Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree4Thanks
  • 1 Post By jock39racer
  • 1 Post By able duc
  • 1 Post By Halo2
  • 1 Post By JonT
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 10th 2017, 05:19 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
jock39racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: South Australia

Posts: 504
Thanks: 262

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S
V4 in Australia

Hi Guys,

I got an invite today from my local dealer that there is ONE V4 in Oz doing the rounds. Its in Adelaide on the 14th Dec for one night only.

May pay to check with your local dealer if its heading your way for a look.
jock39racer is offline  
 
Old Dec 10th 2017, 05:25 PM   #2
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Sydney

Posts: 31
Thanks: 53

It is probably the same one that was at the Sydney Motorcycle show. Looks good but needs the akra to get rid of the massive stock exhaust.
F3BobaFett is offline  
Old Dec 10th 2017, 05:34 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
JonT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Posts: 325
Thanks: 162

I Ride: 1199 S
Originally Posted by jock39racer View Post
Hi Guys,

I got an invite today from my local dealer that there is ONE V4 in Oz doing the rounds. Its in Adelaide on the 14th Dec for one night only.

May pay to check with your local dealer if its heading your way for a look.
I'm guessing it is just the S model Jock, no Speciale at this stage?
JonT is offline  
Old Dec 10th 2017, 09:43 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
jock39racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: South Australia

Posts: 504
Thanks: 262

I Ride: 2012 Panigale S
Originally Posted by JonT View Post
I'm guessing it is just the S model Jock, no Speciale at this stage?
Hi Jon,

Correct it is the S model.

Still, I bought mine in 2012 with no models in Adelaide to view and forked out $38K...must be crazy. Always good to see in the flesh before committing to such a huge financial commitment.

Having said that, my local dealer said he has pre sold 3 FEs and 5 V4s... They have a 1299 SL (#200) at the shop...seriously considering selling a kidney> Without bias it is the best bike I have ever seen in the flesh. $129K Plus on road costs..
Thanks from JonT

Last edited by jock39racer; Dec 10th 2017 at 09:46 PM.
jock39racer is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2017, 12:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 492
Thanks: 173

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by jock39racer View Post
They have a 1299 SL (#200) at the shop...seriously considering selling a kidney> Without bias it is the best bike I have ever seen in the flesh. $129K Plus on road costs..
fuk you could build one cheaper than that
Thanks from JonT
able duc is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2017, 05:37 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
JonT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Posts: 325
Thanks: 162

I Ride: 1199 S
Originally Posted by jock39racer View Post
Hi Jon,

Correct it is the S model.

Still, I bought mine in 2012 with no models in Adelaide to view and forked out $38K...must be crazy. Always good to see in the flesh before committing to such a huge financial commitment.

Having said that, my local dealer said he has pre sold 3 FEs and 5 V4s... They have a 1299 SL (#200) at the shop...seriously considering selling a kidney> Without bias it is the best bike I have ever seen in the flesh. $129K Plus on road costs..
I haven't seen one but yes, lotto win would have that in my garage, $129K is a bit rich for my blood. I will be interested to see the V4 in the flesh, I quite like the Speciale aesthetics but I am thinking it will be around 50K here or more.
JonT is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2017, 05:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Halo2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 449
Thanks: 81

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Same like the look of speciale hides the lines better, the plain red looks awful. Someone here said he speciale will be 59K aud
Thanks from JonT
Halo2 is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2017, 05:41 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
JonT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2014
From: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Posts: 325
Thanks: 162

I Ride: 1199 S
Originally Posted by able duc View Post
fuk you could build one cheaper than that
There must be someone on the forum here who could comment on that ...surely
Thanks from able duc
JonT is offline  
Old Jan 5th 2018, 03:33 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
DucSyd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Newcastle, Australia

Posts: 219
Thanks: 68

I Ride: Ducati 1199S; 1200 Enduro, Scrambler, 748R, 1098S
Guys, I have a Speciale on order, it is A$59k plus I ordered the optional gold mag wheels at A$5k. Delevingne is about 3 months after the S arrives and only a handful coming.
I was going to go for the 1299FE or the new Superleggra until I saw this was being released. Had to have a V4 Ducati.
Cheers all
DucSyd is offline  
Old Jan 5th 2018, 12:56 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
able duc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2016
From: Mid Nth Coast NSW

Posts: 492
Thanks: 173

I Ride: 1199 - - - - - - - - - R1200GS Rallye X - - - - - Sherco 300SEF-R - - - - -
Originally Posted by DucSyd View Post
Guys, I have a Speciale on order, it is A$59k plus I ordered the optional gold mag wheels at A$5k. Delevingne is about 3 months after the S arrives and only a handful coming.
I was going to go for the 1299FE or the new Superleggra until I saw this was being released. Had to have a V4 Ducati.
Cheers all
Congrats mate, serious spend in OZ mate!
able duc is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
australia



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from Australia PaniR New Users 13 Apr 22nd 2016 07:06 PM
Hi from Australia Aus1299 New Users 5 Jan 1st 2016 08:34 PM
Hey from Australia! joshtammi New Users 22 Sep 28th 2015 07:07 AM
Hi All, from QLD Australia. overpitch New Users 9 Jan 19th 2012 02:53 AM
Hello from Australia! Mustard New Users 3 Nov 19th 2011 08:34 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed