Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299 > Ducati 959

Ducati 959 Ducati 959 Forum - Ducati 959 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 17th 2018, 05:10 AM   #1

Can someone tell me WHERE the SAIS is located?

Been looking everywhere. Had the bike on the dyno yesterday to see back to back results with both the stock map, and the BrenTune map I bought... One thing I forgot to do was disable the SAIS/PAIR or whatever Ducati calls it.

Typically, I unplug the hose from the airbox, and stuff a greased marble into it and connect it back up, thus 100% blocking it, but making it easy to undo if I had to take it in for warranty work or something.

Because I didn't do that, my AFR under 6000rpm was like 25-30... LOL

Obviously that was way off, as an AFR in that range wouldn't be combustable. As we did the dyno runs, you could see the AFR pop back down at 6,000rpm when the valve closes, giving us more accurate readings.

Wasn't happy with the Brentune map, as it made less HP and TQ than stock, but I am gonna reach out to Chris today and see if he has any ideas.

Bike made about 133hp at the wheel with the stock map, and 129hp with the BrenTune flash...

Bike is bone stock, stock exhaust, only mods are a +3 rear sprocket(because the front is such a PITA to change), a 2 link longer gold chain(to keep stock wheelbase with larger rear sprocket), and a SPrint high flow air filter.

I just need to know where that SAIS hose is located, so that I can stuff a marble or something in it either before the valve, or after the valve but before it splits in a "T" to each exhaust manifold. I have searched and searched and can't find a pic or diagram showing me where it is and I don't want to just tear things apart looking for it...

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Old Dec 17th 2018, 10:15 AM   #2

If the pic I have that has the shock in view is the AIS going into the head and where a blockoff plate would be installed, I followed that hose up and it appears to attach to something on the bottom of the right hand side of the airbox, maybe 5 inches from the back of the box...

I snapped a pic of that and circled it in red. Is that hole, that I plugged with a screw in type of expanding rubber plug, the air inlet for the AIS motor/valve? If so, simply blocking it would disable it... I mean the motor might still be working and opening and closing, but if the inlet is blocked, then it won't be dumping air into the exhaust manifold and throwing off my AFR readings on the dyno, right?

Won't hurt anything to disable that even on a stock bike, as that is just there for emissions, to make the bike appear to be running leaner than it is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0154.JPG (69.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0153.JPG (73.1 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by SquireSCA; Dec 17th 2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old Dec 17th 2018, 09:53 PM   #3

I Ride: 1299s 2016 with Evo update and 1199s 2012 'project' bike
https://smartmoto-electronics.gr/manuals.php

i bought a small kit from this guy, and he has some how to videos in regards to where the system is placed etc
Old Dec 18th 2018, 04:21 AM   #4

Ok, cool, looks like I plugged the right hose. I left all the hoses and the motor intact, I just plugged the hole in the airbox.

Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299 > Ducati 959

Tags
located, sais