Ducati 959 Ducati 959 Forum - Ducati 959 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

Thanks Tree4Thanks
  • 2 Post By Ljuice26
  • 1 Post By shin
  • 1 Post By jarelj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 02:14 PM   #1
Site Sponsor

I Ride: Shopping for a new track bike...
959 Panigale Blip-Box

GREAT NEWS for 959 Panigale owners, the Blip Box downshift blipper for the 959 model is just about ready for prime time! We're expecting to have these available for delivery in the next few weeks, and there are listed on our web site for pre-orders now:

http://www.motospecialties.com/store...nshift Blipper

Old Apr 25th 2016, 03:08 PM   #2

Hey Jarel,
I'm considering a blipbox for my 1199 (and see you have 'em on your site). I've got DP Rearsets set up for GP shift. Can I install the Blipbox pro normally or do I need the software to program the 'flip'? (I only have a Mac and would like to avoid having to purchase the software and a PC to run it on).

Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2016, 04:48 PM   #3

I Ride: 1199
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Hey Jarel,
I'm considering a blipbox for my 1199 (and see you have 'em on your site). I've got DP Rearsets set up for GP shift. Can I install the Blipbox pro normally or do I need the software to program the 'flip'? (I only have a Mac and would like to avoid having to purchase the software and a PC to run it on).

Thanks
I'm sure Jarel or Mick can program it for you before they ship.
Thanks from AntiHero and jarelj
Old Apr 26th 2016, 07:43 PM   #4
Site Sponsor

Hey Jarel,

Thanks
Yes, you specify on your order (or if you don't, we'll ask you before we ship it) which way you want it programmed. If you want to be able to change it yourself, or modify any of the other parameters, you can buy the optional programming cable as well.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 05:58 AM   #5

Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
GREAT NEWS for 959 Panigale owners, the Blip Box downshift blipper for the 959 model is just about ready for prime time! We're expecting to have these available for delivery in the next few weeks, and there are listed on our web site for pre-orders now:
In order to have a clutch-less down-shift, does one have to purchase the blip box at US$99 in addition to the Blip box pro at US$999? How long does it take to install one of these? Can the job be performed by a layman or does one need to be a certified mechanic?
Old Apr 29th 2016, 09:46 AM   #6

Originally Posted by DarR View Post
In order to have a clutch-less down-shift, does one have to purchase the blip box at US$99 in addition to the Blip box pro at US$999? How long does it take to install one of these? Can the job be performed by a layman or does one need to be a certified mechanic?
No. You just need the Blip Box. The $99 kit is what you need if you want to tune/program it yourself. And as Jarel said above, they can tweak it to your parameters prior to your order.

It's a 30 min. easy install. No cutting of wires involved.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 05:25 PM   #7

I Ride: 2014 1199S
Great news!
Old May 1st 2016, 11:40 AM   #8

No. You just need the Blip Box. The $99 kit is what you need if you want to tune/program it yourself. And as Jarel said above, they can tweak it to your parameters prior to your order.

It's a 30 min. easy install. No cutting of wires involved.
Ok, if the Blip Box at $99 is sufficient to obtains clutch-less down-shift on a 959, what's the purpose of the $999 Blip Box Pro?
Old May 10th 2016, 01:58 PM   #9

I Ride: Ducati 1199s
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
Ok, if the Blip Box at $99 is sufficient to obtains clutch-less down-shift on a 959, what's the purpose of the $999 Blip Box Pro?
I was reading the website with the blip box pro you wouldent have to touch your cluch lever you can just step on shifter and it auto down shift for you. However, for the blip box you would need to engage your cluch lever the blip box would Rev up for u and u down shift hopefully this helps

Hey Jarel,

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks from DarR
Old May 10th 2016, 06:51 PM   #10
Site Sponsor

The $99 kit is the kit to program your own settings in the Blip Box Pro. You need the Blip Box Pro to do clutchless downshifts, and they are available now.
Thanks from DarR

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299 > Ducati 959

Tags
959, blipbox, panigale

Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.