Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree62Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 25th 2018, 09:29 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
gnance's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Juneau, AK

Posts: 692
Thanks: 293

I Ride: Motorcycles
Hence why I'm going for a used 1199sl. I'll wait until the v4 has been out for a bit and refined
gnance is offline  
 
Old Jan 25th 2018, 06:43 PM   #62
Member
 
Joined: Dec 2013
From: vancouver, b.c

Posts: 33
Thanks: 29

I Ride: 2001 Ducati 996 S
Originally Posted by VAST View Post
no one can possibly like the looks of the v4 when compared directly to its predecessor. if they claim to, they are lying (to themselves) or have no design sense whatsoever.
i love it when someone makes sweeping generalizations based on their own opinions!!
Thanks from The Avidmoto, able duc and Riki
vanduc996 is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2018, 06:49 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: So Cal

Posts: 528
Thanks: 150

I Ride: 2016 Panigale R
Originally Posted by vanduc996 View Post
i love it when someone makes sweeping generalizations based on their own opinions!!
Yes, have to agree with that...Borderline tosser comment!!!!
Thanks from able duc
jpanigale is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2018, 12:34 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 744
Thanks: 265

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by gnance View Post
Hence why I'm going for a used 1199sl. I'll wait until the v4 has been out for a bit and refined
used SL? way to go mate what an amazing thing
able duc is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2018, 01:57 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Trelleborg, Sweden.

Posts: 434
Thanks: 216

I Ride: '16 Pani R, 1098R Bayliss, KTM1090R.
Well, I saw the bikes, S and base, for the first time yesterday.
I must admit that it looks a lot better in the flesh than in photos, as far as the
plump midriff is concerned.

Still not loving the black plastic covers everywhere or the fairing to tank transition,
but not as hideous as they first appeared.

I've already said that my main reason for lack of interest is the V4 over a twin engine,
and that still stands. The bike aesthetics are just not good enough to make me dip my toe
in the V4 arena, regardless of clever firing orders to mimic the earlier engines, and the
promise of more HP is a moot point when I still can't get the best out of my R due to
my own limitations.

I'm sure that a lot of folk will enjoy this bike for one reason or another, but its
still a resounding No Thanks from me.
990Glen is offline  
Old Jan 31st 2018, 12:15 PM   #66
Member
 
rocroc ch's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Switzerland, near Lake Constance, Thurgau

Posts: 70
Thanks: 108

I Ride: Panigale 1299S, Monster 1200S
I drove the V4 yesterday the first time and I'm impressed. Oh no, I will not give away my 1299S but there is a big risk that I become weak... unfortunately there is still some space in my garage next to my Monster and my 1299.

The bike looks much better in real life. Played a little bit with the colors.

Original


Mirrors and licence plate eliminated, frame and exhaust black



Some white and decals

Thanks from vanduc996, Dingo, Mrdcook2 and 3 others
rocroc ch is offline  
Old Feb 1st 2018, 06:02 AM   #67
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Ottawa

Posts: 76
Thanks: 42

Let us know how you liked riding it
cavlino is offline  
Old Feb 1st 2018, 09:31 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Gdynia

Posts: 225
Thanks: 43

Looks good, my local dealer have just received 2 brand new base model.
maska321 is offline  
Old Feb 1st 2018, 12:07 PM   #69
Member
 
rocroc ch's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2015
From: Switzerland, near Lake Constance, Thurgau

Posts: 70
Thanks: 108

I Ride: Panigale 1299S, Monster 1200S
Originally Posted by cavlino View Post
Let us know how you liked riding it
To be honest I'm a huge L- or V-Twin-Fan - at least for street use. Monster 1200 (45'000km) and Pani 1299 (15'000) are both fantastic bikes. I had absolutely no issues with them. Last year I used for the race track also a ZX6R and a S1000RR, both sold. It was no question that I had to ride the V4 as soon as possible. I cannot afford such a huge gap of education ;-).

It is winter in Switzerland, but a mild one. No snow in the lower areas. My friendly dealer passed me the key for his virgin V4S and let me two hours play (bastard :-)). 8 till 10 Celsius, new Pirelli SP and a new bike: I was pretty careful.

First surprise is the sound. Euro-4, but it's far from beeing gentle. Other than any other four-cylinder. Sounds more like a V2 on dope. I like it :-). And it sounds like a Ducati. Second surprise is the wide usable speed range, strong in the middle, rocket above 10'000. I don't like narrow-chested superbike engines on the street. But this power plant will generate more fun off the race-track than many friends would imagine before they were driven the first 80 kilometers. On the track I'm sure it will be a leader.

I couldn't really evaluate the chassis. To cold, to gentle my ride. But I felt very comfortable.

The testride wasn't a good idea... I like this thing more than I thought. A longer testride will follow. On a warm sunny day. I don't need it. I don't want it. (My girlfriend told me to repeat these phrases while thinking about the V4.)
Thanks from Nitrouz, able duc, Riki and 3 others
rocroc ch is offline  
Old Feb 1st 2018, 06:33 PM   #70
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Ottawa

Posts: 76
Thanks: 42

Originally Posted by rocroc ch View Post
To be honest I'm a huge L- or V-Twin-Fan - at least for street use. Monster 1200 (45'000km) and Pani 1299 (15'000) are both fantastic bikes. I had absolutely no issues with them. Last year I used for the race track also a ZX6R and a S1000RR, both sold. It was no question that I had to ride the V4 as soon as possible. I cannot afford such a huge gap of education ;-).

It is winter in Switzerland, but a mild one. No snow in the lower areas. My friendly dealer passed me the key for his virgin V4S and let me two hours play (bastard :-)). 8 till 10 Celsius, new Pirelli SP and a new bike: I was pretty careful.

First surprise is the sound. Euro-4, but it's far from beeing gentle. Other than any other four-cylinder. Sounds more like a V2 on dope. I like it :-). And it sounds like a Ducati. Second surprise is the wide usable speed range, strong in the middle, rocket above 10'000. I don't like narrow-chested superbike engines on the street. But this power plant will generate more fun off the race-track than many friends would imagine before they were driven the first 80 kilometers. On the track I'm sure it will be a leader.

I couldn't really evaluate the chassis. To cold, to gentle my ride. But I felt very comfortable.

The testride wasn't a good idea... I like this thing more than I thought. A longer testride will follow. On a warm sunny day. I don't need it. I don't want it. (My girlfriend told me to repeat these phrases while thinking about the V4.)
Very nice summary! Please post your impressions after you get to take it out again on a warmer day
cavlino is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
aware, design, ducati, missteps, opinion, opinions, survey



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ducati Performance Footpegs Opinions? rja4z3 Ducati 1299 4 Jul 19th 2017 11:24 PM
Visual History of Ducati Design RetardedTiming Motorcycle Talk 1 Jan 24th 2017 10:56 AM
Why Ducati Corse - Opinions?? Derek Ducati 1199 15 Jun 18th 2014 09:25 PM
Lets all be aware... Stw Motorcycle Talk 10 Apr 27th 2013 01:03 AM
Second Ducati opinions wanted RSR racer Ducati 1199 32 Aug 4th 2012 06:40 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed