Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree24Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 28th 2019, 06:43 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
bigdzx6r's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: ATX

Posts: 283
Thanks: 88

Originally Posted by Kev242 View Post
I'm 6' 210lbs and have no issue with the tank but I rarely use both knees to grip. Under hard braking I'm more in the mid thigh and hooking my heels. I like to be up close on the tank on braking so there is no possibility of sliding forward.

I do find myself using a lot more of the seat on the Panigale, constantly moving all over it on spirited and track riding. If you have a long inseam I could see where your knees would be in the mix, and a set of higher rearsets would only make it worse.
Same here, never actually use the knee but inner things instead
bigdzx6r is offline  
 
Old Jun 28th 2019, 07:01 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Blade Runner's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: USA

Posts: 458
Thanks: 285

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Since you’re a taller guy this might be of help to you. Not so good for us shorter guys since it moves us back a bit too much.

https://www.hsbkracing.com/parts-and...ank-extension/
I have this on my race bike and it made a MASSIVE difference. I am 6'2". I have the extension along with the race seat.

Seat and extension..JPG
Thanks from youngR, Twistedracer and 007
Blade Runner is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2019, 09:28 PM   #13
007
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2018
From: At your 6.

Posts: 243
Thanks: 50

Originally Posted by Kev242 View Post
I'm 6' 210lbs and have no issue with the tank but I rarely use both knees to grip. Under hard braking I'm more in the mid thigh and hooking my heels. I like to be up close on the tank on braking so there is no possibility of sliding forward.

I do find myself using a lot more of the seat on the Panigale, constantly moving all over it on spirited and track riding. If you have a long inseam I could see where your knees would be in the mix, and a set of higher rearsets would only make it worse.
I forgot to mention i do have the comfort seat on there... Not sure if that makes much of a difference since it sits you up abit higher?

I dont do track work with this bike, its just for the street. Sitting Too close to the tank doesnt feel right for me unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Since you’re a taller guy this might be of help to you. Not so good for us shorter guys since it moves us back a bit too much.

https://www.hsbkracing.com/parts-and...ank-extension/
Thanks for that, another guy just posted hes using it an highly reccommends it which is great to hear.

Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
6’1 235? Jeez, well I stand corrected. Perhaps Velcro pants with the matching seat. Oh and that couples squatting thing, yea that’s something you may want to keep to yourself. I’m not entirely sure what that is but I’m pretty sure it’s not in “fashion” but I’ll ask around. Oh by the way, it was a fricken joke dude.
Jokes, i do them.

Hence why i said id squat you and your lover. It's all jokes until someone gets offended or weirded out. But for real, i could probably squat you both.
007 is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2019, 09:28 PM   #14
007
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2018
From: At your 6.

Posts: 243
Thanks: 50

Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
I have this on my race bike and it made a MASSIVE difference. I am 6'2". I have the extension along with the race seat.

Attachment 26062
That is awesome to hear
007 is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2019, 12:32 AM   #15
Member
 
Hejnfelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2019
From: Tallinn

Posts: 38
Thanks: 16

I Ride: 1299S, S2R1000, S4R, SXV550, RSV4RR
Originally Posted by Twistedracer View Post
Since you’re a taller guy this might be of help to you. Not so good for us shorter guys since it moves us back a bit too much.

https://www.hsbkracing.com/parts-and...ank-extension/
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
I have this on my race bike and it made a MASSIVE difference. I am 6'2". I have the extension along with the race seat.

Attachment 26062
Man it never ceases to amaze me the vast amount of specialized parts, solutions and upgrades available for Ducatis never could find anything for my Aprilias

I'm 6'3" and use the race seat and TechSpec snakeskin grips on the 1299 but this looks sick and I can easily imagine it having a massive impact on rideability. Might try it.
Thanks from Twistedracer
Hejnfelt is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2019, 09:58 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: CA

Posts: 110
Thanks: 18

Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I forgot to mention i do have the comfort seat on there... Not sure if that makes much of a difference since it sits you up abit higher?



I dont do track work with this bike, its just for the street. Sitting Too close to the tank doesnt feel right for me unfortunately.







Thanks for that, another guy just posted hes using it an highly reccommends it which is great to hear.







Jokes, i do them.



Hence why i said id squat you and your lover. It's all jokes until someone gets offended or weirded out. But for real, i could probably squat you both.

Squatting is overrated, look at Ronnie Coleman now...

I’ll have to look into this extension too, I’m 6’2” 240...without much fat to lose


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SickDuc is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2019, 10:36 AM   #17
Member
 
Joined: Dec 2018
From: Upstate New York

Posts: 47
Thanks: 22

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Ohhhh...if only street riding grabbing with your thighs will quickly earn you 1st-2nd degree burn!

That seat extension looks interesting.
Kev242 is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2019, 03:39 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: USA

Posts: 1,367
Thanks: 1282

6’2” and 240 lean? Damn ok guys I think it might be time to start a whole new thread “rider pics” instead of “bike pics”cause this board seems to have more huge muscular individuals than the Professional Muscle board. Im a runt at 5’10 198. 240 lean, that’s impressive. Now that’s a bike that needs 200hp.
Thanks from henrypbui
endodoc is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2019, 03:53 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: CA

Posts: 110
Thanks: 18

Originally Posted by endodoc View Post
6’2” and 240 lean? Damn ok guys I think it might be time to start a whole new thread “rider pics” instead of “bike pics”cause this board seems to have more huge muscular individuals than the Professional Muscle board. Im a runt at 5’10 198. 240 lean, that’s impressive. Now that’s a bike that needs 200hp.

I’m about 12-13% at the moment. Bodybuilding and riding is rough, lots of weight fluctuation, leathers will strangle me up top and be loose at mid section. I have 2 different sizes for when I’m gaining or leaning out. Pretty annoying actually haha.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SickDuc is offline  
Old Jun 29th 2019, 07:20 PM   #20
007
Senior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2018
From: At your 6.

Posts: 243
Thanks: 50

Originally Posted by SickDuc View Post
Squatting is overrated, look at Ronnie Coleman now...

I’ll have to look into this extension too, I’m 6’2” 240...without much fat to lose


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol squats are literally the best excersise for gaining mass an strength overall.

But hey that argument is neither here or there. Coleman was next level though and wasnt doing no lightweight shit lol
007 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, biggest, gripe, personal



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Travis pastrana's personal red bull racing / dc shoes racing driving shoes Angus1609 Classifieds 6 Jul 17th 2018 11:44 AM
Biggest problem with the Pani centeroff Ducati 1199 15 Jun 24th 2014 04:25 PM
For Sale: Personal 1199/1198 Misc Items Gunny Fitz Classifieds 1 May 15th 2013 06:45 AM
Personal number plate for sale uk D1WSB Wayne Ducati 1199 6 May 14th 2013 04:48 AM
My biggest complaint - vibrating mirrors SuperGmoney Ducati 1199 22 May 2nd 2013 09:43 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed