Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree24Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 29th 2019, 08:08 PM   #21

Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Lol squats are literally the best excersise for gaining mass an strength overall.

But hey that argument is neither here or there. Coleman was next level though and wasnt doing no lightweight shit lol

True- largest muscles release the most hormones

He was just a true monster. Seen that Netflix documentary on him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Jun 30th 2019, 05:42 PM   #22

Originally Posted by SickDuc View Post
True- largest muscles release the most hormones

He was just a true monster. Seen that Netflix documentary on him?

Not yet, worth watching?
Old Jun 30th 2019, 07:21 PM   #23

Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Not yet, worth watching?

Yea for sure I’d say so

Old Jun 30th 2019, 07:48 PM   #24

I Ride: 2012 Ducati 1199 S Tricolore
The ducati performance comfort seat makes the situation worse. It may not seem like much but it places the thighs on an even narrower part of the tank. I took mine off and now sit in the bike instead of on the bike... using the stock seat.

I also move my body over before getting onto the brake. This allows my one inner thigh to brace on the back most part of the tank. After corner exit I tend to stay in the position as that keeps bike more upright allowing for throttle earlier and with greater amounts.

The bike is overly narrow. But, with some conditioning your body will adapt as well. My previous bike fit me better but now after a month its not bothering me as much.

I also keep my inside foot more weighted and more vertical than I did with my previous bike.
Thanks from Kev242
Old Jul 1st 2019, 05:36 AM   #25

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
Originally Posted by airjawed View Post
The ducati performance comfort seat makes the situation worse. It may not seem like much but it places the thighs on an even narrower part of the tank. I took mine off and now sit in the bike instead of on the bike... using the stock seat.

I also move my body over before getting onto the brake. This allows my one inner thigh to brace on the back most part of the tank. After corner exit I tend to stay in the position as that keeps bike more upright allowing for throttle earlier and with greater amounts.

The bike is overly narrow. But, with some conditioning your body will adapt as well. My previous bike fit me better but now after a month its not bothering me as much.

I also keep my inside foot more weighted and more vertical than I did with my previous bike.
I couldn't articulate it as well as you, but you nailed exactly how I set up braking/entry/exit, especially the point of the inside foot. You can get the California Superbike School and Yamaha Academy fighting over the foot peg importance all day. Keith Code "only turn with the bars!" Yamaha "weight the inside peg!"

Last edited by Kev242; Jul 1st 2019 at 05:38 AM.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 06:19 AM   #26

I Ride: V4 S Corse '19
You can stand on 1 peg, the bike will not turn
you turn by counter steering, that is just a fact, not even a discussion
transferring weight with your body makes turning easier and safer, that's something else
Old Jul 1st 2019, 07:11 AM   #27

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R
@realnuts

I hear what you are saying, subscribe to that point of view on counter steering...BUT...stand up on both pegs, put weight on either one and the bike tips in that direction. An absolute must if you ever offroad a BMW 1200 GSA with a full tank, 675+ pounds!

When I started heavily weighting the inside peg on the track I became a lot more accurate in nailing the apex, I am sure it is from getting my mass to connect down low and allowing the suspension/chassis to work at their best. It helps in a turn, but not to turn.

My CSS to Yamaha school comparison (done CSS through level 3 and one private day from a Yamaha instructor) was just humor between those two camps on turning, unbelievable how adamant they both were about how to turn a bike. I just gleam what works best for me and move forward, hopefully faster.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 09:14 PM   #28

I've never ridden my bike with the stock seat... I might have to give it a go and see what difference it makes...
Old Jul 1st 2019, 10:12 PM   #29

Squats? Yall want to do deadlifts!! Deadlifts will build them legs and ass better all day, over squats, making more mass gains overall.

But speaking of squats, I think yall dropped the soap over there.
Old Jul 1st 2019, 10:23 PM   #30

Originally Posted by henrypbui View Post
Squats? Yall want to do deadlifts!! Deadlifts will build them legs and ass better all day, over squats, making more mass gains overall.

But speaking of squats, I think yall dropped the soap over there.

Lies, you got the soap, weren’t you just mentioning building better ass all day

And you’d want deadlifts combined with squats fyi, can’t really say one is better, different muscles are worked with each

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
1299, biggest, gripe, personal