Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Ducati 1299 Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 31st 2019, 10:50 PM   #1

I Ride: 2016 BMW S1000RR, 2015 BMW S1000R, 2015 Panigale 1299, 2011 HD Dyna
Fiber glass under tail belly pan extension?

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of a company besides carbottcomposites that makes a fiber glass belly pan extension for an under tail exhaust. My friend got his Vandemon exhaust on Monday from the person he ordered from on this forum ( He paid for it last Tuesday. Shipped from Australia last Thursday and he got it Monday). I ordered mine today and already got a Australian Post tracking #. Which means I should get it maybe Monday or Tuesday. We got his info from some other forum members.

Although Carbottcomposites makes a carbon and fiber glass belly pan extension for under tail exhausts. And its the least expensive even before a discount. The unit doesnt have the mounting points like the Shift tech or full six belly pan extension. Instead holes have to be drilled in the belly pan extension as well in the lower left and right fairings in order to attach it. If the holes arent aligned properly and not drilled precise then the Carbottcomposites belly pan extension can sit cockeyed, or too far back leaving a gap. Or too far forward which would overlap. And worst of all there would be holes in the lower fairings. And it also doesnt seem to come lined with heat absorbing material like the other two.

That being said. I know that the Shift Tech and Full Six carbon are may better quality and much easier to mount. Are there any companies that make fiber glass belly pan extensions that can be painted if we dont want to spend the extra money on carbon fiber ones?

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299

Tags
belly, extension, fiber, glass, pan, tail