Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree12Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 7th 2018, 03:36 AM   #1
Member
 
Sergiomala's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Italy

Posts: 95
Thanks: 61

Dqs error

DQS stopped working and dqs error on the display.
Anything to do to get it working again, even if only for two days?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks from MotoX183
Sergiomala is offline  
 
Old Apr 7th 2018, 10:17 AM   #2
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Ottawa

Posts: 78
Thanks: 44

Sorry to hear that Sergio... On my Italian machines usually a reset of the computer by disconnecting the battery would make things that used to work and for no reason stopped working work again. That was a long explanation in English imagine if I tried to tell you that in Sicilian!

I have also been meaning to ask you how long roughly is that wonderful ride you do up to the mountain, the one you have shared here a few times?

In bocca al lupo!

Ciao
Thanks from Sergiomala
cavlino is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2018, 10:36 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Bradoshi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Dubai (From the UK)

Posts: 27
Thanks: 47

I Ride: Panigale V4S, 749R, Aprilia RSV4, Husky FC-450
Good evening,

This seems to be a common issue, my bike has had 3 replacement quick shifter sensors so far.

Get your dealer to check the sensor voltages they will most likely find that they dont meet the necessary specs
Thanks from Sergiomala and cavlino
Bradoshi is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2018, 11:37 AM   #4
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Washington

Posts: 81
Thanks: 59

The tech at my dealership told me if I have any issues that a restart doesn't fix, try a hard restart. You do this by turning off the bike, waiting 4-5 minutes (the computer goes on standby for a few minutes after turning off), then triple click the ignition. So that's turning the key on, off, on, off, on, off. That hard resets the computer in the bike, so when you turn the key for the 4th time the issue *should* be cleared if it's just a basic software error.
Thanks from MotoX183, Sergiomala and cavlino
MaverickiB is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2018, 01:09 PM   #5
Member
 
Sergiomala's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Italy

Posts: 95
Thanks: 61

Originally Posted by cavlino View Post
Sorry to hear that Sergio... On my Italian machines usually a reset of the computer by disconnecting the battery would make things that used to work and for no reason stopped working work again. That was a long explanation in English imagine if I tried to tell you that in Sicilian!

I have also been meaning to ask you how long roughly is that wonderful ride you do up to the mountain, the one you have shared here a few times?

In bocca al lupo!

Ciao
Hi Cavlino, i tried to reset the CPU taking off power and reconnecting, but unfortunately nothing to do. I will bring the bike back to dealership next thursday for first service, and then i hope they will watch also after the quickshift problem. BTW not any other problem till now. The hills i usually climb are next to my house, north west Italy, next to the border with France and above the sea shore. My hometown is Genua. Now i'm over with break in, so can't wait to bring her on a racetrack. Here a vid i made today fooling around with a few friends around my age. We are all of us aged boys a few years over 60.

Thanks from maxnne and cavlino
Sergiomala is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2018, 01:13 PM   #6
Member
 
Sergiomala's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Italy

Posts: 95
Thanks: 61

Originally Posted by MaverickiB View Post
The tech at my dealership told me if I have any issues that a restart doesn't fix, try a hard restart. You do this by turning off the bike, waiting 4-5 minutes (the computer goes on standby for a few minutes after turning off), then triple click the ignition. So that's turning the key on, off, on, off, on, off. That hard resets the computer in the bike, so when you turn the key for the 4th time the issue *should* be cleared if it's just a basic software error.
I will go to try it now, in this very moment, even if it's 11:15 in the night here now.
Thank you so much.
Sergiomala is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2018, 02:16 PM   #7
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Ottawa

Posts: 78
Thanks: 44

Originally Posted by Sergiomala View Post
Hi Cavlino, i tried to reset the CPU taking off power and reconnecting, but unfortunately nothing to do. I will bring the bike back to dealership next thursday for first service, and then i hope they will watch also after the quickshift problem. BTW not any other problem till now. The hills i usually climb are next to my house, north west Italy, next to the border with France and above the sea shore. My hometown is Genua. Now i'm over with break in, so can't wait to bring her on a racetrack. Here a vid i made today fooling around with a few friends around my age. We are all of us aged boys a few years over 60.

Good to hear no other problems and the lack of quick shift at least doesn't leave you stranded. Very cool to hear about your location. I am going to be 55 in July so learning your age and seeing your riding is very encouraging for me.

Grazie mille!

Wow, super nice roads (autostrada) how many km can you go with the fuel reserve light on?

Carmelo

Last edited by cavlino; Apr 7th 2018 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Added questions after watching video
cavlino is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2018, 01:38 PM   #8
Member
 
Sergiomala's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Italy

Posts: 95
Thanks: 61

Originally Posted by MaverickiB View Post
The tech at my dealership told me if I have any issues that a restart doesn't fix, try a hard restart. You do this by turning off the bike, waiting 4-5 minutes (the computer goes on standby for a few minutes after turning off), then triple click the ignition. So that's turning the key on, off, on, off, on, off. That hard resets the computer in the bike, so when you turn the key for the 4th time the issue *should* be cleared if it's just a basic software error.
Tried your advice, but it seems the problem is somewhere else. Thanks anyway. I apprecited your help a lot.

Ciao.
Sergiomala is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2018, 01:14 PM   #9
Member
 
Sergiomala's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Italy

Posts: 95
Thanks: 61

Shift cell replaced in very short time. Now here it's raining so no chance to test it. Waiting for better weather.
Sergiomala is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2018, 01:30 PM   #10
Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Ottawa

Posts: 78
Thanks: 44

Originally Posted by Sergiomala View Post
Shift cell replaced in very short time. Now here it's raining so no chance to test it. Waiting for better weather.
Good to know that it didn't take long. Have you changed any suspension settings now that you have had the bike for a while?
Thanks from Sergiomala
cavlino is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
dqs, error



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Engine Error and Side Stand Error mcipaulr Ducati 1199 6 Aug 8th 2016 12:16 PM
DQS error chris420r Ducati 1199 7 Apr 11th 2015 12:19 AM
CAN Bus and ODB-2 Error Messages Gecko Ducati 1199 2 Nov 29th 2014 03:52 AM
BBS! Error Paddyross Mechanical and Technical 3 Dec 19th 2013 12:05 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed