Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 15th 2019, 04:00 AM   #11

Pretty cool idea! If you yank on the cable hard do you think that little hook would/could break?

Old Apr 15th 2019, 10:45 AM   #12

I don’t think so., that’s a pretty thick hook from
A stabilization perspective.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 03:15 PM   #13

I Ride: 2012 1199S
Originally Posted by WWiinngg View Post
Pretty cool idea! If you yank on the cable hard do you think that little hook would/could break?
probably not. that cable is meant to keep the helmet from walking away. if you want to go into the convenience store for 3 minutes while taking a break from riding. if you are standing around in a large bike ground and you don't want to hold the helmet in your hands or on your arm but you don't want to keep watching your helmet every 30 seconds. keeps the helmet from hitting to ground which is cringe worthy for most of us.

don't care what anyone says, the average thief will defeat this cable/lock and the better than average thief who spots the unfortunate rider who leaves his $1000 helmet while he goes into the shopping mall, 30 seconds....or less.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 07:03 PM   #14

LOL!!!! i respect that opinion however, with that logic, why even own a motorcycle.. in those SAME 30 seconds your Duc can be literally picked up into a van or truck and GONE.

Not sure how trying to help fellow Ducati family members figure out a way to hang a helmet like every other bike has turned into something so crazy.

its already understood what the risk are when u lock your lid to any bike (Regardless of cost), that same logic goes to owning the Ferrari of bikes which draws even more attention all on its own with no helmet... Damn the HELMET... I'll TAKE the Ferrari.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 09:49 PM   #15

I Ride: 1299S, S2R1000, S4R, SXV550, RSV4RR
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I just want to know if that carbon cowl is an official Ducati accessory. Looks bling!
Old Apr 16th 2019, 03:44 AM   #16

I Ride: 1299S
I've seen them cut the strap ( which makes the helmet useless) thieves are stupid I wish we could shoot them on the spot .

had a bike stolen loaded it in a van in 30 seconds and gone .

I'd like to shoot that guy in the head
Thanks from Jake
Old Apr 16th 2019, 06:24 AM   #17

Originally Posted by Hejnfelt View Post
I just want to know if that carbon cowl is an official Ducati accessory. Looks bling!
not OEM, bought it off here in the classifieds
Old Apr 17th 2019, 04:45 AM   #18

Originally Posted by Jake View Post
LOL!!!! i respect that opinion however, with that logic, why even own a motorcycle.. in those SAME 30 seconds your Duc can be literally picked up into a van or truck and GONE.

Not sure how trying to help fellow Ducati family members figure out a way to hang a helmet like every other bike has turned into something so crazy.

its already understood what the risk are when u lock your lid to any bike (Regardless of cost), that same logic goes to owning the Ferrari of bikes which draws even more attention all on its own with no helmet... Damn the HELMET... I'll TAKE the Ferrari.
Agreed.

But for those that aren't comfy with locking it up, let them carry the helmet everywhere, no harm done to you or me or them
Old Apr 17th 2019, 04:45 AM   #19

Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
I've seen them cut the strap ( which makes the helmet useless) thieves are stupid I wish we could shoot them on the spot .
Might as well cut the tyres off the bike so they can steal those too lol

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
hang, helmet, snug, tight