Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree16Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 1st 2019, 08:40 AM   #21

I Ride: 1199
I did 10.2 with my 1199, akrap titan but not full, K&N air filter and dyno remap on stock ecu. And I think it can run 10 or maybe 9.9 on my next race this week.

Old Jul 1st 2019, 02:12 PM   #22

I Ride: 2012 Panigale ABS
Originally Posted by reganc View Post
does anyone care
I roadraced motorcycles over 35 years ago at an amateur level and won several trophies and was the winner of one race in my class. I have autocrossed a variety of sports cars and won a few trophies doing that. I have drag raced several Corvettes, but no trophies because I never did that in competition. But I have times that are still among the fastest in the country in class.

Some people just like anything speed related. And as someone said on this thread, drag racing a “super bike” takes a hell of a lot of talent and practice to get to those times.
Thanks from reganc
Old Jul 1st 2019, 02:15 PM   #23

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I roadraced motorcycles over 35 years ago at an amateur level and won several trophies and was the winner of one race in my class. I have autocrossed a variety of sports cars and won a few trophies doing that. I have drag raced several Corvettes, but no trophies because I never did that in competition. But I have times that are still among the fastest in the country in class.

Some people just like anything speed related. And as someone said on this thread, drag racing a “super bike” takes a hell of a lot of talent and practice to get to those times.
it was a flippant comment i did add another post after
Thanks from jjsC6
Old Jul 1st 2019, 09:05 PM   #24

Originally Posted by reganc View Post
Yawn

That'really the best you got.

You sound like you're not even old enough to ride.

another keyboard warrior

go back to dreaming about bikes

Hahhahaha. Please, you're just being cute with me now.

Im old enough to ride you , your lover, and your bike all at the same time.
I've got more talent in my pinky finger than you've ever acquired in your entire life.

You're the keyboard warrior who came in here dismissing someones achievements like a bellend, remember that.

Add me on snapchat you loser, i'll show you a garage your sorry materialistic ass could only dream about, if those are the sort of insults you want to sling.

Pathetic.

Originally Posted by Lukinjo View Post
I did 10.2 with my 1199, akrap titan but not full, K&N air filter and dyno remap on stock ecu. And I think it can run 10 or maybe 9.9 on my next race this week.
Can you remember your mph?
Thats a pretty good time!

I feel like the standard ride height is whats makes these bikes soooo hard to
launch right. They sit so tall and just want to wheelie all the time.

Launching my hayabusa was ten times easier.

Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post

That's amazing, i never did get into autocrossing... Unfortunately those types of events here are few and far inbetween.

What was your fastest corvette?

I have a soft spot for all motor class, its always the hardest i find.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 09:21 PM   #25

I Ride: 1299 Anniversario #81
That escalated quickly. Drag racing threads on sportbike forums are always fun
Thanks from 007
Old Jul 1st 2019, 11:02 PM   #26

Originally Posted by Ryfly05 View Post
That escalated quickly. Drag racing threads on sportbike forums are always fun
The place needed a lil more action.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 12:35 AM   #27

I Ride: 1299S, S2R1000, S4R, SXV550, RSV4RR
This thread needs more videos.

Here's the Anniversario 9.57 vid:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTkR9CBgqXO/

I am not surprised that the 1299 can easily run upper 9s without many mods.

Here's me winning the Estonian drag race championship on my 2016 RSV4 RR in stock mode with only race flash on a lanky old bumpy airfield with weeds 'n shit coming out the wazoo and messing up the start but still running a 10.2.

That RSV4 ran 10.2 in lazy mode and 9.9 on good starts with good traction.

On a purpose built drag strip with great traction and a good rider, no doubt the 1299 will smash the RSV4 and certainly 10.1 isn't some godly time on a 1299 but props to you for having the balls to do it. Drag runs are scary but fun!
Thanks from jjsC6

Last edited by Hejnfelt; Jul 2nd 2019 at 12:37 AM.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 10:27 AM   #28

I Ride: 1199
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Can you remember your mph?
Thats a pretty good time!

I feel like the standard ride height is whats makes these bikes soooo hard to
launch right. They sit so tall and just want to wheelie all the time.

Launching my hayabusa was ten times easier.
Yes, 239km/h
Advantage of ducati is that wheelbase is 5 cm longer than etc. Kawasaki ninja, so its easyer to launch it without wheelie. You need to practice start, turn off electronic, lean on fuel tank and play with your clutch in first 50 meters, thats most important part of the race.
I will post my slip this weekend after race
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 12:14 AM   #29

Originally Posted by Hejnfelt View Post
This thread needs more videos.

Here's the Anniversario 9.57 vid:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTkR9CBgqXO/

I am not surprised that the 1299 can easily run upper 9s without many mods.

Here's me winning the Estonian drag race championship on my 2016 RSV4 RR in stock mode with only race flash on a lanky old bumpy airfield with weeds 'n shit coming out the wazoo and messing up the start but still running a 10.2.

That RSV4 ran 10.2 in lazy mode and 9.9 on good starts with good traction.

On a purpose built drag strip with great traction and a good rider, no doubt the 1299 will smash the RSV4 and certainly 10.1 isn't some godly time on a 1299 but props to you for having the balls to do it. Drag runs are scary but fun!
An airfield, crazy!

I feel like traction is not really the problem when it comes to racing bikes in a straight line... I feel like the nailing the 60ft is the hardest thing to do..
Old Jul 5th 2019, 10:04 AM   #30

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R, 1098r Bayliss, Triumph 675R (ex AMA Bike), Beta 300 RR Race
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Hahhahaha. Please, you're just being cute with me now.

Im old enough to ride you , your lover, and your bike all at the same time.
I've got more talent in my pinky finger than you've ever acquired in your entire life.

You're the keyboard warrior who came in here dismissing someones achievements like a bellend, remember that.

Add me on snapchat you loser, i'll show you a garage your sorry materialistic ass could only dream about, if those are the sort of insults you want to sling.

Pathetic.
You don't sound to smart and have used very similar commentary on another thread so I can only assume it's your defacto response when frustration kicks in.

Now show us this mesmerizing garage you speak of I'm sure you will need or should need a new thread to highlight it all.

It would be also nice to see all this talent you have with some trackday footage as we all need to learn a thing or two on riding and by the sounds of you are probably setting lap records.

Last edited by reganc; Jul 5th 2019 at 06:05 PM.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1 or 4, 1299, fastest, shown