Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati 959 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-959/)
-   -   959 Panigale Blip-Box (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-959/24988-959-panigale-blip-box.html)

jarelj Apr 22nd 2016 01:14 PM

959 Panigale Blip-Box

GREAT NEWS for 959 Panigale owners, the Blip Box downshift blipper for the 959 model is just about ready for prime time! We're expecting to have these available for delivery in the next few weeks, and there are listed on our web site for pre-orders now:

http://www.motospecialties.com/store...nshift Blipper

AntiHero Apr 25th 2016 02:08 PM

Hey Jarel,
I'm considering a blipbox for my 1199 (and see you have 'em on your site). I've got DP Rearsets set up for GP shift. Can I install the Blipbox pro normally or do I need the software to program the 'flip'? (I only have a Mac and would like to avoid having to purchase the software and a PC to run it on).

Thanks

Ljuice26 Apr 25th 2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiHero (Post 246958)
Hey Jarel,
I'm considering a blipbox for my 1199 (and see you have 'em on your site). I've got DP Rearsets set up for GP shift. Can I install the Blipbox pro normally or do I need the software to program the 'flip'? (I only have a Mac and would like to avoid having to purchase the software and a PC to run it on).

Thanks

I'm sure Jarel or Mick can program it for you before they ship.

jarelj Apr 26th 2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Hey Jarel,

Thanks

Yes, you specify on your order (or if you don't, we'll ask you before we ship it) which way you want it programmed. If you want to be able to change it yourself, or modify any of the other parameters, you can buy the optional programming cable as well.

DarR Apr 29th 2016 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarelj (Post 246624)
GREAT NEWS for 959 Panigale owners, the Blip Box downshift blipper for the 959 model is just about ready for prime time! We're expecting to have these available for delivery in the next few weeks, and there are listed on our web site for pre-orders now:

In order to have a clutch-less down-shift, does one have to purchase the blip box at US$99 in addition to the Blip box pro at US$999? How long does it take to install one of these? Can the job be performed by a layman or does one need to be a certified mechanic?

AntiHero Apr 29th 2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarR (Post 247443)
In order to have a clutch-less down-shift, does one have to purchase the blip box at US$99 in addition to the Blip box pro at US$999? How long does it take to install one of these? Can the job be performed by a layman or does one need to be a certified mechanic?

No. You just need the Blip Box. The $99 kit is what you need if you want to tune/program it yourself. And as Jarel said above, they can tweak it to your parameters prior to your order.

It's a 30 min. easy install. No cutting of wires involved.

JHTmcrider Apr 29th 2016 04:25 PM

Great news!

DarR May 1st 2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiHero (Post 247478)
No. You just need the Blip Box. The $99 kit is what you need if you want to tune/program it yourself. And as Jarel said above, they can tweak it to your parameters prior to your order.

It's a 30 min. easy install. No cutting of wires involved.

Ok, if the Blip Box at $99 is sufficient to obtains clutch-less down-shift on a 959, what's the purpose of the $999 Blip Box Pro?

shin May 10th 2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarR (Post 247654)
Ok, if the Blip Box at $99 is sufficient to obtains clutch-less down-shift on a 959, what's the purpose of the $999 Blip Box Pro?

I was reading the website with the blip box pro you wouldent have to touch your cluch lever you can just step on shifter and it auto down shift for you. However, for the blip box you would need to engage your cluch lever the blip box would Rev up for u and u down shift[emoji2] [emoji2] hopefully this helps

Quote:

Hey Jarel,

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

jarelj May 10th 2016 05:51 PM

The $99 kit is the kit to program your own settings in the Blip Box Pro. You need the Blip Box Pro to do clutchless downshifts, and they are available now.