Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree25Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 07:08 AM   #1

I Ride: Panigale R | MTS1000
Our member came to the rescue on QS (Thank you to Endodoc!)

It will be a disservice to a member who helped greatly on a short notice on this forum.

I like to sincerely thank Endodoc for his help on the QS.

My OEM QS failed during my last track days. It would send false signals to the engine and cut power abruptly, jerking me forward at different RPMs. This was scary and dangerous at the same time, especially after the apex when I'm on throttle... I had to disconnect it and do it the old way.

Endodoc sent me a Translogic QS and I put them on for this weekend race track days at the Pitt Race. Worked flawlessly and had a great time. I can't thank him enough.

I think it's awesome that he went out of his way to help me greatly and others.

There are many great members on this board. Twistedracers, Phl, Gecko, wilkson, Mick, Jarel, Rogue, bradp51, able duc, vyruz, KMY, Thamer, VAST, b9009b, Kevin1199, Price Albert, RetardedTiming, royal, Bladerunner, and so on. Some dont come onto the forum as often but I appreciate all the help over the years and learning from you all.
Thanks from Phl, Rogue, vyruz and 7 others

Last edited by youngR; Jun 3rd 2019 at 09:09 AM.

Old Jun 3rd 2019, 07:38 AM   #2

Were you at Pitt Race this weekend? Swear I saw this Duc, but got so caught up in the day that I forgot to find you.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 08:01 AM   #3

Hey Yonger glad you got her back up n going!!!!
Thanks from youngR
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 08:51 AM   #4

I Ride: 2015 Ducati 1299s, 2013 Triumph 675R
Ed is good people. He gets a bad rep with a few of the characters on here but he's helped me out with parts in the past as well.

I'm surprised Fahed kept the OEM unit on that bike. Their pretty well known as being prone to failure. Swapping to the TL unit was definitely one of the best sub $300 mods I've done. Compliment it with a Ti rod from Gecko (if it didn't already come with one from Ed).
Thanks from youngR and Twistedracer
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 09:04 AM   #5

Originally Posted by rja4z3 View Post
Were you at Pitt Race this weekend? Swear I saw this Duc, but got so caught up in the day that I forgot to find you.
I was. First time there. I pitted next to the entry. I saw quite of few Pani at the track.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 09:10 AM   #6

Endodoc,

Was a big help to me as well last year. Same issue. Needed a hard to find part before my national race. He helped get the part out the very next day and we made the national race with the replacement part.

BTW. If you ever have the bike surg like that again. It may be the kickstand bypass plug. We were testing the 2 weeks ago at NJMP and when the bypass plug got hot the bike began to jerk violently. We replaced the kickstand bypass with a new one. Problem solved.

Best,
Blade.

PS How did you like Pitt Race?

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
It will be a disservice to a member who helped greatly on a short notice on this forum.

I like to sincerely thank Endodoc for his help on the QS.

My OEM QS failed during my last track days. It would send false signals to the engine and cut power abruptly, jerking me forward at different RPMs. This was scary and dangerous at the same time, especially after the apex when I'm on throttle... I had to disconnect it and do it the old way.

Endodoc sent me a Translogic QS and I put them on for this weekend race track days at the Pitt Race. Worked flawlessly and had a great time. I can't thank him enough.

I think it's awesome that he went out of his way to help me greatly and others.

There are many great members on this board. Twistedracers, Phl, Gecko, wilkson, Mick, Jarel, Rogue, bradp51, able duc, vyruz, KMY, Thamer, VAST, b9009b, Kevin1199, Price Albert, RetardedTiming, royal, and so on. Some dont come onto the forum as often but I appreciate all the help over the years and learning from you all.
Thanks from youngR and Twistedracer
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 09:18 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
Endodoc,

Was a big help to me as well last year. Same issue. Needed a hard to find part before my national race. He helped get the part out the very next day and we made the national race with the replacement part.

BTW. If you ever have the bike surg like that again. It may be the kickstand bypass plug. We were testing the 2 weeks ago at NJMP and when the bypass plug got hot the bike began to jerk violently. We replaced the kickstand bypass with a new one. Problem solved.

Best,
Blade.

PS How did you like Pitt Race?
thanks for the info. I will look for the kickstand bypass but trying to remember where it was. it was pretty hot day for sure in NC. I believe previous owner sent the ECU overseas and had ABS and kickstand removed from the ECU but I can verify.

Pitt race was interesting for sure. I was completely lost on my 1st session and didnt know what I was doing with all the elevation changes and blind turns but got much better as the day went.
Thanks from Blade Runner
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 09:28 AM   #8

I Ride: 2016 Panigale 1199 R, 2004 Honda RC51
Does the Translogic QS work with the OEM auto blip as well as the up shifts?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 09:48 AM   #9

Originally Posted by B Topp View Post
yes. up and down
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 09:50 AM   #10

I Ride: Anniversario l Hypermotard 939 SP
Thanks for the shout out brotha. Glad you got it sorted and had fun! I really want to go to Laguna in July but having issues with the van so I'm a little gun shy with that long of a trip. Still undecided.
Originally Posted by B Topp View Post
Yes it does.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
endodoc, member, rescue