Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199 > Ducati Superleggera

Ducati Superleggera Ducati Superleggera Forum - Ducati Superleggera Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree12Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 25th 2018, 01:16 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
tyguidry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
From: Southeast Wa

Posts: 102
Thanks: 22

I Ride: 1199S Tri
Originally Posted by AndreiD View Post
LMAOO

That is a good one! Buy 2 &#128514))
Consider the saying; if you can't buy it twice, you can't afford it.
tyguidry is offline  
 
Old Nov 26th 2018, 07:43 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Washington

Posts: 500
Thanks: 120

I Ride: 2013 1199R, 2018 1299FE, & 2015 Panigale R (& 2 HDs)
You're asking everyone to look in a crystal ball. I don't recommend it; I would do it if I thought there was a good chance of getting just most of my investment back. But I would be riding it occasionally too and at least once on the track. I just wouldn't ride it at 90-100% pace. It's very difficult to sell expensive sportbikes unless you practically give them away.
SuperDuc29 is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2018, 08:00 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
ryanfavro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
From: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 177
Thanks: 156

I Ride: 1299 Panigale S, 1199 Panigale S, 848 EVO, 1299 Superleggera
Terrible momentary investment
Excellent go fast investment
Thanks from able duc
ryanfavro is online now  
Old Nov 26th 2018, 09:15 AM   #14
Member
 
1299rFE's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Sheldon, Vermont

Posts: 99
Thanks: 39

I Ride: 2015 Panigale R and 2018 1299rFE
I had the same question when I looked into buying the FE.
I bought it, it sat in my garage all ridged winter.
I was not going to run it on the road nor the track.
Then I realized it doesn't really matter. Why sit on such an amazing machine and not enjoy it. I've spent hard earned money on less practical things than a smile, an opportunity and joy. Hell I had a marriage last 3 weeks and lost almost 30k.
IF you want to enjoy something exclusive buy it and ride it. Don't buy it because you think it will be worth 400k one day. In reality, it probably won't be.
I ride my FE at 70% of my pace on the track. I enjoy the bike for what it is, the pinnacle of what a L2 can be.
Thanks from SuperDuc29, able duc and KarlKani
1299rFE is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2018, 12:01 PM   #15
Member
 
Joined: Sep 2018
From: Europe

Posts: 75
Thanks: 9

I Ride: 2012 BMW K1300R special edition, 2019 Panigale V4 Speciale and a Vespa GTS 300 Super
Originally Posted by SuperDuc29 View Post
You're asking everyone to look in a crystal ball. I don't recommend it; I would do it if I thought there was a good chance of getting just most of my investment back. But I would be riding it occasionally too and at least once on the track. I just wouldn't ride it at 90-100% pace. It's very difficult to sell expensive sportbikes unless you practically give them away.
I was only trying to see how everybody thinks and their input / preference. Not crystal ball things.

Originally Posted by tyguidry View Post
Consider the saying; if you can't buy it twice, you can't afford it.
Well I can afford it twice and many other things but I donít buy the same T-shirt twice let alone an expensive thrill. There is no point in that.

Originally Posted by 1299rFE View Post
I had the same question when I looked into buying the FE.
I bought it, it sat in my garage all ridged winter.
I was not going to run it on the road nor the track.
Then I realized it doesn't really matter. Why sit on such an amazing machine and not enjoy it. I've spent hard earned money on less practical things than a smile, an opportunity and joy. Hell I had a marriage last 3 weeks and lost almost 30k.
IF you want to enjoy something exclusive buy it and ride it. Don't buy it because you think it will be worth 400k one day. In reality, it probably won't be.
I ride my FE at 70% of my pace on the track. I enjoy the bike for what it is, the pinnacle of what a L2 can be.

Duly noted and a well thought advice.
AndreiD is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati 1199 > Ducati Superleggera

Tags
1299, good, investment



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking good AG6 Ducati 1199 2 Sep 25th 2015 10:12 AM
1299 wasnt good enough, so i traded up duckyduc Ducati 1299 24 Jul 8th 2015 03:24 PM
Not looking to good for the H2 carnivor32 Ducati 1299 17 May 2nd 2015 11:45 PM
Still looks good to me Prince Albert Motorcycle Talk 39 Dec 25th 2014 07:35 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed