Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299 > Ducati 959

Ducati 959 Ducati 959 Forum - Ducati 959 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26th 2019, 05:57 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: Lakewood, WA

Posts: 15
Thanks: 0

Best auto blip for 959?

I am going to add an auto blipper. From you personal experience, whats the best one to get? Thanks
matter is offline  
 
Old May 26th 2019, 06:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
double0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Los Angeles

Posts: 2,507
Thanks: 1530

I Ride: 2013 Panigale White, 2017 MV Agusta Dragster RC #108
BSD Blip Box Pro

/Thread
double0 is offline  
Old May 26th 2019, 11:02 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 555
Thanks: 177

Originally Posted by double0 View Post
BSD Blip Box Pro

/Thread
you can buy a Rapid bike race with the up/down quickshift unit for alot less than a Blipbox.

..or woolich racing
DStyleNZL is offline  
Old May 26th 2019, 11:58 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2018
From: India

Posts: 7
Thanks: 2

I have the Rapide Bike Race with the up/down shift assist installed and would highly recommend that. You can change the shift assist settings such as sensitivity and the blip times from the master software. Also the customer support is very good.
bikepotato is offline  
Old May 27th 2019, 12:16 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 1,114
Thanks: 378

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
I had a blip box pro on my 1199 and loved it, trying the rapidbike shift assist this time for the 899 and I've heard very good reports of it I'm just waiting for it to arrive to fit up.
able duc is offline  
Old May 27th 2019, 11:01 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: Lakewood, WA

Posts: 15
Thanks: 0

I should state this is for a track only bike.

Can't you just add auto blip software to the ECU? The ECU is already controlling all the functions of auto blip anyway, isn't it?

Last edited by matter; May 27th 2019 at 11:05 PM.
matter is offline  
Old May 28th 2019, 12:08 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 555
Thanks: 177

Originally Posted by matter View Post
I should state this is for a track only bike.

Can't you just add auto blip software to the ECU? The ECU is already controlling all the functions of auto blip anyway, isn't it?
not OEM ducati stuff but Tuneboy, Woolich racing etc do reflash which you can have your shifting.

If track bike then having a tune will also help......
Thanks from matter
DStyleNZL is offline  
Old May 30th 2019, 03:40 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2019
From: Ohio

Posts: 3
Thanks: 0

Has anyone had any experience with the IRC blipper?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BoredBob is offline  
Old May 31st 2019, 08:09 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: Lakewood, WA

Posts: 15
Thanks: 0

Originally Posted by BoredBob View Post
Has anyone had any experience with the IRC blipper?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wondering the same thing about the IRC. There are several top shelf blippers on the market and its hard to tell the difference re performance, functionality, reliability between RapidBike, BlipBox and IRC. The main difference with Rapidbike seems to be their EVO fuel management module which you have to have to get the blipper (its not a standalone, you have to have both) They say the deal with RapidBike is that it is "auto adaptive" constantly changing fueling depending on the variables they have selected for. Maybe thats a good thing, a great thing or just a thing. I don't know.
matter is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2019, 01:19 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 555
Thanks: 177

Originally Posted by matter View Post
wondering the same thing about the IRC. There are several top shelf blippers on the market and its hard to tell the difference re performance, functionality, reliability between RapidBike, BlipBox and IRC. The main difference with Rapidbike seems to be their EVO fuel management module which you have to have to get the blipper (its not a standalone, you have to have both) They say the deal with RapidBike is that it is "auto adaptive" constantly changing fueling depending on the variables they have selected for. Maybe thats a good thing, a great thing or just a thing. I don't know.
I knkw out of the box the RB one (yes i already had RB module) was very good. Do the setupon the laptop, adjust a few things on personal preference and its been great. Even with a gearing change.
Other hand Tuneboy took alot of playing with and it was mever as good out of the box as RB.

People Rave about the Blipbox, but at $1400aud jyst for this is way too much. Tbe RB Pro with the shift assit was only $1000aud.
Thanks from able duc, BoredBob and matter
DStyleNZL is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1299 > Ducati 959

Tags
959, auto, blip



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1299 - Quick Shift/Auto-blip Issue DLIT Mechanical and Technical 2 Jan 20th 2018 06:07 AM
Tuneboy auto blip downshift not working kaido Ducati 1199 1 Jun 6th 2017 10:58 AM
Auto blipper not auto blipping Lanark Ducati 1299 9 Apr 7th 2017 04:45 AM
For Sale: BSD Blip Box PRO (NIB) bjorgens Classifieds 6 Dec 3rd 2015 03:59 AM
Anyone have issues with tuneboy auto-blip? kaido Ducati 1199 4 Dec 2nd 2015 05:27 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed