Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati Monster (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-monster/)
-   -   New 821 (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-monster/17394-new-821-a.html)

Stw Mar 25th 2014 03:59 PM

New 821
 
Ducati World Exclusive 1: 821cc Monster spotted | Bike Social

Prince Albert Mar 25th 2014 08:44 PM

what will they do when all the numbers have been exhausted?

IL MOSTRO Mar 26th 2014 01:47 AM

Just another monster

esmirna8261980 Mar 29th 2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Albert (Post 148929)
what will they do when all the numbers have been exhausted?

they will make the Superleggera and sell you the same shit with different smell:D

BusaDuc Mar 29th 2014 01:51 PM

Do you think we will see double swing arm on the superbikes next?

Brad Mar 29th 2014 10:04 PM

Good question;)

In the pursuit of ever increasing weight savings, it's ultimately a logical progression.

It will all come down to somebody of great importance in WSB and SS, coming to the conclusion that there's more practical advantage in having a DSSA.
And or a switch to more exotic/lighter materials for the swing arm.

JeffD Mar 29th 2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 149505)
Good question;)

In the pursuit of ever increasing weight savings, it's ultimately a logical progression.

It will all come down to somebody of great importance in WSB and SS, coming to the conclusion that there's more practical advantage in having a DSSA.
And or a switch to more exotic/lighter materials for the swing arm.

Brad - were you not around for the fiasco that was the 999? What you said was exactly designer Pierre Terblanche's rationale for the DSS on the 999. That, among other things caused a huge backlash against the company and the 1098 went right back to where Massimo Tamburini started with the 916...

Brad Mar 30th 2014 03:59 AM

I think I was riding a Honda 750 VFR back around then.
I loved that bike with it's SSSA.

Sadly I didn't have much interest in the DUCAT's at the time, as my interest in DUCATI's up to that point of my life was limited to pre 1978.

JeffD Mar 30th 2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 149523)
I think I was riding a Honda 750 VFR back around then.
I loved that bike with it's SSSA.

Sadly I didn't have much interest in the DUCAT's at the time, as my interest in DUCATI's up to that point of my life was limited to pre 1978.

I don't know what happened to Honda. They used to be so cool with some of the best innovation. I wanted an RC-30 so badly, that bike was the shit back then.

Brad Mar 30th 2014 01:33 PM

That's alright.

It doesn't matter anymore.
Because these latest DUCATI'S are the shit now:D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Copyright © 2011-2018 Ducati Forum. All rights reserved.