Go Back   Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Ducati V4 Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - Ducati V4 Panigale Superbike Motorcycle Forum


Thanks Tree8Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 16th 2018, 10:43 PM   #21
Member
 
motoscience's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: New York-Los Angeles-Bologna

Posts: 32
Thanks: 19

I Ride: a bat from hell.....
Howdy all:
I need the base mounts from some broken Panigale V4 mirrors in order to make some folding LED mirrors for the Panigale V4.
I'll send the shipping label. I need left and right stock bases..... hb7777@gmail.com or call 323-933-1366
If you are a machinist or 3d printer CAD engineer and would like to make some prototypes, get in touch.

They will look like these mirror on 959/1299, except I need to CNC mill the inset trapezoidal V4 mount with a 8mm pivot for the folding LED mirror.
I was waiting for Italy to produce some, but they are taking ~too long.






If you are looking for a Panigale V4 folding bar end mirror which doesn't take your eyes off the road ahead, I suggest these functional folding 7490/91 model derived from the Mv Agusta Rivale......





You fill the stock mirror fairing hole with a flush mount LED turn signal.....

cheers, henri
Thanks from Riki, cavlino and jbraslins

Last edited by motoscience; Apr 16th 2018 at 10:47 PM.
motoscience is offline  
 
Old Apr 17th 2018, 01:48 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
MrBIgBiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2016
From: IL

Posts: 285
Thanks: 95

I Ride: MY17 Panigale 1299s
Happened to me too.
A week after owning it.
I Installed Rizoma adapters and Veloce L mirrors. love it
Rizoma makes the V4 DP accessories but nothing in their site for the V4 yet


Originally Posted by RetardedTiming View Post
That sucks. I thought for sure they would change that.

Broke my 1299 mirror a week after owning it. Broke it again walking by the bike when it caught on my jacket a week later. Pretty annoying.

I don't like the available turn signal options so I keep using them.
MrBIgBiker is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2018, 06:05 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
LeoV4S's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: Virginia

Posts: 174
Thanks: 42

I Ride: V4S
Originally Posted by MrBIgBiker View Post
Happened to me too.

A week after owning it.

I Installed Rizoma adapters and Veloce L mirrors. love it

Rizoma makes the V4 DP accessories but nothing in their site for the V4 yet


Do you mind sharing a picture? I just pay $250 for that stupid mirror...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeoV4S is offline  
Old Apr 18th 2018, 08:26 PM   #24
Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: California

Posts: 58
Thanks: 20

I Ride: Ducati V4
Broke one of mine yesterday as well. I'm honestly not a fan of mirrors anyway so I was a little happy I "had" to take them off. The rage cycles signal block offs look so bulky and cheap. Hoping something else gets released soon that's more aesthetically pleasing.
Peach is offline  
Old Apr 18th 2018, 09:57 PM   #25
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Washington

Posts: 95
Thanks: 65

Originally Posted by Peach View Post
Broke one of mine yesterday as well. I'm honestly not a fan of mirrors anyway so I was a little happy I "had" to take them off. The rage cycles signal block offs look so bulky and cheap. Hoping something else gets released soon that's more aesthetically pleasing.
NRC has this strange way of looking like garbage in pictures but actually pretty decent in person. My local dealership's demo bike has the NRC turn signals and the fender eliminator, both of which I thought looked terrible based on pictures. Seeing them in person completely changed my mind, ordered the turn signals and if this damn bracket I ordered forever ago doesn't come in soon for my fender eliminator, I'll probably go with the NRC one.
Thanks from jbraslins
MaverickiB is offline  
Old May 4th 2018, 05:23 PM   #26
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: North Carolina

Posts: 85
Thanks: 37

I Ride: Ducati Panigale V4S
I broke my mirror on Sunday when I hit it with my arm Can you believe that! I believe it should be replaced under warranty.
I tried superglue for a quick bond with no luck, so I took the entire assembly apart. Which took over an hour to accomplish. I plan to epoxy bond it back together with some internal bracing (thin aluminum) and then bond a carbon overlay on the exterior for a different look.
I priced a replacement mirror 245.00. We all spent allot of money on these bikes and the mirrors are complete SHIT! Just about every vehicle has folding mirrors. My 1988 Yamaha FZR1000 had folding mirrors.
Just to save weight that B.S.
Thanks from cavlino
carlpretzel is offline  
Old May 8th 2018, 02:41 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
LeoV4S's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: Virginia

Posts: 174
Thanks: 42

I Ride: V4S
Originally Posted by carlpretzel View Post
I broke my mirror on Sunday when I hit it with my arm Can you believe that! I believe it should be replaced under warranty.
I tried superglue for a quick bond with no luck, so I took the entire assembly apart. Which took over an hour to accomplish. I plan to epoxy bond it back together with some internal bracing (thin aluminum) and then bond a carbon overlay on the exterior for a different look.
I priced a replacement mirror 245.00. We all spent allot of money on these bikes and the mirrors are complete SHIT! Just about every vehicle has folding mirrors. My 1988 Yamaha FZR1000 had folding mirrors.
Just to save weight that B.S.


These mirrors are a joke... I though I was the only one... Somebody should come up with folding mirrors for all the Panigale


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeoV4S is offline  
Old May 8th 2018, 02:56 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Halo2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Australia

Posts: 747
Thanks: 151

I Ride: 2013 1199S
Originally Posted by carlpretzel View Post
I broke my mirror on Sunday when I hit it with my arm Can you believe that! I believe it should be replaced under warranty.
I tried superglue for a quick bond with no luck, so I took the entire assembly apart. Which took over an hour to accomplish. I plan to epoxy bond it back together with some internal bracing (thin aluminum) and then bond a carbon overlay on the exterior for a different look.
I priced a replacement mirror 245.00. We all spent allot of money on these bikes and the mirrors are complete SHIT! Just about every vehicle has folding mirrors. My 1988 Yamaha FZR1000 had folding mirrors.
Just to save weight that B.S.
You have to use glue designed for plastic or plastic weld.

The moto science ones above look shit.

Last edited by Halo2; May 8th 2018 at 02:58 PM.
Halo2 is offline  
Old May 8th 2018, 03:10 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
LeoV4S's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: Virginia

Posts: 174
Thanks: 42

I Ride: V4S
Originally Posted by motoscience View Post
Howdy all:
I need the base mounts from some broken Panigale V4 mirrors in order to make some folding LED mirrors for the Panigale V4.
I'll send the shipping label. I need left and right stock bases..... hb7777@gmail.com or call 323-933-1366
If you are a machinist or 3d printer CAD engineer and would like to make some prototypes, get in touch.

They will look like these mirror on 959/1299, except I need to CNC mill the inset trapezoidal V4 mount with a 8mm pivot for the folding LED mirror.
I was waiting for Italy to produce some, but they are taking ~too long.






If you are looking for a Panigale V4 folding bar end mirror which doesn't take your eyes off the road ahead, I suggest these functional folding 7490/91 model derived from the Mv Agusta Rivale......





You fill the stock mirror fairing hole with a flush mount LED turn signal.....

cheers, henri


You can have mine, my email is LP560ugr@gmail.com


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeoV4S is offline  
Old Jun 5th 2018, 04:51 PM   #30
Member
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Toronto

Posts: 59
Thanks: 33

I Ride: Panigale V4S
Broke one of my mirrors yesterday moving it into the garage. I didn’t feel any resistance when the mirror snagged, just heard the pop.
burton is offline  
Reply

  Ducati Forum > Ducati Panigale Forum > Ducati V4

Tags
folding, mirrors



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Discussions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Folding Mirrors Help Alpha Male Ducati 1299 16 Nov 8th 2016 03:14 PM
For Sale: FS: Evotech folding levers. x3thelast Classifieds 4 Aug 13th 2016 09:25 AM
1199 Panigale Mirrors : FAR/Moto-Science mirrors from Italy motoscience Ducati 1199 47 Jun 19th 2013 12:52 PM
Folding or Non folding jewcati Ducati 1199 4 Aug 17th 2012 06:54 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed