Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree3Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 20th 2019, 01:50 PM   #1

Someone have a working Tuneboy Akro Slip on Tune Only Map (dat file) they can share?

Unfortunately the Tune Only maps for download on the Tuneboy website are corrupt. Cause surging in the idle and low rpm range for some reason when releasing clutch in 1st gear. I flash stock map back in and goes away. Trying to address with Tuneboy but all depending could take a while. Figured I'd ask in case someone in here had one they could email to me. Please PM if so and I'll get you my email

We have a customer bike at my buds Dyno shop we are trying to correct. Preferably Version 6.7d is what we want. I'd even be willing to go back to Version 4.0 if someone had that worked.

This is a 1299 with Akro Slip on. Not the full system. Doesn't have tune and cruise license key. Need the tune only map.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks from ironbrad

Last edited by Electronut; Oct 20th 2019 at 06:50 PM.

Old Oct 20th 2019, 09:23 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Electronut View Post
Unfortunately the Tune Only maps for download on the Tuneboy website are corrupt. Cause surging in the idle and low rpm range for some reason when releasing clutch in 1st gear. I flash stock map back in and goes away. Trying to address with Tuneboy but all depending could take a while. Figured I'd ask in case someone in here had one they could email to me. Please PM if so and I'll get you my email

We have a customer bike at my buds Dyno shop we are trying to correct. Preferably Version 6.7d is what we want. I'd even be willing to go back to Version 4.0 if someone had that worked.

This is a 1299 with Akro Slip on. Not the full system. Doesn't have tune and cruise license key. Need the tune only map.

Any help is appreciated.
Have you tried just a another Trim file?
Old Oct 21st 2019, 04:16 AM   #3

Originally Posted by DStyleNZL View Post
Have you tried just a another Trim file?
Ruled out the problem and the issue are the tune only maps. Not the trim files. Happens without flashing a trim. Going back to stock it operates as it should.

Used the maps available that I could locate. Tried both the tune only Akro full system and slip on maps. Both are corrupt or something Wayne missed in developing the files which causes the surge issue. I can't load and try the tune and cruise maps since license key is a tune only key. Software prevents me from flashing.

I'm pretty good at using Tuneboy. Not the first Wayne released maps that didn't work as they should.

Last edited by Electronut; Oct 21st 2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 02:22 PM   #4

Ruled out the problem and the issue are the tune only maps. Not the trim files. Happens without flashing a trim. Going back to stock it operates as it should.

Used the maps available that I could locate. Tried both the tune only Akro full system and slip on maps. Both are corrupt or something Wayne missed in developing the files which causes the surge issue. I can't load and try the tune and cruise maps since license key is a tune only key. Software prevents me from flashing.

I'm pretty good at using Tuneboy. Not the first Wayne released maps that didn't work as they should.
Wait till you get the auto full throttle map special.

I might have some older files but not home till weekend to check. I delete my TB stuff when I switched to RB
Old Oct 21st 2019, 02:42 PM   #5

Wait till you get the auto full throttle map special.

I might have some older files but not home till weekend to check. I delete my TB stuff when I switched to RB
Thanks. Appreciate you checking and getting back. What's the story on that auto full throttle map special? Never heard of it.
Old Oct 21st 2019, 07:25 PM   #6

Thanks. Appreciate you checking and getting back. What's the story on that auto full throttle map special? Never heard of it.
Got given an updated map file to help with trying to get the QS working correctly, but soon as you changed into 6th it would auto apply full throttle and only way to stop was hold clutch and turn off bike.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 09:40 AM   #7

Got given an updated map file to help with trying to get the QS working correctly, but soon as you changed into 6th it would auto apply full throttle and only way to stop was hold clutch and turn off bike.
Whoa!
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 10:10 AM   #8

Whoa!
Fixed that for you
Thanks from Phl
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 12:51 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Tj Hunter View Post
Fixed that for you
LMAO! Thats perfect! Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 03:20 AM   #10

I Ride: Panigale S 1299
I'm not sure it's limited to the Tune Only maps. I flashed the Akro Slip-On Tune and Cruise file and my bike would not idle for long: low rough idle then stalls. I read this post and flashed the Stock Map back in and everything is perfect again. No other changes were involved - even the same tank of gas. I'm sticking with the Stock Map and maybe the Cruise Only applied over that.

Thanks to the original poster.

FWIW

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
akro, dat, file, map, share, slip, tune, tuneboy, working