Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree77Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 30th 2017, 10:43 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 980

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by jyli19 View Post
Do it ! Do it ! Do it !
Don't let all the old hags on some internet forum tell you what to do with your money.


Think of it this way, if you have a chance to date the hottest girls in your state, but you know she's a little bit naughty. Your mom and everyone else thinks you should be dates this average down to earth girl from Church. The naughty one could turn out to be super nice, but the Church girl could be a crackhead.

You make $35k now, but you may make executive at 29 and banking $350k. The Duc V4 could turn out to be shit and you wish you had your old R6 back. In real life, there are no guarantees.

Unless you're skip out on child support, or having a sick mother with hospital bills pilling up. Just go live it.
you sound like about his age...maybe even younger.

It was him who came to the "internet forum" and asked "what to do with his money."

Last edited by youngR; Nov 30th 2017 at 10:46 AM.
youngR is offline  
 
Old Nov 30th 2017, 05:56 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: So-Cal

Posts: 927
Thanks: 181

Originally Posted by youngR View Post
you sound like about his age...maybe even younger.

It was him who came to the "internet forum" and asked "what to do with his money."
I had my Panigale for 5 years, that would mean I bought at 17. Haha, i wish i could say that, either i am a spoiled trust fund kid, or some racing protege with a big sponsor.

Truth be told, I saved up $15k from my first job to buy a 999, passed it up. I wish i hadn't, cuz that money was wasted else anyway. At 22, your earning power will likely increase, so if someone's halfway responsible, i say go live it to the fullest.
Thanks from Peach
jyli19 is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2017, 06:06 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
youngR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: USA

Posts: 2,670
Thanks: 980

I Ride: Panigale R | Streetfigther 848
Originally Posted by jyli19 View Post
I had my Panigale for 5 years, that would mean I bought at 17. Haha, i wish i could say that, either i am a spoiled trust fund kid, or some racing protege with a big sponsor.

Truth be told, I saved up $15k from my first job to buy a 999, passed it up. I wish i hadn't, cuz that money was wasted else anyway. At 22, your earning power will likely increase, so if someone's halfway responsible, i say go live it to the fullest.
I see your point there about wasting money onto something else.
youngR is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2017, 07:03 PM   #74
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: California

Posts: 32
Thanks: 7

Originally Posted by jyli19 View Post
I had my Panigale for 5 years, that would mean I bought at 17. Haha, i wish i could say that, either i am a spoiled trust fund kid, or some racing protege with a big sponsor.

Truth be told, I saved up $15k from my first job to buy a 999, passed it up. I wish i hadn't, cuz that money was wasted else anyway. At 22, your earning power will likely increase, so if someone's halfway responsible, i say go live it to the fullest.
I really don't have any other passions. I used to be really into cars when i was younger. That was until i sat on a bike for the first time... why spend so much on a car when i could buy a bike for a quarter of the price and smoke anybody out on the streets if i wanted to?

Like many others have said, I've already made up my mind for the most part. And like i've said a few times, my original post should've been stated differently . It's like coming on here asking if I should get an s1000rr, or visa versa, on the s1k forums asking if i should get a Duc. A bit redundant.

I wanted to start a thread that was open ended so i could introduce myself and jump head first into the forums.

So without further ado... Hello everybody. I'm Peach
Thanks from cmh210
Peach is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2017, 07:11 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
JonT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Posts: 325
Thanks: 162

I Ride: 1199 S
Originally Posted by Peach View Post
I really don't have any other passions. I used to be really into cars when i was younger. That was until i sat on a bike for the first time... why spend so much on a car when i could buy a bike for a quarter of the price and smoke anybody out on the streets if i wanted to?

Like many others have said, I've already made up my mind for the most part. And like i've said a few times, my original post should've been stated differently . It's like coming on here asking if I should get an s1000rr, or visa versa, on the s1k forums asking if i should get a Duc. A bit redundant.

I wanted to start a thread that was open ended so i could introduce myself and jump head first into the forums.

So without further ado... Hello everybody. I'm Peach
Get stuck in mate, plenty of time to be old later. I would give one piece of advice though......ride both before you decide, the Panigale xx99's are just awesome bits of kit and will have a different character to the V4, the experience is visceral and most definitely different to th BMW you rode. Enjoy it while you can Peach, you might regret spending the money, until you get back on it and ride.
JonT is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2017, 07:25 PM   #76
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: California

Posts: 32
Thanks: 7

Originally Posted by JonT View Post
Get stuck in mate, plenty of time to be old later. I would give one piece of advice though......ride both before you decide, the Panigale xx99's are just awesome bits of kit and will have a different character to the V4, the experience is visceral and most definitely different to th BMW you rode. Enjoy it while you can Peach, you might regret spending the money, until you get back on it and ride.
I got some seat time on the 1299. like a two mile loop or so i will for sure be riding the v4 before i make a purchase. I'll ask to do a long ride on both bikes before i make my final decision. I see people on youtube who aren't journalists that get bikes from dealers for hours at a time. I wish i could swing that.
Thanks from JonT
Peach is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
budget, ducati, v4 base



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Budget RS12 Build Horico Ducati 1199 19 Dec 9th 2017 01:22 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed