Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199 > Ducati Superleggera

Ducati Superleggera Ducati Superleggera Forum - Ducati Superleggera Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree15Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 5th 2014, 05:30 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Akillya's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Canada

Posts: 162
Thanks: 128

I Ride: Ducati 1199 SL, 1199RS, 1199R, 1199s
1199SL track bike project

I haven't actually picked up my bike from Ducati Omama ( because I have a broken leg) but I have started to order parts for the SL to make it a track bike. Here's what I got so far.

Desmo Veloce Corse radiator and oil cooler
Desmo Veloce Kevlar fuel cell
Desmo Veloce billet shock mount, collar and ride height adjustor
Desmo Veloce race body with oversized air intakes
MWR oversized air intake and aluminum front fairing support
Full Six monocoque rear subframe/seat
Galfer Superbike rotors
Rizoma Rear Sets
Custom Graphics by SRS Sign Design
Desmo Veloce quick change front wheel kit
Robby Moto adjustable triple trees
Ohlins GP TTX shock, custom valved by Jon Cornwell, 1.05 spring
Ohlins FGRT 214 Forks 30mm cartridges, custom valving, machined bottoms. 1.0 .95 springs


Considering BST wheels
Thanks from AntiHero and CaliDuc

Last edited by Akillya; Jun 5th 2014 at 05:45 AM.
Akillya is offline  
 
Old Jun 5th 2014, 05:45 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
moto voodoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2014
From: Missouri

Posts: 4
Thanks: 0




Can't wait to see the pics!
moto voodoo is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2014, 06:35 AM   #3
Site Sponsor
 
jarelj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Omaha, NE USA

Posts: 1,882
Thanks: 1799

I Ride: Shopping for a new track bike...
Originally Posted by Akillya View Post
Considering BST wheels
Of course, why not, everything else is as light as possible might as well go all the way! Can't wait to see what this thing weighs when it's all done, it's going to be stupid!
jarelj is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2014, 07:01 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Virginia

Posts: 1,761
Thanks: 439

I Ride: 1199R 1199R 1199S
its never enough nice choices!
zohsix01 is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2014, 08:19 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
bikenamenumber's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: San Diego

Posts: 275
Thanks: 179

I Ride: 2013 1199 ABS
Funny how most of the parts you are buying are worth less than the parts they are replacing.

What do you want for the wheels?
bikenamenumber is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2014, 08:31 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2013
From: Lake Mary, FL

Posts: 1,818
Thanks: 875

Originally Posted by Akillya View Post
Considering BST wheels
Might as well consider the RotoBox RBX2 CF wheels, they are a verified 1.2 pounds lighter than the BST set for the 1199 (on my local shop's digital scale, not just Bellissimoto's). I know, I know, they're ugly as sin to some but if you're going for the utmost light weight they're the clear choice. Plus the weight distribution of CF wheels should be significantly closer to the hub so the advantage over the magnesium wheels should be noticeable.

Then I'd go with composite matrix rotors with all Ti hardware for the second most reduction in rotating mass (at least 4 more pounds).

Damn, that should be one sweet-steering machine...

Last edited by JeffD; Jun 5th 2014 at 08:34 AM.
JeffD is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2014, 09:09 AM   #7
Mig
Senior Member
 
Mig's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Portugal

Posts: 223
Thanks: 68

I Ride: Panigale 1199R
This is going to be good...
Mig is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2014, 09:16 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Akillya's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Canada

Posts: 162
Thanks: 128

I Ride: Ducati 1199 SL, 1199RS, 1199R, 1199s
Originally Posted by jarelj View Post
Of course, why not, everything else is as light as possible might as well go all the way! Can't wait to see what this thing weighs when it's all done, it's going to be stupid!
I figure the stuff I am replacing is going to weigh more than the stuff I am taking off so I might need to put wheels on. Plus Jarel's bike with the BST wheels pissed me off with its killer quick turn in!!!!
Akillya is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Akillya's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Canada

Posts: 162
Thanks: 128

I Ride: Ducati 1199 SL, 1199RS, 1199R, 1199s
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
Might as well consider the RotoBox RBX2 CF wheels, they are a verified 1.2 pounds lighter than the BST set for the 1199 (on my local shop's digital scale, not just Bellissimoto's). I know, I know, they're ugly as sin to some but if you're going for the utmost light weight they're the clear choice. Plus the weight distribution of CF wheels should be significantly closer to the hub so the advantage over the magnesium wheels should be noticeable.

Then I'd go with composite matrix rotors with all Ti hardware for the second most reduction in rotating mass (at least 4 more pounds).

Damn, that should be one sweet-steering machine...
Arrrrrgggg I guess I am a slave to fashion but DAMN those wheels are ugly so they cant go on! I have to use Galfer rotors because they sponsor the team! Plus they work great! Really Really Great!

Last edited by Akillya; Jun 5th 2014 at 09:22 AM.
Akillya is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2014, 09:20 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Akillya's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
From: Canada

Posts: 162
Thanks: 128

I Ride: Ducati 1199 SL, 1199RS, 1199R, 1199s
Originally Posted by bikenamenumber View Post
Funny how most of the parts you are buying are worth less than the parts they are replacing.

What do you want for the wheels?
Not selling anything, putting all the parts in storage so my kid can have it when I am dead.
Thanks from bradp51 and quackquack
Akillya is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199 > Ducati Superleggera

Tags
1199sl, bike, project, track



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 1199R track bike project kope999R Ducati 1199 352 May 15th 2015 07:19 AM
899 Track Bike jarelj Ducati 899 104 Nov 13th 2014 05:38 PM
Bought this 636 as my wife's learner bike/future track bike. jduc1215 Motorcycle Talk 21 Jun 18th 2014 08:15 PM
Ohlins on 1199SL hawaiiduc Mechanical and Technical 3 Oct 15th 2013 12:52 PM
Track Bike Project Troymk Ducati 1199 7 May 29th 2013 11:04 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed