with getting a good grip.

Old Jan 30th 2019, 09:43 PM   #89

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by vyruz View Post
New Seat

My Race Seats extension was working well for me on track (I like the reduced front-to-back movement from being all the way back on straights and sliding up the tank to brake) but the seat was just too low (From my earlier post "I didn't specify to Race Seats that I wanted to keep the DP race seat height, so the Race Seats one felt a little too low)

I decided I had to make another seat order. This time I had them approximate the DP seat height (which they said was +35mm) and I wanted the narrower front section like the DP seat, so they did that as well. The new seat went on and another Sepang track day came by.

I gelled much better with the new seat height but I'm still struggling with keeping myself gripped on the seat on corner exits. As I get back progressively hard on the throttle, my leathers seem to slide back easily and it takes a lot of effort to keep locked on. This sucks because after a few laps I'm beat and I have to nurse the throttle on exits.

Does anyone else have the Alpinestars leather suit with the DFS knee protector/slider area (the grey bit on the inside surface of the knees)? I love my Atem V3 suit but the DFS bit does not help with getting a good grip.

Interesting. May I ask your height? And inseam? I have the extension seat combo (haven’t tried it) but I’ve found out that I actually prefer lower seat. R seat vs comfort seat height. I even shaved R seat to make it even lower.
Thanks from vyruz
Old Jan 31st 2019, 05:55 AM   #90

I Ride: 16R; 18 R1M
vyruz two things that can help you. Move your rearsets back a bit. This’ll help you stay forward with less effort. For the seat add foam pads to the front of the seat cowl to control how far back you can slide.
I personally don’t like being positioned back on the seat as the front gets to light.
Thanks from vyruz and able duc

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
2015, build, panigale