Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Mick1976
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 1st 2019, 10:58 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: CA

Posts: 134
Thanks: 29

Help with eccentric hub circlip

Been trying to get this thing back on, but it seems like there isnít even space for the clip. Any advice would be great, thanks




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SickDuc is offline  
 
Old Sep 1st 2019, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: CA

Posts: 134
Thanks: 29

I did push the spacers all the way down, in the pic they werenít, with them pushed down, the clip is still slightly thicker


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SickDuc is offline  
Old Sep 1st 2019, 11:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: Nor Cal

Posts: 920
Thanks: 251

I use a super heavy duty C clip tool it makes it super easy to remove and install.
Mick1976 is offline  
Old Sep 1st 2019, 02:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: CA

Posts: 134
Thanks: 29

Originally Posted by Mick1976 View Post
I use a super heavy duty C clip tool it makes it super easy to remove and install.

I ended up buying on of those, now my problem seems like there isnít enough space for the clip, do I just need to push it down harder?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SickDuc is offline  
Old Sep 1st 2019, 02:25 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: Nor Cal

Posts: 920
Thanks: 251

Yeah just make sure everything is seated all way and then get the clip most way on then couple taps with rubber/plastic hammer.


Originally Posted by SickDuc View Post
I ended up buying on of those, now my problem seems like there isnít enough space for the clip, do I just need to push it down harder?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mick1976 is offline  
Old Sep 1st 2019, 03:33 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: CA

Posts: 134
Thanks: 29

Originally Posted by Mick1976 View Post
Yeah just make sure everything is seated all way and then get the clip most way on then couple taps with rubber/plastic hammer.


Ok Iíll give that a shot, thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SickDuc is offline  
Old Sep 7th 2019, 12:44 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: CA

Posts: 134
Thanks: 29

Got the clip in, thanks.

Happen to know what this hose is from?i need to relocate it. Was in that part with the fan



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SickDuc is offline  
Old Sep 7th 2019, 04:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: Nor Cal

Posts: 920
Thanks: 251

Awesome so that hose is your airbox vent.


Originally Posted by SickDuc View Post
Got the clip in, thanks.

Happen to know what this hose is from?i need to relocate it. Was in that part with the fan



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks from SickDuc
Mick1976 is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
circlip, eccentric, hub



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Eccentric Hub Bearing Source endodoc Ducati 1299 14 Feb 2nd 2018 07:16 PM
CORSE DYNAMICS "Non- Slip" Eccentric Ducati Chain Tools moto Motowheels 0 Feb 9th 2017 08:09 AM
Anyone ever tried the eccentric link adjuster (f to p)? Phl Ducati 1199 0 Nov 28th 2014 07:38 PM
Lost a circlip bradp51 Mechanical and Technical 1 Sep 6th 2013 06:54 PM
Rear Wheel Circlip Xbox Mechanical and Technical 3 Sep 18th 2012 04:52 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed