Ducati Forum

Ducati Forum (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-forum.php)
-   Ducati Streetfighter (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-streetfighter/)
-   -   New Addition to my garage (http://ducatiforum.com/ducati-streetfighter/27679-new-addition-my-garage.html)

youngR Feb 6th 2017 08:46 AM

New Addition to my garage
 
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...27&oe=59056E14

2012 StreetFigther 848!

My close friend basically gave me the SF848 because he wasn't riding it...it has 2000 miles on it (300 miles was by me when I borrowed it for track few months back).

Excited that I am able to ride for commute and canyons.

I like to add few aftermarket parts on it.

I completed Brake and Clutch bleed flush, dust off / cleaning, and air in the tires - still need to do Oil change

For aftermarket parts in the future:
Sato Rear Sets (GP shift)
Quick Shifter
Levers
Grip
Seat (lower it) - its pretty tall and higher than Panigale
Tank bag
Exhaust - Akra? Termi?
Cosmetic Stuff

BigBoost Feb 6th 2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngR (Post 272625)
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...27&oe=59056E14

2012 StreetFigther 848!

My close friend basically gave me the SF848 because he wasn't riding it...it has 2000 miles on it (300 miles was by me when I borrowed it for track few months back).

Excited that I am able to ride for commute and canyons.

I like to add few aftermarket parts on it.

I completed Brake and Clutch bleed flush, dust off / cleaning, and air in the tires - still need to do Oil change

For aftermarket parts in the future:
Sato Rear Sets (GP shift)
Quick Shifter
Levers
Grip
Seat (lower it) - its pretty tall and higher than Panigale
Tank bag
Exhaust - Akra? Termi?
Cosmetic Stuff

Congrat's!!!!! That is awesome

HarmonyJim Feb 6th 2017 09:00 AM

You might want to consider some new tires. If these are the originals, they were likely installed in 2011. That is beginning to get pretty old.

youngR Feb 6th 2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarmonyJim (Post 272630)
You might want to consider some new tires. If these are the originals, they were likely installed in 2011. That is beginning to get pretty old.

Fore sure. He had a flat tire ( I think only rear) and changed them out but I need to ask him more details.

Good reminder. Thanks!

Gecko Feb 6th 2017 09:35 AM

Super cool!!
I'm currently working on a friends SF 848 on the weekends, and I love this bike. Very easy to ride and to work on it. I love it.
Last thing we did was putting an undertail exhaust to it. Looks awesome on this bike.

Congrats!

Another funny mod we did was putting a Panigale hub and wheels on it :)

b9009b Feb 6th 2017 09:39 AM

Nice grab dude.. Pani relegated to track duty?

youngR Feb 6th 2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b9009b (Post 272642)
Nice grab dude.. Pani relegated to track duty?

Thanks!

I go to the track about once a month (taking advantage of living in California while I'm here) so currently I just use the Pani for the track and trying get fast and safe enough to be A group rider.

Where I go to school/work is only 5-10 mins away so riding a Pani is more pain than what is worth. :D

youngR Feb 6th 2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko (Post 272639)
Super cool!!
I'm currently working on a friends SF 848 on the weekends, and I love this bike. Very easy to ride and to work on it. I love it.
Last thing we did was putting an undertail exhaust to it. Looks awesome on this bike.

Congrats!

Another funny mod we did was putting a Panigale hub and wheels on it :)

Thanks! Yeah, I think because of no fairings and everything in the open, I feel the same way and easier to work on it. :D

Interesting about the undertail exhaust. hmmm.

Gecko Feb 6th 2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngR (Post 272650)
Thanks! Yeah, I think because of no fairings and everything in the open, I feel the same way and easier to work on it. :D

Interesting about the undertail exhaust. hmmm.

The lad I am helping with his bike is still in his apprenticeship. So there is no money at all and we have to find ways the pimp his bike with 2nd hand parts he finds (but are not really 848 OEM).

For the exhaust: I had to manufacture some Aluminium parts to reduce diameter for his exhaust, but it looks cool. Clip-On handlebars is another thing that makes this bike look even cooler! I make some pictures for you...

youngR Feb 6th 2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gecko (Post 272652)
The lad I am helping with his bike is still in his apprenticeship. So there is no money at all and we have to find ways the pimp his bike with 2nd hand parts he finds (but are not really 848 OEM).

For the exhaust: I had to manufacture some Aluminium parts to reduce diameter for his exhaust, but it looks cool. Clip-On handlebars is another thing that makes this bike look even cooler! I make some pictures for you...

Please do. Not many photos of custom SF in the internet as they are older now. I remember your wife's Monster that looked really good!

He is lucky to have you around to make custom stuff. :cool::D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Copyright © 2011-2018 Ducati Forum. All rights reserved.