Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 2 Post By Blade Runner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 21st 2019, 09:38 AM   #1

I Ride: 1299S ´16, HSQ FE350 ´17
!des

Hi guys,
i bought the 1299S 2016 and on the dashboard flashing error DES!
I checked the wiring harness from the forks, the steering damper and the rear shock. I found damaged wires on the rear shock. I fixed them, but the error was still flasing.
My friend has 1299S 2014, I borrowed a BBS to eliminate another possible mistake. The error !DES is still active and unfortunately my total mileage has disappeared from my Pani and also from Pani of my friend and only dashes are flashing.
Please, what else do I have to try and how to activate total mileage back?

Old Jun 21st 2019, 10:38 AM   #2

Ok I can help a bit with this. Your dash and your BBS unit store your mileage information. If you disconnect your battery to quickly after you turn your key off you risk loosing the handshake between the dash and the BBS unit. The 1199 and 1299 have about a 45 sec to 1 min shutdown time after you turn the bike off. The V4 is much longer. The only way that I know of to get these two talking to each other again is by having a dealer hook up the bikes to the dealer diagnostic system in service.

As far as your DES light. You either didn't fix your wires correctly you have a bad connection somewhere in the chain. What I find strange is that you are saying the DES light is flashing. As far as I have seen on my race bike which has the DES light on ALL the time due to removing the electronic suspension. My light never flashes is just stays on at the bottom left hand side of the dash.

Originally Posted by Driffter View Post
Hi guys,
i bought the 1299S 2016 and on the dashboard flashing error DES!
I checked the wiring harness from the forks, the steering damper and the rear shock. I found damaged wires on the rear shock. I fixed them, but the error was still flasing.
My friend has 1299S 2014, I borrowed a BBS to eliminate another possible mistake. The error !DES is still active and unfortunately my total mileage has disappeared from my Pani and also from Pani of my friend and only dashes are flashing.
Please, what else do I have to try and how to activate total mileage back?

Thanks from Macattack and Driffter
Old Jul 1st 2019, 07:18 AM   #3

I Ride: 1299S ´16, HSQ FE350 ´17
Hi, I want to update my status.
Thank you Blade Runner for the information.
I visited a friend of Texa's own diagnosis.
Unfortunately, I paired a friend's BBS unit with my dashboard. I thought this action could be returned. Unfortunately, this can only be done in ducati servise.
My friend has a dashboard with 8762km and bbs with 15104km - currently unpaired.
I have everything ok, dashboard 15104km and bbs also 15104km.
Is there anyone who works in ducati and could advise me on how to communicate with Ducati to help returned firend´s BBS?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
!des, bbs, des, ohlins, suspension

Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed