Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree30Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 4th 2019, 04:38 AM   #31

had a bit of a cold plus the weather had been atrocious as in bucketing down for days so no chance yet to ride a v4 yet. Looking forward to it! The sheer grunt out of the corners and short shifting through the twisties on the 1299 is extremely enjoyable. Im not really looking for more top end as I cant use what Ive got fully, so its just a case of comparing the experience on offer. The twin is so primal and sounds fantastic so perhaps if the v4 is appealing in a different way I might end up keeping both.

Old Aug 4th 2019, 05:29 AM   #32

I Ride: 1299R Final Edition
Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
had a bit of a cold plus the weather had been atrocious as in bucketing down for days so no chance yet to ride a v4 yet. Looking forward to it! The sheer grunt out of the corners and short shifting through the twisties on the 1299 is extremely enjoyable. Im not really looking for more top end as I cant use what Ive got fully, so its just a case of comparing the experience on offer. The twin is so primal and sounds fantastic so perhaps if the v4 is appealing in a different way I might end up keeping both.

Iím thinking keep my 1299FE and consider the V4 street fighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Sep 6th 2019, 03:31 PM   #33

Heres my thoughts on the V-4,
First impressions, the tank has more of a bulge where your your knees tuck in giving the impression that the bike is fatter. Controls are good, instruments clear enough no real improvement over the 1299, the mirrors look vulnerable though. Although its a bit wider , it seems smaller all round like its been condensed, it's smoother and quieter but a bit tingley through the bars at times. Refined is how I would put it compared the twin which feels like a farm tractor on steroids. Extremely light and flickable, scalpel like steering that really is just think and the bikes there. I would love to get this on a track to explore what it can do, on the street I thought the mid range was pretty good after all the stories about how lame it was compared to the twin and the top end in the first 2 gears and into 3rd was awesome (street testing so cant be too outrageous in the city!) .
But, its a bit like how I would imagine a German electric bike to be, ruthless but kind of lacking the fun factor of the twin. Don't get me wrong I was suitably impressed particularly with the handling but getting back on the twin with Akras booming and popping little wheelies on the way home, the twin is so much fun. The jury is out on whether to pony up 20 something k for the upgrade. I really think that if you were thinking of changing, its a good option but for me I might bling my twin out a bit more and learn to ride it better.

Last edited by Paul G; Sep 6th 2019 at 03:42 PM.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
changing, worth