Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree47Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 8th 2019, 08:14 PM   #41

I Ride: 16R; 18 R1M
Originally Posted by jc808504 View Post
Very nice build. You have great taste and it shows it in the parts you are selecting.

Curious to how it rides with the Fullsix pieces on it, you're gonna have even more of a blast at the track!
The Fullsix subframe feels solid just sitting on her, but the true test will be on the track for sure.
Hopefully my last mod to the IMU mount takes care of the IMU issues Iíve had. Motoholders 1299 fairing stay IMU Mount just transferred too much vibration to it.
Just need more money for all the rest of the mods. Lifetime project lol.

Old Jan 8th 2019, 08:31 PM   #42

I can imagine the sturdieness, I am a huge believer in carbon as ill be using it for my wheels. Everything I have read about fullsix has made me consider them for my build. Update us once you ride it, meanwhile ill be saving up! haha

Interesting that your experiencing vibration issues. Im running the same setup and only one rainy trackday on it to shake the cobwebs.

Also, did you have any gaps between the Armor Bodies and Motoholders intake? I noticed you said some trimming is required which I did to mine, but still have gaps. Im thinking about fiberglassing from the inside just to extend it enough so there is no visible gaps. Yes you really have to look but, i know they're there. Unless I just have to keep trimming.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 06:33 AM   #43

I didnít trim the air intake of the Armour Bodies. Itís a good press fit from the nose to the Motoholders. They arenít shaped exactly the same so there will be a gap around the outside edge that you see.

Not sure if youíre using the 1199 or 1299 Motoholders stay but their design for the IMU Mount is different.
I drilled out the plate to install the rubber grommets and inner sleeve for dampening. This should work.

Thanks from youngR
Old Jan 9th 2019, 08:13 AM   #44

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
^that is a great custom work.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jan 9th 2019, 08:48 AM   #45
MMC

I Ride: 2015 R, 1199 Tricolore, '12 MTS Pikes Peak
What problems were you having with the IMU? I know that when I come in off the track my dash is lit up with the red exclamation point/inertial sensor warning...and the red triangle with the exclamation point in it. Seemed to happen a lot coming out of corners with some wheelie/hard accel....
Old Jan 9th 2019, 10:21 AM   #46

I Ride: 2012 1199S, 2008 Speed Triple
Kraaitech oil drain plug

Regarding the previous posts about the PITA it is to do an oil change when you have a belly pan, by installing a Kraaitech oil drain plug you can do an oil change without removing the silencers and dropping the belly pan.

The drain plug assembly is actually a little "L-shaped" conduit that screws into the hole for the drain plug and is such that the oil drain plug is now vertical instead of horizontal, allowing the oil to drain straight down.
Put the Kraaitech thingy on the bike, position the belly pan and mark the location of the drain plug on the bottom of the belly pan. Then drill a 2 or 3-inch hole in the bellypan so that you can access the drain plug. The Kraaitech set-up comes with a 2- or 3-inch rubber plug that is used to plug the hole in the bellypan. Simply pop off the plug to gain access to the drain plug.

The set-up makes oil changes a breeze (compared to before).
There used to be a lot of pics on the site showing the set-up; however, it appears all of them have been removed.

See:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1244646&type=3
Kraaitech oil drain for bellypan
Thanks from Twistedracer

Last edited by Styler; Jan 9th 2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 10:57 AM   #47

Originally Posted by MMC View Post
What problems were you having with the IMU? I know that when I come in off the track my dash is lit up with the red exclamation point/inertial sensor warning...and the red triangle with the exclamation point in it. Seemed to happen a lot coming out of corners with some wheelie/hard accel....
Yeah Iíd get the same lights which would also mess up TC and WC. Itís from too much engine vibration being transferred to the IMU.
The first way I tried had minimal dampening and no problems would occur at lower rpmís.
Then just to verify in what direction I needed to go I tightened it up to make the mount more solid.
All the lights lit up just accelerating in hot pits.
This latest system gives it plenty of dampening like the stock system did. This should work.
Canít wait to test it.
Thanks from GunMoto
Old Jan 9th 2019, 11:03 AM   #48
MMC

I installed the Kraaitech plug and the belly pan would not fit, had to go back to the straight bolt. I tried heating and "molding"" the BP to create space but couldn't get it to work. Based on my experience...if you cut a hold in that valley...the plug would have protruded down past the pan (MotoXcambri race fairings on a '15 R)

Twisted: I'm gonna get to work on fabbing up something to reduce vibs!
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jan 9th 2019, 11:05 AM   #49

I Ride: 2012 1199S, 2008 Speed Triple
R said goodbye streets, hello track.

Originally Posted by MMC View Post
I installed the Kraaitech plug and the belly pan would not fit, had to go back to the straight bolt. I tried heating and "molding"" the BP to create space but couldn't get it to work. Based on my experience...if you cut a hold in that valley...the plug would have protruded down past the pan (MotoXcambri race fairings on a '15 R)

Twisted: I'm gonna get to work on fabbing up something to reduce vibs!

Iím running the Armor Bodies belly pan on my 1199 without an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks from Twistedracer
Old Jan 9th 2019, 01:11 PM   #50
MMC

Ooh...good to know! That'd save a shit-ton of time/hassle! Thank you!

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
goodbye, streets, track