Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Forum > Ducati Multistrada

Ducati Multistrada Ducati Multistrada Forum


Thanks Tree15Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 30th 2013, 10:55 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Castor Troy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Tampa Bay area

Posts: 415
Thanks: 101

I Ride: '14 ZX10R ABS/'12 Panigale S w/ABS
And how about the sound of that thing, great ain't it?

Looks great so far, I love the PP scheme! Those chicken feet rims look kinda weird on it, it is more at home on a Pani IMHO.
Castor Troy is offline  
 
Old Mar 31st 2013, 07:21 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
bronch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Tacoma, WA

Posts: 1,320
Thanks: 262

I Ride: '13 MTS PP
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
And how about the sound of that thing, great ain't it?

Looks great so far, I love the PP scheme! Those chicken feet rims look kinda weird...
Sounds really good, much better than stock, but not too loud for longer rides. Yeah, it's a great looking bike, I don't mind the wheels. Until you mentioned it, I actually liked them and didn't give it a thought. Thanks A-hole!

It's really a great second bike to the pani, quite different. Took me a little while to get used to the throttle there's a lot more play it seems.
bronch is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2013, 06:52 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Castor Troy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Tampa Bay area

Posts: 415
Thanks: 101

I Ride: '14 ZX10R ABS/'12 Panigale S w/ABS
Hahahaha, they look fine on a Pani but a tad strange on the Multi. It is very weird to have that much power and sit up straight at the same time. Any plans of getting the suspension dialed in and swapping in PR3s?
Castor Troy is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2013, 07:21 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
PannyofDoom's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Seattle, WA

Posts: 246
Thanks: 10

I Ride: 1199 Tricolore (of DOOM)
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
Hahahaha, they look fine on a Pani but a tad strange on the Multi. It is very weird to have that much power and sit up straight at the same time. Any plans of getting the suspension dialed in and swapping in PR3s?
This is what I'm waiting to hear about!

I'm 6'6" 270lb, and I'd like to 2up on an MTS, but I'm not sure how easy it is to respring/valve the DSS.
Thanks from Castor Troy
PannyofDoom is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2013, 07:24 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,836
Thanks: 1072

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by PannyofDoom View Post
This is what I'm waiting to hear about!

I'm 6'6" 270lb, and I'd like to 2up on an MTS, but I'm not sure how easy it is to respring/valve the DSS.
You sir are a big man. How do you fit in Pani?
youngR is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2013, 07:31 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
bronch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Tacoma, WA

Posts: 1,320
Thanks: 262

I Ride: '13 MTS PP
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
Hahahaha, they look fine on a Pani but a tad strange on the Multi. It is very weird to have that much power and sit up straight at the same time. Any plans of getting the suspension dialed in and swapping in PR3s?
Yes to both. So, far I don't mind the scorpions. The grip pretty good. I have heard they're a little fragile. What's your experience with the PR3's? I love how this bike handles and I'd hate to trade that off for a pure touring tire.

I'm getting the suspension set up at a place called KFG. They were pretty confident about revalving and changing the spring, I may just get a basic set up first. I went there this weekend, but they were in the middle of moving and the place was torn up.
bronch is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2013, 07:34 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
bronch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Tacoma, WA

Posts: 1,320
Thanks: 262

I Ride: '13 MTS PP
Originally Posted by PannyofDoom View Post
This is what I'm waiting to hear about!

I'm 6'6" 270lb, and I'd like to 2up on an MTS, but I'm not sure how easy it is to respring/valve the DSS.
Hey Panny, what's up? Great weekend here for riding...

So, Barry at KFG said they could set up the MTS, no problem. For your size and a passenger?? Who knows, I bet they can get it pretty close.
bronch is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2013, 06:20 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Castor Troy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Tampa Bay area

Posts: 415
Thanks: 101

I Ride: '14 ZX10R ABS/'12 Panigale S w/ABS
Originally Posted by bronch View Post
Yes to both. So, far I don't mind the scorpions. The grip pretty good. I have heard they're a little fragile. What's your experience with the PR3's? I love how this bike handles and I'd hate to trade that off for a pure touring tire.

I'm getting the suspension set up at a place called KFG. They were pretty confident about revalving and changing the spring, I may just get a basic set up first. I went there this weekend, but they were in the middle of moving and the place was torn up.
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the PR3s, no faults at all. I read about some lad on ZX10R who did a few sessions on a track with them on, no grip issues. If it is good enough to hold it's own on a track, should be good enough to roam around for you with no issues. Them scorpions just do not come across as tires that I would trust with mine or my GF's life. PR3s does possess that sporty feel to 'em, you won't even notice. Don't you need a tire with good drainage for all that all year round rain ?

Why not just tune the bits to your weight/height and adjust fire from there? I know re-valving is a great thing, but might not be necessary just yet. That is my 2 pennies and my 2 pennies only.

Last edited by Castor Troy; Apr 1st 2013 at 06:22 PM.
Castor Troy is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2013, 08:20 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
bronch's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: Tacoma, WA

Posts: 1,320
Thanks: 262

I Ride: '13 MTS PP
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the PR3s, no faults at all.

Don't you need a tire with good drainage for all that all year round rain ?

Why not just tune the bits to your weight/height and adjust fire from there?.
Good to hear, I don't need a track tire, but there are some touring tires that are less convex. I also like the idea of a dual compound like the PR3s. They'll be my next purchase. I don't quite feel the same as you about them, so I plan a little more wear.

With regards to suspension all I'm having them do is set up for my weight. I was just mentioning the revolve/respring for panny.
bronch is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2013, 06:49 PM   #50
Junior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Ohio

Posts: 9
Thanks: 3

Nice rides!
Thanks from bronch
Rdaglock is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Forum > Ducati Multistrada

Tags
2013, mts, owner



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Panigale Owner Rockape1971 New Users 9 Jun 13th 2013 12:26 PM
Future Duc owner Rink New Users 5 Jan 23rd 2013 06:52 PM
New Owner....Its been torture so far! ShakeNBake1199 Ducati 1199 16 Oct 15th 2012 08:12 AM
First time DUC owner Riteaid New Users 3 Aug 22nd 2012 01:38 PM
New Soon To Be Owner NorthBankGooner New Users 3 Jul 29th 2012 12:58 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed